Jesus is god

>jesus is god
>jesus is also god's son
>jesus is his own son
>jesus is his own father
>jesus killed himself (and his father, and uh, his son) so he can be able to forgive out sins

>yet jesus talks to god like he's a completely other person

christfags explain yourselves

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark 14:12-26
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 26:17-30
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 22:7-38
wweek.com/news/city/2017/01/16/a-baby-is-dead-after-being-found-with-his-homeless-mother-at-a-portland-bus-stop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all."

The Trinity is a retcon, Jesus never claimed to be God.

Like you never talk to yourself.

Normal people don't talk to themselves.

Someone with an ability walks into 7-11 and talks to everyone and they talk back.

Christians are polytheists in denial.

This. Muslims are right on this one, Christians are just crypto-pagans.

The concept of a trinity of gods has been around forever, like Ra, Osiris, Thoth.

Christianity just jumped on the bandwagon.

"The LORD said to my Lord, Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies beneath your feet."

Just turn your brain off.

You should really start reading the bible.

John 10
My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.”

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 8
Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 14
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 1:1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.

Muslims are part of a very large christian cult.

The trinity has been around forever, as he is God.

These demons you mention knew God before the world was made.

Who do you think the "elites" are in touch with?

Do you not know that demons do not die, and their sole aim is to rule the world, with their leader worshiped as God?

No, most of you are lost, and without a compass. I pity you. You're missing out on one of the greatest times in history, foretold by the prophets of God.

Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Betrayal and Arrest in Gethsemane
43 And immediately, while He was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.
John 18
Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?”

They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.”

Jesus said to them, “I am He.” And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them. 6 Now when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground.

Jesus saying his name, I Am, knocked hundreds of Roman soldiers off their feet.

There were other Christians that didn
t believe in the trinity or divinity of Jesus. They were all killed off though.

it goes deeper than that op

Then they claimed to be Christians, but were not.

This is not rocket science.

Either you know Jesus is God, died for the sins of the world, and rose on the third day, or you are not a Christian.

kek

Couldn't get past the first image.

God on his throne is not a young guy on a throne next to an old guy on a throne.

There is only one God. Protip: He looks a lot like Jesus.

f.a.m. I'm not the dude you're replying to but I have a question for you, was Jesus circumcised? In the case yes (Luke 2:21), was that piece of flesh taken away part of God?

Yes.

Luke 2
Circumcision of Jesus
And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.

Jesus was the only person who kept the Old Covenant perfectly.

>was that piece of flesh taken away part of God?

It was part of the Christ child.

Jesus' cells were also replaced as ours are, because Jesus left heaven and became a human being.

>good evidence that the both the Old and New Testaments are filled with interpolations
>Christcucks continue to post Bible verses as though they mean anything

Why are they so fucking stupid?

So does Jesus hold two independent forms (Divine and Human) like nestorians believe?

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

>Jesus was the only person who kept the Old Covenant perfectly.

Not him, but the Gospels record him not doing so.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark 14:12-26

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 26:17-30

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 22:7-38

Notice how in none of them they were actually there, at the temple, with the sacrifice, like you're supposed to?

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings."

>wweek.com/news/city/2017/01/16/a-baby-is-dead-after-being-found-with-his-homeless-mother-at-a-portland-bus-stop/
>She said she'd gotten pregnant "by the miracle of immaculate conception"

Capitalism killed the second coming of Jesus.

It's all a logical mess. "I died so you could be saved and go to heaven" has no one just taken a step back and examined how nonsensical this is?

Sounds like damage control for a situation where a guy who claimed to be the Jewish Messiah was executed instead of actually saving the world.

Where *in the bible* does Jesus refer to himself as the God of the old testament? I'll be waiting.

If you think that Pharisaical Judaism was the ultimate pinnacle of the Law of Moses, you did not read what Jesus said about it.

If you do not understand that Jesus changed the Passover from a remembrance of what he did getting you people out of Egypt to what he did to get mankind out of condemnation, you do not believe Moses and the prophets.

Haven't seen you for a while.

Didn't miss you.

>So there did indeed exist "psychological laws" as Proust calls them.[7] These laws and this system are the consequences of a fundamental reality grasped by the novelists, which Girard called "the mimetic character of desire." This is the content of his first book, Deceit, Desire and the Novel (1961). We borrow our desires from others. Far from being autonomous, our desire for a certain object is always provoked by the desire of another person—the model—for this same object. This means that the relationship between the subject and the object is not direct: there is always a triangular relationship of subject, model, and object. Through the object, one is drawn to the model, whom Girard calls the mediator: it is in fact the model who is sought. Girard calls desire "metaphysical" in the measure that, as soon as a desire is something more than a simple need or appetite, "all desire is a desire to be",[6] it is an aspiration, the dream of a fullness attributed to the mediator.

