Berbers

Are berbers black or white/arabic???

The one on the right isn't an ethnic Berber. It's kind of irrelevant though, since the black-skinned more southern Sahara nomadic groups have basically the same life- style, and some do speak languages in the Berber family

barbers are black

Physically theyre more similar to Arabs than what we usually think of as white, but Arabs are Caucasoid anyways. They're not black, although many black Sahara groups live pretty damn similarly. Culturally I guess they're pretty similar to some Arab groups, but linguistically they're not even in the same Semetic language family. (Though many/most Berber people also speak Arabic.)

You got me. I kek'd.

Berbers range from black (tuaregs and some smaller groups near Senegal) to "white" (Riff/Atlas/Kabyle/Aures)
t. brown berber

Gotta say the amount of threads about us on Veeky Forums is extremly suspicious

But different races can't be part of the same ethnic group

Be happy. A bunch of nerds on Veeky Forums are interested in what to classify you as before the coming race wars.

Okay I guess we can classify the different "races" as northern berber and southern

True

Yes.

they're berbers.
why does their skin color even matter to some random guy on a mali gold-etching workshop?

Berbers are dark-skinned caucasians. But some blacks have become berber from intermarriage and the slave trade.
Berber is a family of langauges spoken by a multiple different ethnicities (like Tuaregs, Riffians, and so on).

Also, I can see why the Neo-Tifinagh alphabet is having a hard time catching on, but it does look metal as fuck, because that’s apparently what happens when you reconstruct a dead alphabet based on a few ancient carvings.

Upper classes are Berber. Caucasians, what you call "Arabic".

Lower classes like artisans, descendants of freed slaves, descendants of slaves (who are totally not still slaves, guys, we promise), are either mixed or not ethnic berbers, just regular Africans. Though that applies probably only to Tuaregs and Bidhan/Sahrawis, but I'm not familiar with more northern berbers.

That's like saying are Greeks White or Latin?

Makes no fucking sense

>equating berbers with arabs
I mean, sure, the berbers were arabized after the islamic conquest, but there is a distinct berber identity, isn't there? Or do berbers also consider themselves arab at the same time. I assume in the coastal areas where arabs were influential the two identities are mutually inclusive.

All of my information is second hand, so take it with a grain of salt. My fiancee's dad is an Algerian Berber, and he flip flops on whether he calls himself Berber or Arab. He's super pale, but you can tell he's not European. I've also had some North African Arabic teachers and they also flip flopped on whether they called themselves Berber or Arab

They're berbers

as far as I know in the Maghreb you have
Arabised Berber
"Pure" Arab, Banu Hilal and Banu Sulym who are the majority in Libya
"Pure" Berber such as Kabyle and Riffs
and Arabised Turks and European Slaves

>both truckdrivers in Germany and France were from Tunisia
>Belgium bombers were from Morocco
>Paris shooters were from Morocco
>Hebdo shooters were from Algiers
>the entire Arab spring meme started in Tunisia
Why are Berbers so prone to violence and give the peaceful religion of islam such a bad name?

>Arabs are superficially Caucasoid anyways
ftfy

caucasoid is the most flexible and convenient phenotypical grouping that is extended to include superficial "caucasoids" (that actually belong to other races)

mixed groups such as north africans, middle easterners, indians, hispanics (mestizos), amerindians, ainus, east africans, central asian turkics, have all been labelled caucasoid due to weak superficial similarities.

it is ignorant and supremacist to favor the caucasoid grouping over non-caucasoid when labelling mixed groups

truth is:
north africans are a mix of west africans, east africans, mediterraneans and arabs

middle easterners are a mix of west africans, east africans, mediterraneans, iranians and indians

hispanics (mestizos) are a mix of africans, amerindians, europeans, arabs

indians are a mix of native veddoids, elamites, arabs, mongoloids, iranians

central asians are a mix of mongoloids, iranians, indians

caucasoid is misapplied as the default race for anyone that exhibits superficial traits as: straight hair, non-snub nose, non-everted lips, round eyes

fact is caucasoid grouping is abused, misused and misapplied

I love Berbers, I find them fascinating. They're underrated as fuck.

All those little post-Roman kingdoms that existed and fought against Byzantium and the Arabs were great.

They are north africans. Their skin colour ranges from fairly pale to fairly dark

Yea that's why North Africa is peaceful while the middle east is a shit show
Just wait a few years and see the kind of shit the syrians and Iraqis are going to di and are already doing

Celts. Do think those ginger freaks up North are in anyway related to Southern Brits?

>white/arabic???
Arabs aren't white.

>against Byzantium

You mean alongside you pc bluepilled cuck

>What is Libya