>1800s: Napoleon Bonaparte
>1900s: Adolf Hitler
>2000s:

It's between Trump and Putin.

>no Asians
>no Africans
>no women

pepe

For now Putin takes the cake. We live in a world where leftists are pointing finger at Russia and Republicans are talking about how we should avoid war with them. Such bizarre change in geopolitics has a name.

>genghis khan

there are 983 years before another millenium, don't you think is a little shallow to put someone from our shitty 17 years?

>No asians
>Jesus, Muhammad, Genghis Khan, Osman I
??

>should avoid war with
>pointing fingers at

I believe you meant to say "defending" and "rightfully calling for investigations"

>>no Africans
>Jesus

>2000s
probably putin or barack obama

s:

Jesus again.

Your change of my words just makes him sound even more impactful.

With the fuck is Urban in the 1100s when the big thing was the crusades which were in the end-1000s?

Wait, fuck
>I might live to see the Crusades turning 1000
Fuck, that is why everyone is getting ready for it. Shouldn't be too hard to live past 100 by end century too, so I might not miss it.

>barack obama
This is bait.

Hasn't Osama bin Laden had the most impact on the world so far?

The 9/11 attacks, though not extremely terrible, caused world change that is still felt today.

My thoughts:

>1000s
Should be Gregory VII, one of the best popes in history and the man responsible for the slow death of the HRE. He protected papal rights and his expansion of the powers of the papacy probably contributed to the reformation.

>1400s
This is tough. I would advise you to take a look at Ming Hongwu as a very important person of this century.
>1700s
I don't think it's George Washington. America was not even close to being geopolitically important. Frederick the Great or Peter the Great may be better picks

>1900s
It really is Stalin.

>600s Muhammad
>Not Heraclitus

Fuck off back to the history channel

>Heraclitus
>A literally who Byzantine is more important than the greatest enemy the West ever had

>I don't think it's George Washington. America was not even close to being geopolitically important

It might not be initially, but it will be. I think set ups count. Jesus wasn't initially very important in the 000s.

Though I don't know if George W counts as a stand in for the north American continent going rogue from europe alone. Can't think of who you could put in his place however.

The real fulcrum of the 1700s and 1800s was industrialism though. That's what made America matter compared to say Brazil or Raj India. I don't know who counts as the face of the start of the industrial revolution. Thomas Savery apparently is credited with the first commercial steam engine. Maybe some banker that made mechanical looms i.e. proto factories a practical reality.

>000s: Octavian
>100s: Trajan
>200s: Emperor Wu of Jin
>300s: Constantine
>400s: Flavius Aecius
>500s: Justinian I
>600s: Muhammad
>700s: Charlemagne
>800s: Emperor Xuānzong of Tang
>900s: Otto the Great
>1000s: William the Conqueror
>1100s: Urban II
>1200s: Genghis Khan
>1300s: Osman I
>1400s: Christopher Columbus
>1500s: Martin Luther
>1600s: Louis XIV
>1700s: Adam Smith
>1800s: Queen Victoria / Karl Marx
>1900s: Stalin
>2000s: Osama Bin Laden

Fixed your shit.

Heraclius saved rome from the brink of total destruction.

The fire worshipers were besieging Constantinople, and the heart of Christianity was on the verge of being ripped out when his (heraclean) efforts turned the tide and brought the war into Persia. His destruction of all the most sacred places of Zoroastrianism during the reprisals was fatally demoralizing, and cleared the soil for islam to gain a foothold in Persia a few years later.

I'm not sure if he is more important globally than mohammed but calling him a literally who is wrong.

do
>100's BC: Juilus Caesar
>200's BC: Hannibal Barca
>300's BC: Qin Shi Huang (Maybe Gaozu / Liu Bang)
>400's BC: (Bunch of fucking people) Aristotle
>500's BC: Confucius
>600's BC: Lucius Julius Brutus
>700's BC: Ashurbanipal (or Nebuchadnezzar II)
>time skip someone else do this
>1200's BC: Moses (Like anything else but collapse was happening)
>1300's BC: Ramses II
>1800's BC: Hammurabi
>2400's BC: Sargon of Akkad
>2700's BC: Gilgamesh (Here's to hoping he's real)
Past that, I don't feel like doing anything more
Also, I would change 1800's to Otto Von Bismarck