You sin.
Punishment is death.
You die, pay punishment, spend eternity in hell.

You sin.
Punishment is death.
Jesus dies in your place. Punishment meted out.
You are still alive and can choose to remain that way, or make what Jesus did for you on the cross meaningless.

>Using your conclusion to argue its own validity.

This is why nobody takes you seriously. Especially when you ignore half of what you consider revealed scripture to prove the other half.

Oh, and by the way? Passover sacrifice? Definitely around way before Phariseeism. The Pharisees tended to downplay the notions of sacrifice and temple observance. But once again, good job in managing to be wrong about literally every single part of your post.

Every time Jesus said "I Am".

I Am the Way
I Am the Life
I Am the Truth
Nobody gets to the Father but by Me.

I Am the Door
I Am the Bread
I Am the Light of the World
I Am the Good Shepherd

I Am He.

Yeshua. YHWH Saves.

/rel/igion needs to be its own board, and I shouldn't bump an obvious bait thread, but...

I've always felt that applying divinity to Christ completely destroys his message. He should only be thought of as the Son of God in the same sense that we are all sons of God. His life lived is an example of a capacity we all share, that we all can, and ought, to live life by his example. If you attribute Jesus with divinity, than his example is forever out of our mortal reach. He is no longer a man in a state of enlightenment, but a divine being to which no man can aspire to, and whose footsteps we simply cannot follow.

It basically takes the core of all his best teachings, and tosses them to the wind. Never mind the consequence of believing all sins are forgiven, and that the only path to salvation is through him, rather than through following his example.

All of these are easily interpreted metaphorically as being consistent with the Buddhist principle of the oneness of the mind that experiences all being.

Oh, but Jesus never spoke in metaphors or parables, amirite?

You say Jesus did not keep the Passover supper. You keep saying it as though it were true. You keep saying it as though Jesus and the disciples did not eat a Passover dinner the night he was arrested.

You are entitled to your own opinion, Jew, but not to your own facts.

Jesus is the promised Jewish Messiah that Moses and the prophets spoke of.

And if you had any regard for Daniel, which you do not, you would know that the Messiah had to be alive during the time of the second temple.

You're lost, Jew.

Wake up.

Buddha's name is not I Am.

God's name, or more technically his placeholder for a name, is I Am.

Nor is Buddha God, nor did Buddha claim to be God, nor did Buddha do any of the works/miracles of God, nor did Buddha rise from the dead.

He was just a fat guy who hated Hindus, said some stuff, died and stayed dead.

This is not an answer. I never said that he *wasn't* God. I'm only asking were in *IN THE BIBLE* does he refer to himself as such? Still waiting.

One of the things you refuse to understand is that the sedar meal is on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the day after the Passover where Jesus was crucified as the Lamb of God.

One among many things you do not understand because, again, YHWH has blinded you due to your hatred of his only begotten Son, Yeshua.

A Jew.

All of those are in the bible.

Do you think the Jews who wanted to murder him for claiming to be God did not understand he was claiming to be God?

I'll give you an excerpt from War and Peace, a Bible Quote, and a quote from another user in this thread. These three things should suffice to get the message across of how Christians want you to consider your issue.

1) I never could understand the fondness some people have for confusing their minds by dwelling
on mystical books that merely awaken their doubts and excite their imagination, giving them a bent for
exaggeration quite contrary to Christian simplicity. Let us rather read the Epistles and Gospels. Let us not
seek to penetrate what mysteries they contain; for how can we, miserable sinners that we are, know the
terrible and holy secrets of Providence while we remain in this flesh which forms an impenetrable veil
between us and the Eternal? Let us rather confine ourselves to studying those sublime rules which our divine
Saviour has left for our guidance here below. Let us try to conform to them and follow them, and let us be
persuaded that the less we let our feeble human minds roam, the better we shall please God, who rejects all
knowledge that does not come from Him; and the less we seek to fathom what He has been pleased to conceal
from us, the sooner will He vouchsafe its revelation to us through His divine Spirit.

2) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

3)

Give me a chapter and a verse. I'll still be waiting. And they were *Hebrews*. "Jew" was what they were called by the Romans.

It's like Fight club

>You say Jesus did not keep the Passover supper.

That's right.

