Catholics of Veeky Forums, are you praying for the Church in her hour of need?

Catholics of Veeky Forums, are you praying for the Church in her hour of need?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/full-text-and-explanatory-notes-of-cardinals-questions-on-amoris-laetitia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Catholic general? Okay.

What does Veeky Forums think of The Young Pope?

Not seen it yet but the reviews are weirdly good.

I saw Silence last weekend, it's great. Not sure if Veeky Forums approved though

Catholics aren't Christian

Fuck off Protestant scum.

Nah, I'm a lapsed/cultural Catholic who attends very irregularly now, but I still like the Church. Did something bad happen? I'll offer up a prayer.

Just do a Google or Twitter search for "dubia." It's a mess.

Basically the Pope put out an apostolic exhortation that seems to allow divorced and remarried Catholics who have not yet received an annulment to take Communion, despite the fact that, until their annulment is granted, a remarried Catholic in a sexual relationship with their partner is living in a state of mortal sin.

The four cardinals in the OP submitted four questions, or "dubia," trying to clarify the issue. Pope Francis refused to answer the questions, so after about two months the cardinals made the questions public, and it's been bad ever since. Bishops and cardinals have been quarreling. The pope has refused to lead.

It's honestly very frustrating. I was a big fan of Francis until this, but he's deeply disappointed me here. He ought to answer the questions, regardless of what that answer is. He ought to step up and produce clarity in the Church.

Fuck you papist
Your wafers belong in urinals

Protestants aren't Christian

Atheist here, let me tell you Catholics something.
If you look at the universe as a whole, from the big bang to the first step a creature that could be called homo sapiens took on Earth, and taking into account the modern achievements of science, you'll realize that there is no reason why you shouldn't ignore the protestant retard.

We're the only true Christians, we're the only ones who believe the bible

Really sick of bishops in general who don't teach clearly in the name of being "pastoral." The Church needs more men like these four cardinals.

The issue is literally over a single footnote as well, it's infuriating. Bishops know at this point that teachings like "people who are in an adulterous relationship can't receive communion" don't change. There's just no excuse for it.

>atheists are pro-Catholic and anti-Christian
really makes you think

The parts you kept that is.

We have all 66 books

Atheist here, I'm actually kind of curious about this, but am loathe to click on random websites to find out more about it.

What were the questions?

Also I found this while googling dubia.

>those 66 books
>all

This pretty much explains the issue:

ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/full-text-and-explanatory-notes-of-cardinals-questions-on-amoris-laetitia

If you want to look at the text it's talking about directly you can find a link to the text of "Amoris Laetitia" in the article. Scroll down to 305 and read footnote 351 for the problematic text.

Judith 1:1 is a blatant historical error

>Says Protestants believe in the bible
>"here's this part of the bible we don't believe"
Good joke, protestants.

>Judith
>the bible
pick one

I'm not a Roman Catholic, but I still pray for the church every day