Bin laden was just a boogeyman for America though

>200s: Mani
>400s: Attila
>700s: Harun Rashid
>1000s: Basil II or Avicena
>1100s: Averroes
>1200s: Marco Polo or Thomas Aquinas
>1400s: Henry the Navigator
>1500s: Charles V, Elizabeth I, Leonardo da Vinci or Galileo
>1600s: Isaac Newton or Descartes
>1700s: Voltaire or Rousseau
>1800s: Bismarck or Napoleon
>1900s: Lenin or Mao (in future evaluations, it might as well be Bill Gates)
>2000s: Right now it's Bin Laden, but it could be Trump or Putin, but it's highly likely it will be some tech nerd, Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, Page/Brin

Good point. We should also consider liberal political and economic philosophers such as Locke and Smith, as they set up the industrial revolution, capitalism, and private ownership

>not even 20 years into the century
>duuuhhh whos da most important

>000s: Paul
ftfy

>SJW brigade

Realistically, 2000's would probably be Steve Jobs or some other person that made great technology or created a new product.

WE

>Karl Marx
Napoleon help spread rights across the continent making the ground fertile for Marxism. Without Napoleon to challenge the old world and almost succeed Marxism would had been a meme like libertarian

>century

>19th century
>not Napoleon
>not Bismarck
>not Darwin
>not Lincoln
>fucking MARX
Gas yourself immidiately.

Jesus was Caucasian

From Asia.

Jesus wasn't important during his time.

>400s Teodoric the Great
>700s Charles Martel
>1000s Urban II
>1100s Saladin
>1600s Isaac Newton
>1700s Diderot & D'alembert
>1800s Either Marx or T. Jefferson
>1900s Stalin

So by >importance you don't mean >necessary. What do you mean? Influential

It's all about attacking the other guy's poster boy. nobody means anything they say anymore

underrated

>200s, sima yan
Jesus man, really? Granted he's probably fucked more women than ghengis khan but like holy shit how was he the most important person of the century?

Oh, I read the rest of your post, I didn't realize this was bait.

Also

>1400s Henry the Navigator
>1500s The magnificent 3; Leonardo, Raphael and Michealangelo

>2000s Erdogan

OP is pretty spot on, but someone needs to post a better one for 1100's, Urban II died in 1099

>1700s: George Washington
lol no

He was just some random NEET who was picked by the patriots to be their leader because he had so little interest in leading. He wasn't even a good general or a good politician.

The most important person for American independence is probably Lafayette, but for the whole 18th century I'd say Rousseau.

>000s: Jesus

Jesus wasn't important, OP. The only people who gave a shit about him were in a Jewish splinter sect.

>Jesus wasn't important

Maybe it is just modern bias but getting past half way through the 19th century its more viable to look at influential people per decade or at least every fifty years.

The changes that happened over that time were so quick that many people could be considered influential for perhaps the first half of the century, and absolutely irrelevant for the last half

where is caesar fuck boi

>No Alexander

>anyone more important than napoleon in the 19th
no

Jesus was important sure, but not in the first century. He is from the First century and start to become very important in the third and fourth.

But I'd probably put Augustus as a more influential person in the first century.

It's we, people

>Christopher Columbus
>not Vasco da Gama
>the guy who looked for India and stumbled on some shitty islands instead of the guy who actually got to India
You guys should really stopped drinking the Columbus koolaid, the guy wasn't nearly as important as you think. In fact, if it weren't for americans keeping this meme alive he would be just another navigator among dozens from the discovery age

Now I know you're joking. The guy who funded a country that wouldn't be relevant in the world stage for 150 years and probably won't be again in another century. Of all the people in the 1700s? Fucking please, leave your patriotism at the door before talking History

>Vasco de Gama
>Not Amerigo Vespucci

>1600s
>not Sabbatai Zevi
kys

>Middle east is africa/asia meme

Continents are fucking retarded

In history? Fuck no. past 70 years or so? Arguably.

Does it depress anybody else that we'll never be able to make lists like these for the Americas?

How cool would it have been to have an entirely seperate isolated set of history for them? We sort of already have it up till their equivalent of the Roman empire but then the spainish came along and fucked it all up

>1800s
>Napoleon

It should really be [influential figure of my country or sphere of influence] instead!

Not really, North America was literally stone-age tribes until they were colonised.

I agree with most of the list, up until the end, then it gets more ambiguous.

18th Century, I could see why you chose George Washington, as while he didn't actually do much as a person, his role in the creation of the United States was what ultimately put him on the history books, even if he was a fairly mediocre general and an uneventful politician. Someone else suggested Adam Smith taking his place, which would make sense, but I'm not sure.

For the 19th Century's most important historical figure, I'd see why Napoleon is listed. However, I could also make the same case for Queen Victoria being just as important globally (and I'm American, not British).

20th Century, again Hitler is a good case, but so would Stalin. Nixon and Reagan also have a shot at this spot in terms of influence on the economics of the Western World due to their role in the creation of modern hyper-capitalism.

