Esau/Edomites

Who are the living descendants of the Edomites/Esau in todays world?

pardon my english

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpVJzLFQ9ro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like how this story is pretty much Jews just admitting and reveling in the fact that they are shifty conmen.

As far as I know there have been no genetic studies done, or even modern agreement as to who the "Edomites" were besides generic Semite groups living in what's now southern Jordan.

But given how a lot of these other genetic tests show there's a lot less population movement and transfer than people thought in the 19th century and the like, my best guess would be the guys living in southern Jordan right now.

Minor off thread topic, but the Esau thing got me thinking. A few years back, I started learning Hebrew to read the Old Testament in the original. One thing that struck me is how incoherent, for lack of a better term, Esau's diction is. It's hard to translate 1 for 1 from Hebrew to English, and if you do so, you often wind up with garbled messes; but Esau is practically incomprehensible, doing things like uttering 'sentences' without a subject, or substituting names with just crude adjectives. You almost have to know what it is he's supposed to be saying before you can puzzle out what the Hebrew means.

Anyone have any ideas why the OT authors would have written him that way? He comes across like he's one of those "I can count to potato" retards, at least to me.

White people

bump

Idea 1
>Oy vey this goy sure is dumb! Aren't we Jews just the greatest?

Idea 2
It's an attempt at cramming a dialect with a different grammar structure into Hebrew phonetically.

Jordanians/Palestinians.

Esau was a "man's man", an outdoors-man, a hunter. A rough, hairy, blunt man who was not very wise and not very intelligent. He did not "hang about the tents with the womenfolk" as his soft brother did.

And he sold his birthright for a bowl of soup, so yeah, he probably was an "I can count to potato" guy.

Is Esau able to go to heaven?

Mostly Jewish people

Sure. Depends on what his beliefs about God were. He eventually reconciled with his brother after being essentially bribed beyond measure.

Fuck, was it Iran? It was probably Iran.

Gotta be smart to be a hunter, my friend.

So he isn't?

Hard to outwit a guy whose name is literally "Trickster".

WE

youtube.com/watch?v=BpVJzLFQ9ro

Black we wuz israel and shit getting btfo as fuck

It's the story about how Isaac tried to Jew his little son, and got Jewd in turn by his wife, who Jewd her older son away from his inheritance.

There's nothing intelligent about a trick.

And there's also nothing intelligent about hating someone so much that they decided to use their brain against him.

Don't really know, Edomites were likely similar to that of the Israelites. Their kingdom unfortunately was a arid/desert kingdom and has been difficult to find much archeological resources on them.

>Anyone have any ideas why the OT authors would have written him that way? He comes across like he's one of those "I can count to potato" retards, at least to me.

its obvious that the ancient Israelites of J and E found Esau to be foolish and not worthy of YHWH's blessing, it could be the case that they had written to express it so, or that the sentences structure is primitive, I'm going to check it out since I have a program that can detect this.

Maybe he did squander his birthright but his descendents might not be going there since they worshipped Qos.

>original
>Hebrew
Pick one

I think I saw some of those black Israelite guys once. I was a little kid on a vacation with my mom and stepdad in DC and they were spouting all this crazy shit about how "white people are the devil." Looking back now, it's crazy to think they'd be shouting stuff like that right in front of a little kid. Very impolite.

Part of them got mixed in with Israelites during Babylonian Captivity. Rest get mixed with Arabs. They are dead as fuck if you think in flesh terms.
hope that you mean that you read Qumran scrolls. MT is shit.