How to appreciate life? how to consider life a positive thing? enjoy being alive...

how to appreciate life? how to consider life a positive thing? enjoy being alive? is there a philosophical teaching or something that gives any hints?

or more accurately how does one accomplish not hating life?

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/069f/e6a101a63b3836f990ea954c4775501d232a.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2636191/
nihrecord.nih.gov/newsletters/2008/07_25_2008/story1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By being

how does that help? starts up the metabolism or something?

>yfw you realize the Chinese are recreating this fucked up experiment somewhere in a massive underground bunker complex but with humans

Just take life as it is. If you want to enjoy life for something else or for an identity that is separate from it then you'll always end up unsatisfied. Otherwise, there's the door; there's no shame on being dead matter. If you don't think it's worth it, just go.

maybe they arent doing it in a underground bunker

Yes. For one thing, physical activity promotes the regular release of endorphins, which help improve and regulate one's mood. Second, mastery of one's body leads to inherent confidence, which positively affects all activity, both social and personal. Third, it's fun if you do it right.

dosent realy work like that, suicide happens when some critical functions fail, you cant just 'take the exit' the organism dosent work that way

but i do a fuckton of physical activity on a daily basis and it only makes me tired and agressive

>it's fun if you do it right.

the lesson from the experiment: have personal space.

actualy thats a common misconception

the problem wasnt that there was to little space, even tho that was literaly the control factor, the problem was that they ran out of 'places' in things like social hierarchy and organisation, they stopped performing roles and learning adequate, socialy adapted behavior

If you are secular then you accept the fact that there is no inherent reason for us to exist

It can be shocking at first and thats why many people refuse to accept it (and why they want to be religious, because it gives their live meaning), because it scares them to accept that their life as no real meaning, that they are not here to fulfill some type of plan or that they arent part of something bigger.

But if you are brave enough to accept it you can just suicide since there is no objective goal/meaning in life or you can just use your life to pursue virtue, happiness, or whatever the fuck you want to do.

>t. Philosophy PhD

that makes abstract logical sense but the body dosent function that way

interesting.
not being able to split to 2 groups was still a space issue as far as i understand.
also, iirc only 1 of 4 groups went extinct.

>taking calhoun's 60s experiments as gospel
>not realizing behavioral science has long moved on
>not realizing that mice are not primates and primates have specific adaptations to group living even when faced with increased population densities

I'm sick of malthusian faggots shilling Calhoun to the neglect of fifty years worth of research.

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/069f/e6a101a63b3836f990ea954c4775501d232a.pdf

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2636191/

nihrecord.nih.gov/newsletters/2008/07_25_2008/story1.htm

Yes I know we are biologically designed to survive even if you have the shittiest life ever, I myself considered suicide many times but my biological instincts keep me from doing it (AKA no balls) so I just accept that Im going do die whenever nature or society kills me and try to get the "most" out of life (you can define most as you want, for me is trying to become as virtuous and happy as I can)

because, as calhoun himself pointed out, the problem wasnt density, not as such

>but but but

but its true, you cant 'just kill yourself' it dosent work that way

How do you know? Have you tried?

yes

You should just go get a doctor then. Veeky Forums can't help you.

i thought people like nietzsche had things to say about such stuff

Nietzsche died of brain cancer. Philosophy won't cure a broken arm. Go to a doctor, then think about what to do with your life. And in the end Nietzsche won't present you with much than more my posts when it comes to choosing life. I'm sorry, but there're no magic recipes.