>You keep saying it as though it were true.

It is true.

> You keep saying it as though Jesus and the disciples did not eat a Passover dinner the night he was arrested.

They ate of an offering they weren't present at when it was sacrificed. That's a pretty major no-no.

>Jesus is the promised Jewish Messiah that Moses and the prophets spoke of.

And yet he failed to say, rebuild the lost cities of Zion, or ingather the lost tribes.

>One of the things you refuse to understand is that the sedar meal is on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the day after the Passover where Jesus was crucified as the Lamb of God.

Then why do the Synoptic Gospels themselves identify it as "When the Passover was offered"? It's pretty clearly there.

>One among many things you do not understand because, again, YHWH has blinded you due to your hatred of his only begotten Son, Yeshua.

Ad hominem, Pauline edition. Let me let you in on a little secret. Paul was the guy sent to convert the Gentiles primarily because his grasp of Judaic theology was so weak he'd be laughed out of a room of learned people in his own era. And now, 2000 years later, people like you still fall for it.

Oh wow, Veeky Forums has some high quality bait threads huh?

Why do you need me to look things up for you in the bible?

How lazy are you?

John 8
"I am the light of the world" (8:12).
"I am He who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of me" (8:18).
"You don't know me or my Father" (8:19).
"You are from below, I am from above" (8:23).
"Unless you believe that I am, you shall die in your sins" (8:24).
"The things which I heard from Him [God the Father], these I speak to the world" (8:26).
"I speak these things as the Father taught me" (8:28).
"I always do the things that are pleasing to Him" (8:29).
"I speak the things which I have seen with My Father . . . " (8:38).
" . . . you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God, this Abraham did not do" (8:40).
" . . . I proceeded forth and have come from God . . . " (8:42).
"Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death" (8:51).
"It is my Father who glorifies Me . . . " (8:54).
"Before Abraham was, I am" (8:58).

>Right View: our actions have consequences; death is not the end, and our actions and beliefs have also consequences after death; the Buddha followed and taught a successful path out of this world and the other world (heaven and underworld/hell)[24][25][26][27][note 3] Later on, right view came to explicitly include karma and rebirth, and the importance of the Four Noble Truths, when "insight" became central to Buddhist soteriology.[28][29]

Again, you don't know the difference between Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Two different feasts.

Two different meals.

The Passover that year was the Day of Preparation for the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

You Jews no longer do that for the most part because your tissue of lies is pliable. The Law of Moses is not.

>And yet he failed to say, rebuild the lost cities of Zion, or ingather the lost tribes.

He's still alive.
He's still the messiah.
He will do all things in good order, when they're ready.

And you won't partake in them, because you refused the only means of salvation known to mankind.

Belief in the Jewish Moshiac.

>Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed

Then I seem to be in good company with the Gospel authors. You wouldn't be suggesting they were WRONG, would you?

By that logic, I could just as easily say that Bar Kokhba is the Messiah.

Do you not know Jewish days begin at sundown for some reason?

You might as well be a bar Kokhba nut. It would be a lateral move for you.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

"The last enemy to be destroyed is death."

Exactly, *HIS FATHER*. Were does Jesus himself say that "I am the God of the old testament?"
>"Before Abraham was, I am"

Yeah, exactly. God came befor Abraham. Naturally, you know, being God and all. Still waiting.

>Do you not know Jewish days begin at sundown for some reason?

Yes, I do. That holds for Pesach as well, which is why the opening celebration is to eat the Seder, of which the Korban Pesach takes center stage.

What's your point? You sacrifice the lamb on the afternoon, and that evening (next day in Judaic calendar), you start Passover (unleavened bread) and eat the lamb with your matzah and bitter herbs.

You can find this in Numbers, 9:11.

Kind begets kind.

God begets God.

By calling himself the Son of God, he's saying he is God.

Which is why the Jews found him "guilty" of blasphemy by equating himself with God.

Yes, Jesus was sacrificed on the afternoon of Nisan 14, and buried before sundown.

And rose on First Fruits.

Jesus is the Jewish Messiah.

IN
THE
BIBLE

"Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Yes, it's in the bible.

Jesus claimed to be God, John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33
Jesus is called God, John 1:1, 14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8
Jesus is the image of the invisible God, Heb. 1:3

I'm starting to think maybe you've never heard of this thing the kids call "Google".

Do you note that person will be in the Kingdom of Heaven?

And not outside, weeping, and wailing, and gnashing their teeth?

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."

