Isn't it LITERALLY impossible to lose money with crypto...

Isn't it LITERALLY impossible to lose money with crypto? There will always be a point when the price is higher than when you bought it.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/historical/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for now, this could change in an instant though.

You mean the entire market just crashes? Is that the only risk when it comes to cryptocurrency?

A few months ago I would have pointed to DOGE, then it decided to hit an ATH for no discernible reason. So fuck it, just throw a dart at a board at this point.

Nobody is going to take a coin with a name like that seriously thats the problem

yes pretty much

A bunch of coins I bought in 2016 got delisted.

That is money lost in crypto.

There are also coins that plummet in price and never return.

You just unknowingly described a bubble.

The dotcom bubble happened, people couldn't lose because more money kept pouring in and driving their stock price higher and higher.

When the businesses failed to deliver then everyone pulled out and the bubble burst, everyone go home to your huts.

Moon coin, for example, will never, EVER, be back to where it was before. Those who bought in have, indeed, lost their money.

Pretty much but the entire market wouldn't have to crash. There's the risk that your specific crypto has bad code, bad devs, fraudulent devs, fatal vulnerability, etc.

No one investing in Enron thought they would ever in a million years have been doing the sort of shady shit they were doing.

They've lost their bitcoin. If they convert it into bitcoin and just wait, they'll recover the USD they lost.

> On May 2, 2017, the following will be delisted: BBR, BITS, C2, CURE, HZ, IOC, MYR, NOBL, NSR, QBK, QORA, QTL, RBY, SDC, UNITY, VOX, XMG

Look at the charts for any of these coins. If you had money in most of these it's gone forever.

That doesnt exist in the Veeky Forums fantasy land of crypto experts who didn't know anything other than BTC existed until a couple months ago, where you the HODL and the price always goes up and it's impossible to lose

Prepare for no one else to even reply to your post because these idiots sinply filter put any fact that doesn't coincide with their HODL opinions

Damn that sucks, is there a chance of this happening to the really popular coins, let's say the top 10 most valuable atm?

> Surely pets.com stock will only ever go up in the long run.
Tell me you people don't think like this...

I don't think like this, I am just new to the whole thing, that's why I made the thread a question and not a statement

The answers you're getting would be the same in any bubble ever. Tulips always go up. Dotcom stocks. Real estate. Etc. Etc. Etc

Take a look and see for yourself.
coinmarketcap.com/historical/

When was the last time you saw someone so much as mention Freicoin or CHNcoin?

Alright thanks for the information, I'll keep this in mind when investing

>coins are stocks
Fuck off

I mean, some could fade into obscurity but I doubt any exchange would delist a coin in the top 10 out of the blue. Most of those coins got delisted because there were dead.

>coins and stocks are traded so differently that any comparisons between their valuation would be stupid

wtf am I reading? you can't honestly believe this.

yeah but say you believe in the holding philosophy and you believed those coins would go up again at one point, you would be fucked

You should've been here 1 year ago. Literally half the coins showed drops.

>Invested into ICO just before it got delisted
>STILL made money
Even then, it's hard to lose

currency trades are extremely volitile, especially ones that don't have physical form. I have no doubt that it may replace normal money someday, but until then all the copycats have the danger of being lost.

Each person here voting for their coin choices, want theirs to succeed so they can become rich but deep down, they know that their coin may not survive. They look to major company support and a government that will support it as a legitimate currency.