Yfw the life of a quiet sustinence peasant farmer is being eradicated and all of humanity from Brunei to Karachi to...

>yfw the life of a quiet sustinence peasant farmer is being eradicated and all of humanity from Brunei to Karachi to Dublin is moving into cities wherever nobody talks to each other and everyone hates everyone else for a life of perpetual wage slavery and both the left and right wing say this is good because peasants with simple honest values are either reactionaries or not good capitalist consumers

I really like not dying to dental infections.

While you frogpost on the internet there are in fact millions of irl subsistence farmers living out their lives that you didn't even think about.

That's the irony, if you practiced the virtues to claim to profess, then none of us would be listening to you right now.

>implying dental infections were common in peasantry
No, it's the modern people overdosing on surgary garbage who have shit teeth.

>implying you can't shitpost as you live and work on in a farm in rural iowa

>the life of a quiet sustinence peasant farmer

There's no such thing as a quiet sustinence peasant farmer in the USA. Farmers are at worst middle to upper middle class business owners.

Not the guy you're replying to, but yeah it's pretty easy these days with everything being extremely mechanized. In 1800, ten guys wouldn't do in a day what one guy can do in two hours in 2016.

It's not a matter of them being common, it's a matter of whether you can effectively treat shit like that.

I also appreciate the fact that without modern medical science (itself a product of the industrial revolution and fundamentally dependent on our economy) I'd almost certainly be dead by now. Hell, you're probably only alive right now because of it.

>No, it's the modern people overdosing on surgary garbage who have shit teeth.

Only if you don't take care of them, you goddamn mong. Also plenty of ancient cultures exhibit extreme wear and tear on their teeth.

Come to America, where you can live the life of wage slavery AND die of a dental infection.

Today more people are dying of dental infections because they have shit diet and they can't afford a dentist.

It's not just America. In most of the world dental work isn't covered by public healthcare, or at best only partially.

I have that feel too.

I probably shouldn't since I don't live in the countryside but still it's bad that everyone is leaving the farms

>Only if you don't take care of them, you goddamn mong.
This is actually false. You can get tooth rot even if you brush and floss three times every day. If it really was that easy then dentists wouldn't even exist.

>Today more people are dying of dental infections because they have shit diet and they can't afford a dentist.

Yes, but I, the happy-go-lucky denizen of an industrialized first world nation, am not and neither are you.

But even at that, it was a random example. Fewer people are dying in childbirth, as infants, as children, etc. Vastly fewer people (as a percentage, absolute numbers are higher due to higher populations) are dying of shit like dysentery.

>It's not just America. In most of the world dental work isn't covered by public healthcare, or at best only partially.

Generally in the first world, most people make enough money to pay for such things and the government will still cover life-saving procedures.

>Fewer people are dying in childbirth
Looking at the big picture, is that a good thing? It allows for an absurd, unprecedented rate of population growth with very finite resources.

Proper brushing and flossing can damn-near halt tooth decay.

You have no idea what farm work entails in modern day, I already know you're a twenty-something university cuck living in a metro area of one million people or more. Completely detached from the real world yet acting like you know everything.

Wtf is your problem jimbo

>Looking at the big picture, is that a good thing?

Not in an absolute sense, but there is no such thing as absolute good. But setting that aside, you tell me: do you feel better knowing that your mother, sister, wife, etc. aren't likely to die giving birth?

>It allows for an absurd, unprecedented rate of population growth with very finite resources.

That's only a problem in the areas of the globe that aren't particularly industrialized, you know, the places where your romanticized ideas of subsistence farmers are still a thing. Coincidentally these are also the places where dying in childbirth is more common.

>areas of the globe that aren't particularly industrialized
Imagine if Africa and India properly industrialized, imagine that gargantuan amount of resource consumption once they obtain a reasonable purchasing power (use the US, European and Chinese consumption rates for comparison). The planet would fucking collapse. Them being poor right now is actually a good thing for the world.

Shut the fuck up you urban nigger is my problem.

Their populations would likely begin a decline as most industrialized nations experience.

Our economy would also probably undergo changes to adapt to the new circumstances, as our society and economy are shaped by material realities.

>17 yo

>likely begin a decline
Means fuck all, there's still going to be a boatload of them. Japanese population is declining right now, but there's still 130 million Japanese with an unreal consumption rate.

I don't know what shithole you live in but it's legal to fuck a 15 year old in most of the world.

We're in the awkward stages before massive automation, universal income, and immersive VR.

>universal income + open borders
Demographic suicide really.

Did I say open borders?

I'm not saying you did, but that's the current paradigm in Europe.

In some places, yes.

I do think that universal income is a bad idea unless about ~65% of manufacturing is automated. The countries that have already begun to implement it are, I think, jumping the gun.