Why are the Vikings the main subject of history when you talk about Scandinavia...

Why are the Vikings the main subject of history when you talk about Scandinavia, why is there no romanticized """history""" show about the Caroleans? What did they do wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothicism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_between_Russia_and_Sweden
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHKn1JYHcA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2ylGAwBnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The wha-?

Did they invade Britain? No? So who cares?

Scandinavia in Medieval times is shithole. All historical sources talks only about Danes - Northmans - they are real Scourge of Europe and later they create Normandy - Sicilian Kingdoms, Great Britain etc. All other Skandi are just Fingol woodcutters. But later in times Calmar Union mass German colonization of Sweden (what is German name for this country) happened, and because of this Sweden begin dominate in Baltic region, Swedish Empire etc. Such greatness demand invention of epic ancestors and Swedes invent Gothicism.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothicism
Is same shit as Sarmatism, but for Swedes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism

But later Gothic origin of Swedes become too laughable and they invent vikings in XIX century (historic sources know Normans, Danes but almost don't known vikings - only few timesmentioned about pathetic pirates). Swedes spread this shit vikings around the word by same vay as they spread Ikea now.

Why they don't fap to Swedish Empire instead? Because their Empire suck Russian dicks too often and Swedes not forget this yet.

They made Russians burn down their own villages to stop their march into Russia, it's unfair to state the Swedish (wewuz) Empire was sucking Ruski cock.

Professor Farnsworth thread?

Because of Russian Sweden stop be Empre and become modern cucks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_between_Russia_and_Sweden

Same story about Poland. They pretend to same role of Empire in region as Russia but fail and stop to exist.

This was berry interdasting until you got all shitty and /int/ at the end.

Putin! Stop posting on Veeky Forums!

Doesn't Trump have something you need to be doing for him?

Not yet. If it becomes complete shit in here, then it's Farnsworth time.

You mean sucking my dick?

Non-pleasant truth is truth still.

Your post just comes across as an asshurt Dane who's still frothing at the mouth when he wakes up every morning and realizes Scania is still, and will always remain, Swedish.

wrong. I'm Russian, sorry if cause butthurt to you by my truth.

he is obviously Russian
you can tell by all the spelling errors in his posts

>Russia
>somehow not a backwater

>somehow not a backwater
wut?

Those hats at the front are reeeeaaally fucking cool.

Nobody outside of serious military or European historians know that Sweden had a flash of greatness in the late 17th century up until the early 18th century.

wtf i hate russians now

Doesn't Anglo sources differ between Northmen and Danes? I know that in modern Swedish, Norwegian and Danish, the term for a Norwegian is literally translated as "North-man". Would it be dumb to say that Northmen means Norwegians and Danes as Danes?

No Anglo sources use the term "Dane" to refer to all Scandinavians.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHKn1JYHcA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2ylGAwBnk

Vikings fight with a swords and charge and yell and stuff. Caroleans marched up to you and then shot.
It's for the same reasons folks don't care about pretty much any soldiers between the invention of the arquebus and the napoleonic wars, tech was such that soldiers are uninteresting to non-autists.
I love them of course, I'm certain others here do, but you know how normies are. They're not like us.

So if Russia is a backwater that somehow invalidates his points? Despite him talking like a retard he's still correct, Sweden was a shithole until the early modern period.

For how long was Russia a shithole?

Slavs literally invited Swedes to become their rulers.

Your move.

Yeah sure user, we're all serious historians here

Forever. Your point?

>Russians
>Slavs
You should know better at this point. They're mostly Finnic.