21st Century is way too early to tell, but I'd say either Osama Bin Laden, Vladimir Putin, or oddly enough, Donald Trump (inb4 /pol/).

Not because Trump is a great leader (he's clearly incompetent and hasn't even taken office yet), but his brand of populism is causing a radical shift and massive polarization within in the United States, sort of what Constantine's populist policies and Christian-pandering did to the Roman Empire, unifying the government, but diving the populace.

Trump is like a mix between Constantine and Silvio Berlusconi.

Addendum to this post

Someone said that Augustus Caesar should be listed as the most important figure of the First Century. I can see the logic, but I'd still go with Jesus simply because Christianity is still a major force in the modern world to this day. Augustus would probably be a very close second though.

>1400s: Mehmet II

ftfy

More like changed the US.

Trump wasn't relevant in the noughties. I'd say Bush or Bin laden

Why are there so many votes for osama?

I'd at least add Charles V next to Martin Luther

Whoever launches first the next nuclear missile.
Probably Kim Jong Un

>1100s: Saladin
>1300s: Tamerlane
>1400s: Mehmet II or Pope Alexander VI
>1500s: Oda Nobunaga, Elizabeth I or Shakespeare
>1600s: Newton, Tokugawa Ieyasu or John III Sobieski
>1700s: Frederick II or Robespierre

Sure, but Mesoameirca and south America was a different story.

>God is not important.

kek

Eternity past - Jesus
4000 BC - Jesus
3000 BC - Jesus
2000 BC - Jesus
1000 BC - Jesus
0006 BC - Jesus
1000 AD - Jesus
2000 AD - Jesus
3000 AD - Jesus
Eternity forward - Jesus

s: Attila

Finally. This.

Also, even the north americans did have some administratively complex goverment systems and in a few cases, proper cities.

Obviously, none of these are really on par with stuff at the time in Europe, asia, or meso/south america, but it shows that if given time and the circumstances to warrent it, they could have developed further.

Prior to a lot of these mound cities they actually did make stone ones, and a lot of them went back to being smaller agarian/nomadic tribes after building them, for whatever reason it seems that they didn't have an incentive to devolvp traditional cities despite the capacity.

>No Asians
Wrong, wrong and wrong again.
>No Africans
>No Women
What part of "most important" don't you understand?

>400s: Alaric
Honorius was far more impactful than Alaric. His stupidity not only let Alaric sack Rome, but then got F. Stilicho executed, even though he was the one man able to beat the barbarians. Honorius was the first emperor since Aurelian to abandon Roman territory, and it was under his reign that Barbarians crossed the Rhine and fucked everything over while he sat in his castle caring for chickens because Theodosius was a fuckwit and didn't adopt a general because he would rather have a ten-year old rule the Western Roman Empire.

Flavius Aetius was more important than both.
He saved Christianity from disappearing in Western Europe.

s: George Washington
cringed

1900 most important it is not nikola tesla.

>ctrl-f Oppenheimer
>no results
nice meme warlords and meme politicians who are only remembered because they were the subject of lots of propaganda. The only warlords I'd put on the list are ones who forged their own empires entirely out of their own will, rather than due to some inevitability in the political climate. World war 2 was going to happen the moment the treaty of Versailles was signed, Hitler wasn't a necessity. You can find fiery demagogues. Stalins madness setting the tone for how the soviet union would operate had a much bigger impact. But those who developed nuclear weapons and rocket technology had a much larger impact on the geopolitical landscape we see today.

s: Jesus
s: Trajan
s: Diocletian
s: Constantine
s: Alaric
only afflicted rome.

>most of them are conquerors
History was a mistake.

Probably not, considering they lacked beasts of burden and the population density in NA was so low.

But Middle East is Asia you fucking retard. Let me guess you're a retarded Yank who thinks only yellows can be Asians?

>"Trajan was ambitious of fame; and as long as mankind shall continue to bestow more liberal applause on their destroyers than on their benefactors, the thirst of military glory will ever be the vice of the most exalted characters."

Don't we still got 83 years to go? Why the rush να πούμε?

Well that really tells you something about the Africans and women huh bud?

>No useless races
>REEEEEEE
Go away cuck.

Well untill now, I can actually agree.
Pepe is a great symbol for the internet's influence on the media and modern world. But also is an image that represents the fake news, where people say it is "a nazi symbol".

This.

2000s is/will be President Trump no doubt

lmao seppos pls go

For the 21st century its probably Bush, Putin or bin Laden

We're less than 20 years into the century. We can't really say who the most important person was until its over.