Swedish history thread

Since everyone asked for it, here it is: the thread to discuss and learn about Swedish history.

If you need to catch up on parts of Swedens history, i can happily summarise it. Other than that, share your thoughts and questions in this board

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Sweden#Demographics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_of_1866–68
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How far north do you have to go before you reach the Swedish equivalent of the American South?

Culturally? The south (mainly Skåne) is very conservative.

Is dying due to Muslim hordes.

The central parts are known as the bible belt

Norrland is the only good part of Sweden. Prove me wrong.

Pro-tip: You can't.

if you go far north enough you will find strange folks

Have anyone here read 'Karolinerna' by Verner Von Heidenstam? I started reading it but I have an old copy of it and the language is really confusing.

Is it worth buying a newer release?

t.Commie

I don't know. I still find new places in this country every year that makes me love it more. But I think we can all agree Stockholm is the worst city(except for the museums).

Dalarna

As a Swede I gotta say that most of Swedish history is quite dry and undramatic.

When did the Swedes find the native Sami people, and what was their relation to them? I know that in the WW2 period some bad shit happened, but I'm clueless before that.

Wasn't there a dude that burned a king's family alive after inviting them to a feast in good will and then assumed the throne? That sounds like some Game of Thrones shit right there.

>The blood eagle is a ritualized method of execution, detailed in late skaldic poetry. According to the two instances mentioned in the Sagas, the victim (always a member of a royal family) was placed prone, the ribs severed from the vertebral column with a sharp implement and the lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of “wings”.

Probably. Most of it is just petty squabbles, border disputes in the baltic region and hostilities with Denmark.

realistically, what percent of swedes aren't white/native to sweden?

Why did so many Swedes leave Sweden in the late 19th/early 20th century for the US?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Sweden#Demographics

>According to Eurostat, in 2010, there were 1.33 million foreign-born residents in Sweden, corresponding to 14.3% of the total population. Of these, 859,000 (64.3%) were born outside the EU and 477,000 (35.7%) were born in another EU Member State.[17][18]

My ancestors are from Skane, and Mississippi, how southern am I?

100%

Shes qt. Where can I get a women like this?

Lappland?

There's a likelyhood she has castrated a living deer with her teeth.

An over-glorified Northern hovel of a state given unnecessary attention because their suicidal immigration policies have become a world-known phenomena.

That would be Gotland.

That's quite the catch.

it seems you were mostly spared from the poltards this time around OP

Opportunity.

The "history" of Sweden pretty much ended when Russians decided that they fancied a port on the Baltic sea.

>Stockholm is the worst city
Stockholm is beautiful though

pretty much this still.
It is also worth remembering that the single largest immigrant group is Finns.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_of_1866–68

Skane independence when?

>tfw swedes are racist as fuck towards finns but love middle-easterns and africans

Onko rotumme syytä tää?

Where did the cuck culture begin?
Was it when jews started to own the media?

Even a barren frozen wasteland is better than niggers.

Getting castrated during early 19th century.

Never. It'll be part of Sweden now and forever.

>one of the densest forest regions in Europe is a wasteland