Quantum computing will be the death of cryptocurrency as we know it. Discuss

Quantum computing will be the death of cryptocurrency as we know it. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

theqrl.org/presale/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

theqrl.org/presale/

it could be the death of anything

Technology will kill everything. No need to discuss

Okay son

quantum cryptography exists

nah. its the crypto version of Y2K. Educate yourself on how quantum computing works and its actual range of application and you'll be excited, not scared.

>Group A begins to use quantum computing
>Group B falls behind, begins to compete with group A by getting more quantum computers
>Group A starts to pick up, meanwhile group C starts considering getting its own quantum computers but decides to wait for the market to come up with cheaper copy cat versions.

The market will adapt and fix itself.

Quantum resistant since 2014 actually OP other companies will have to adjust, but becoming quantum resistant
( depending on how the crypto is designed )
isn't a problem

Quantum computers barely affect symmetric cryptography. Merely doubling the key size is enough.
Public-key cryptography like RSA and EC is affected, but there are many secure replacements in the works
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography

So basically just double the size of hashes, and replace EC with a new asymmetrical algorithm. Done.

Lots of scaremongering.

Read again what quantum computer does and why it will not affect crypto in any way

I agree

Quantum computer is the death of humanity.

why?

Quantum computers are no where close to being as strong as to break crypto. My computer can stimulate a stronger quantum computer than one exists.

Another thread on Veeky Forums which confirms that most people here have no idea what the technology behind their coins are.

This btw.

I am only speculating as to what may happen if quantum computing becomes powerful enough to break into wallets, which could completely destroy the markets. Could you elaborate further on why this is not the case?

Quantum computing won't change anything as far as cryptography goes. If anything it will make it stronger.

Not you OP. I meant the anons who have no idea what quantum computers have to do with cryptocurrencies.

Dumbest thing Ive read all day. You literally have no idea what a quantum computer is.

You were told here:
That quantum computing resistant algos already exist, what else do you need to convince you it won't affect cryptocurrencies except a fork to change the algorithms?

Quantum coins

thank you, this answers my question