Why are Afro-Asiatic and Indo-European cultures so similar?

Why are Afro-Asiatic and Indo-European cultures so similar?

>polytheistic pantheons centered around a sky god
>cattle worship
>heavy use of dairy products
>similar social values

This is a huge range of land spanning Africa to past India, and the similarities start dropping as soon as you enter another linguistic group's territory. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

dienekes.blogspot.ie/2014/03/major-new-article-on-deep-origins-of-y.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroasiatic_Urheimat#Evidence_from_population_genetics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)#Origins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they both spring from the same soil (Sumer).

Neither of them came from Sumer.

Retard.

I guess cattle and rain were important, so the religion centered around the divinites that provided those.

Non arguments

Because we come from the same source.

Wrong.

Indo-Europeans came from Eastern Europe.

Afro-Asiatics came from Northeast Africa.

>Polytheistic

So was nearly fucking everyone at the time, big surprise

>Cattle worship.
Ancient people tended to attach religious significance to their main food source.

>Dairy
To be bloody well expected considering the cattle worship.

>Sky god
Cattle herding people tend to live inland on grasslands that are frequently flat plains, I'd expect them to worship a sky god and/or thunder god, as opposed to a sea god or a volcano god.

Then why did the Maya and Aztecs and Inca Mesoamericans worship rain so much? it hardly rains in Mexico and Central America.

Somehow I don't believe that

Because they're all Caucasian.

There's non Indo-European and Afro-Asiatic Caucasians

2/10

Pretty sure some of that is theorized to be common proto Indo-european cultural ancestry.

The sky god is probably dyeus pater being remixed across cultures a la Zeus, Odin/thor, Tengri, etc.

>it hardly rains in the rainforest
fucks sake i bet the only reason you even know the mayas is because of the forgotten pyramids in the middle of the jungle
use your brain idiot

Eurasians pastoral people migrated into Africa in the neolithic, the climate in North Africa was suitable to steppe nomad lifestyles.

How cultures form:
>what you have around you
>put it together
>...
>culture

this

Where the hell did Afro-Asiatic come from anyway? I keep hearing Sudan but that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Chariots go really fast.

Why not?

The spread of agriculture, specifically cattle, implies that people moved from the Middle East into Africa around the time Afroasiatic is supposed to have spread, and this is supported by genetic evidence. There's no evidence for a migration out of Sudan or Southeast Ethiopia across the Middle East and North/West Africa at the time.

The whole theory seems to be based on the idea that a language family must have originated where the most diversity in that language family is found. But that only works if you pretend the language family exists in a vacuum, completely ignoring the effects of history which might have wiped out countless languages in some areas while leaving them preserved in others. That's what I think is happening here; there's less language diversity in the Middle East because it's been the home of vast civilizations and seen countless migrations since ancient times which would assimilate and wipe out smaller languages, while places like Southeast Ethiopia were historically tribal and isolated, so language would remained diverse there.

Eurasians migrated into Africa in the Neolithic, R1B V88 is tightly coupled to the Chadic branch of the language.

East Africans are like Mexicans, most Mexicans have European lineage on their Paternal side. The same occurred in East Africa.

cont-

>Lake Megachad

Indo-European Dyeus Pater IS the origin of Zeus, Tyr, and all those other IE chief sky gods.

>Indo-Europeans came from Eastern Europe.

Than why the Indo? Obviously because they came from Indus to Europe, ya dunce.

>Eupedia

>look I posted some maps, that means you're wrong.

> dienekes.blogspot.ie/2014/03/major-new-article-on-deep-origins-of-y.html

>because it's popular it's bad
You stupid faggot IEs are associated with Yamnya, and that's in eastern Europe. It's called Indo-European because it spread from India to Europe.

>There's no evidence for a migration out of Sudan or Southeast Ethiopia across the Middle East and North/West Africa at the time.
Haplogroup E1b1b?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroasiatic_Urheimat#Evidence_from_population_genetics

>called Indo-European because it spread from India to Europe

holy shit you are deluded

literally Sanskrit btfo you desu

Who's largely on both sides of the coin? J, R1B, T, G, and other E.

It's Afro-Asiatic, not Afro-Afro.

>It's called Indo-European because it spread from India to Europe.

That was my point. I just get the feeling there's always some stormweenies pushing some Eurocentric origin of IE peoples.

>Eurocentric origin of IE peoples

they clearly originate from Central Asia.

The name is based on the present distribution of the languages.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)#Origins
This seems to be much older than the period we're talking about, far older than it's realistic to expect a major language family to spread. Large language families only spread in agricultural or pastoral societies, hunter-gatherers like Australians have much more a patchwork of small language families and isolates. This haplogroup seems to predate agriculture by over ten thousand years though.

>Large language families only spread in agricultural or pastoral societies, hunter-gatherers like Australians have much more a patchwork of small language families and isolates
I don't think that's true. Afroasiatic languages are lacking in shared agricultural vocabulary. Uralic is another widespread language family without inherited agricultural vocabulary.

>Celtic doesn't extend into the British Isles

I assumed it did.

damn, you are retarded.

The gif stops at around 500 BC.

mmmm wow

English failed me.
When I mean "spread to India to Europe" I mean, from one location, to both of those. Not starting from India to then Europe.

IEs began in eastern Europe. Ethnically and culturally, Sri Lanka has just as much claim to the PIEs as Iceland.
They were European geographically, but all IEs are just as IE.

The early most sedentary plant cultivators in the middle east have clear associations with Northeast Africans. There were large and small cross migrations from Northeast Africa and Southwest Asia.

I'd also say cattle are forms of wealth and power, as such their prestige would be recognized by all who had access to them.

So cross pollination and cultural convergence

cuz its st0p;id nnewgirsss

Did East Asians worship bulls?

No one worships bulls except /pol/

how can the temple prostitutes even resist the bull