Bought a condo. looking to flip it. here is it. comments contain pics, please hit me with upgrades...

bought a condo. looking to flip it. here is it. comments contain pics, please hit me with upgrades. location is SoCal 1 mile from the beach.

you should check your market status on zillow lol my house went up majory and my neighbors house is still at the same price.

zillow is garbage for "Zestimates" also zillow is never up to date with actual MLS listings. always out of date.

What's better?

OP I know Socal real estate very well. Are you in LA county or San Diego? I can give you some great advice on how to flip a condo (hint, spend the most on the kitchen)

Get rid of the tube and tile that shit out and put a glass door in.

Replace any appliances that could be updated. Any of them.

Add molding to the ceiling and/or floor if there isn't already.

Put a nicer, more expensive shower handle on there.

new stain maybe darker on the cabinets. nicer counter tops maybe?

You are in way over your head, Bart

darker carpet that has some color texture to it. it wont look dirty as quickly

At least he got some nice numbers.

not reading other peoples shit so sorry if some of this is already said.

FIRST, make the kitchen look modern. people will spend a LOT of a shitty house because the kitchen looks nice.

then spend a bit on bathroom sinks. Its pretty cheap to get a whole new bathroom setup and it makes things look high-end.

those blinds break so easily. make sure you have a bunch of matching ones as back ups.

Stain cabinets darker
Replace kitchen counter and flooring with faux marble
Replace all faucet heads with nicer hardware
Replace carpet with hardwood if within budget

What city. I'm a commercial real estate broker in San Diego but I dabble in residential. Live in Pacific Beach by the way, too

Call a real estate agent. They'll give you an accurate market analysis for free just for the chance to list it.

>Replace carpet with hardwood if within budget
sometimes those pseudo hardwood tile things look good too. they're much harder to fuck up.

>bought a condo.

Good luck with that

(OP)
>Replace any appliances that could be updated. Any of them.

fuck it, why not all? They work fine but hey, new appliances. +$5000 to price

>Add molding to the ceiling and/or floor if there isn't already.

What kind of place you think America is? I've literally never been in a place that didn't have moldings.

>Put a nicer, more expensive shower handle on there.

+$1000

Yeah, this is the life in America. Buy a complete piece of shit, flip it for the next idiot.

What sort of price range are you talking about with this thing?

If it's meant to be a nicer end place then a big thing can be the windows. You can get some wooden Venetian blinds and it can make a fucking huge difference to how the place looks to prospective buyers.

Getting rid of the plastic looking countertops can also be a good move.

Could also be a decent idea to get decent handles on on the doors in the kitchen. That looks fucking weird that there are no handles on anything.

Also get rid of that plastic hanger thing in the bathroom, get a metal one.

having a realtor who will give you an accurate market comparison. Especially if its an aunt. or uncle.

san diego area. Oside specifically.

stainless steel worth it if I'm planning on renting it out?

they are pretty nice, yours are decent too!
oceanside
def looking to make some money off idiots.
paid $365k

Yikes, that's not a great area. You can make a profit but won't be nearly as easy as prime SD or LA.

You looking to exchange into something bigger to avoid taxes? Ever consider multifamily?

Also change fridge doors and sink to something shiny, looks more expensive

O'side isn't that bad to be honest. It's the only place with any activity so investors are gobbling it up and making it nicer.

You can't go wrong with stainless steel/black tile combo in kitchen/bathroom

East side of the 5 is still pretty good though

Rough* not good

looking into getting some property in the gaslamp rental or flip. not real picky just something for cash flow.
Also possibly LA no idea about the area though.

thats a possibility in the future.
Not really schooled up on that though.
I used a VA loan to get this place so it needed to be my main residence.

yea, that's where I am just off mission on the east side of the 5. hopefully they'll develop across the street and increase home values. not too far east though. im south of the 76.

I'm going to bed, but OP, if you're looking for an opinion of value from an agent, I know a bunch of pro North county residential guys. I sell apartment buildings but I could definitely send a decent agent your way. Here's my middleschool email ('cause it's Veeky Forums): [email protected]
I could also help you find an upleg if you're into multifamily.

Nice. I'm a Navy vet. VA loan is the shit. Honestly, a lot of people buy investment property with the VA as their "main residence" and don't live there. Shoot me an email if you wanna talk about options. Good luck.

yea I have a great realtor, I won't go with anyone else unless he doesn't do multifamily places. he's my hockey coach. he is also a Navy vet... that you? lol
Eventually, I'll have 4+ properties in SoCal and live off them.
step one: underpants
Step two: ?
Step tree: profit.