Which version of the bible should I read?

Which version of the bible should I read?

Other urls found in this thread:

gullahbible.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Director's cut.

OT: Masoretic + Koine Septuagint
NT: Koine

If you read the Bible in English you're a literal pleb.

What are you reading it for?

The King James is considered a major accomplishment in English literature. The RNSV is a major feature of academia these days.

Accuracy to the original

the quran

t. Mohammed

Hyper Super Bible 2: Arcade Edition

That's a bit of a loaded proposition, because you're talking about translating to a language that isn't even related to the original language of one and only very, very distantly related to the original language of the other.

I recommend something like the Oxford Annotated Bible, which includes commentary from Biblical scholars of a bunch of backgrounds (Catholic, Jewish, Orthodox and Protestant) and alternate translations for contentious words and phrases.

Kewl thx

Read a self-help book instead. It's exactly that there are so many versions that shows how divided religious people are, how un-united. It's a lot easier to learn from a practically-written book than one that babbles in riddles..

It is a plain fact that if a Translation is close to Tyndales, it is a good one.

The Book of Mormon.

hasa diga eebowai

>His bible doesn't have pictures

SMDH TBQF

Catholics aren't Christian

This post exactly. Read RNSV first maybe and read key passages in the King James version.

How is the Trilogy (Torah, Bible, Quran) ranked?

the Quran

Fpbp

King James. AVOID SCOFIELD AT ALL COSTS. If you want to know and how, watch the documentary "Marching to Zion."

King James is the oldest but that doesn't mean any of the other versions are bad, it would be nice to have the other versions to refer to if you need to

Greek.
If English, then the Orthodox Study Bible.

Reminder that the only reason the orthodox church still exists is because it permits alcohol

outdated/corrupted. this is clean and new.

Not new enough

The Gullah Bible

/thread
gullahbible.com/

>heretic

The KJV is no where near the first, there's Wycliffe's Bible, the Matthews Bible, the Geneva Bible, the Bishops Bible etc etc and these all before the KJV

King James Version

It is universally regarded as the best version of the Bible.

The Torah.

Oh, I don't know where I heard that then
First fully translated bible maybe?

King James version is trash. I have no idea what to get for you if Proddie or Orthodox but if you're Catholic the Jerusalem Bible is a must-have.

Avoid the King James version at all cost. Look into NAB (New American Bible), RSV, and the ESV. Again avoid the King James (KJV)