>Jesus is the image of the invisible God

Yeah, EVERYONE is in his Image. Were. In. The. Bible. Does. Jesus. Claim. To. Be. The. God. Of. The. Old. Testament.

Nothing saying Jesus is God, or divine, means he is literally God the Father.

In fact, most of what he says about God the Father makes no sense if you consider they are exactly the same entity.

>Yes, Jesus was sacrificed on the afternoon of Nisan 14, and buried before sundown.

So you're saying the Synoptic gospels are lying or mistaken about the date? Because Mark, Matthew, and Luke all agree that the last supper happened at the start of the 15th (assuming dinner was more or less at sundown) and the crucifixion was the next morning, since, again, they identify the last supper with the lamb brought earlier that afternoon.

>And rose on First Fruits.

I'm not a Christian, but I'm pretty sure the Christian line is that he was dead for 3 days, not 7 weeks. You are, of course, confusing the Bikkurim with the Omer, which are two different things, if you think that Jesus rose around the time of that.

and apparently the millions who died prior to this went straight to hell lol

To clarify even further. I am *not* denying Jesus's divinity. I am simply asking were he claimed said divinity UPON HIMSELF. Waiting now, and forever.

Yes, sin has consequences even to born again Christians.

What other irrelevant bible points would you like to interject at this time?

>all these fucking Americlaps quoting from the Gospels

Why do you out yourselves as retards so easily?

I posted many. You're missing them because you do not know that YHWH is "I Am That I Am"; that YHWH told Moses to say "I Am" sent him.

Matthew 26
But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!”

Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, “He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy! What do you think?”

They answered and said, “He is deserving of death.”

"He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

"You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."

"When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all."

They are the exact same triune entity.

No, they don't.

Your inability to calculate dates does.

Your ignorance on when the lamb provided for the sacrifice, the time of testing, etc., are also lacking.

Because you're still a Jew.

Ok, but you didn't get that from the bible.

First Fruits is three days after the Passover.

First Fruits
(Reshit Kitzir)

Nisan (Mar./Apr.) 22
Lev. 23:11
For acknowledging the fertility of the land that God gave the Israelites.

No, they didn't.

Good thing you're not in charge, for their sakes.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Yes, yes I did.

Yod, Hey, and Vav are just Hebrew letters. One of the MANNY names of the most high invisible God. Where does Jesus himself claim to be the God of the old Testament? You're really bad at this. Don't blame yourself though. Also to clarify, again, I AM NOT DENYING JESUS'S DIVINITY.

Of course the blind are blind. When does Jesus call himself God?

You forget >didn't kill himself truely. Cuz has bloodthatmakesflydomitianceasarsmagic. Cuz is merlin. Then is alf. Then is barberella. Then is elvira.

Christianity... KKKCthulufans find it retarded.

>He think the Jewble means anything
Oh to be mentally retarded....

kek

"The Hebrew name for God is just some letters."

Read this out loud, because so far it slipped past you.

"Before Abraham was, I AM."

When he restored the sight to the blind, among other times.

Jesus claimed to be God, John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33

"One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind."

Exactly. Christian liberty is liberty indeed. And those whom the Son has set free, are free indeed.

"then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind."

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

Eternally waiting.

I agree, most outsiders can see this clearly, but denial is a powerful thing and core to the Christian belief. It's amazing they still deny it even when you consider how many Christians view saints, the virgin Mary, etc. as demi-gods.

I guess "Father, why have you forsaken me?" is actually read as "Me, why have you forsaken me?" I guess a trinity only has one side.

They don't believe in the divinity of Jesus so can't be considered Christian.

that's what I was just told

DING DING DING. They also outright ignored the word, including the word of Jesus himself, and created a headcannon idependent of the sacred texts. Now THATS what I call blasphemy.

"Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body."

Already in this thread, above. You'll be endlessly waiting until you die. Then you'll wonder why you agreed to be in an open rebellion against the Almighty.

You misspelled "Catholics".

It's what happened when the Son, who knew no sin, became sin so that we could live. The Spirit fled him, and the Father turned his back so as not to behold him. The earth quaked and the sun went dark. And the centurion on duty knew that they had crucified the Son of God.

When Jesus rose from the dead and went to heaven, he was seated at the right hand of God; he was placed over everything but the Father.

And again, if you cannot understand, comprehend or even apprehend the Trinity, you will still be just as clueless trying to think it through as you were before.

Their cult says Jesus was just a prophet, just the Jewish messiah. Many cults say that their own leader is actually god. In Islam, for instance, satan is worshiped as allah.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Start wondering where lies about God come from.