How would you classify George Carlin's overall philosophy, Veeky Forums?

How would you classify George Carlin's overall philosophy, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sc_RyV2DWko
youtube.com/watch?v=DbegZhk-lcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RScqJUWBpjs
youtube.com/watch?v=mvexwF2HLJs
youtube.com/watch?v=hkhUivqzWv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nihilism

Stupid

post-nihilism.

Arrogant misanthropic/nihilistic whining of an old world-weary man, mixed with almost teenager-like banal edgleordism.

tell redditors they are special snowflakes for being cynics

What comedians are good?

>tell funny jokes

Cynical, leftwing atheists who think they're unique intellectuals for being so pessimistic, but are actually very stupid people when you have a 10 minute conversation with them.

Carlin's was the lowest form of comedy.

Garbage

This desu

Edgy

Yet another idiot who never actually listened to a single Carlin act and only knows him by 10 minute youtube clips of his edgier, later life material.

Angry man

This. Carlin was an idiot who thought everyone else was an idiot.

>George Carlin got famous for being both witty and outrageous
>combined a love of language with very coarse bar room humor
>his routine always featured lots of word play and puns combined with weird observations and describing things in usual ways
>yet all Millennials think of when you say his name is his bitter rantings from when he'd become an old man
Sad

>HIS EARLY WIRK BRO! THY NOOKIE LOL! CHECK IT OUT!

I didn't laugh once. Wasn't sure what I was listening to, and confused why anyone would pay money to listen to a cynical, pessimistic, angry person

An original shitposter.

Cynic.

He got incredibly bitter as he got older and his comedy went from counter culture observations to ramblin man rants about how the world is fucked.

Simply, he wasn't a comedian by his later years.

Contrarian, like the other end of /pol/.

Tom Segura John Mullaney Louis CK Anthony Jeselnik BILL BURR

Mitch Hedberg, Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor, Patrice O'Neal.

I don't like what you like
>you don't even know what it is you don't even know!!!!!

>Louis ck
Rest are good tho son

Sometimes he tries way too hard but he has a good comedic mind and cracks me up

>atheists
Yea you never watched Carlin

I don't even know what you're trying to get at, that how absurdly wrong and stupid your fucking post is

Well the angrier political stuff he'd been doing that for like twenty years so a good chunk of his career. It'd started around the NJ special which was like '88 although it was always part of his act. There's a bit of his from like the '50s or '60s where it's less comedy, more an anti-police rant. Of course his stuff was still funny until maybe a few years before his death IMO.

His early stuff was semi-wholesome and pretty funny.
His middle stuff was hippie stuff with some poignant jokes.
His last stuff was nihilistic political idiocracy.

Lloyd may actually be the funniest youtuber.

Ironically, the end of his marriage was when he turned to shit. Usually failed relationships help a comic.

Speaking of "shit" there's way too much scatological and other disgusting type of form of humor in his shows. When he actually bothers to come up with a real joke instead of random gross thoughts I find him very funny though. Also even though he, like George Carlin, has a lot of black and cynical humor, it's not as annoying because of his self-deprecation, where as from Carlin you get the feeling that everyone and everything except him sucks.

He was deeply critical of organized religion and the influence it had over politics but in terms of his own personal beliefs he was this
youtube.com/watch?v=sc_RyV2DWko

Who

Wow, really got me there.

I was referring to the description of his fans, you absolute fucking moron.

>hating someone solely on the premise that some left wingers enjoy his work
pol pls go

LindyBeige, the one sniping in his living room a few posts back.

The Brits actually were ottoman and yes it was a victory

america:
>doug stanhope (good podcasts)
>louis ck
>bill burr (good podcasts)
>norman mcdonald (fav north american)

>sam hydenburger (sketches are good)

brits:
>sean locke (15 storeys high GOAT)
>frankie boyle
>bill bailey
>stewart lee (fav brit)
>richard herring (mediocre comedian, podcasts are great equivalent to WTF podcast or joe rogan for british comedians)
youtube.com/watch?v=DbegZhk-lcQ
herrings harry shearer podcast (good one, did most of the voices in the simpsons)
>jerry sadowitz
>phil jupitus
>alan davies
>dylan moran
>johnny vegas
>greg davies
>billy conolly
>ed byrne
>vic reeves
>bob mortimer
>dara o brian

>david mitchell
>chris morris (4 lions, brasseye)
youtube.com/watch?v=RScqJUWBpjs
>armando ianncucci (thick of it, peep show, time trumpet)
youtube.com/watch?v=mvexwF2HLJs
>richard ayoade
>Matthew Holness (garth marenghis darkplace)
>charlie brooker (screenwipe)
>chris tordoff (hardy bucks)

pre-edgelord Carlin, Richard Pryor, Chris Morris (GOAT imo, especially his radio series Blue Jam), Tig Notaro, David Mitchell, Armando Iannucci, Richard Ayoade

good taste

pewdiepie

t. Viper Higgins

reddit

It's sad he'll never come up with a line as funny as "faggot nigger deer" again.

Brian Regan.

>brian limond

Seth McFarlane

I adore Carlin, but I can understand why he doesn't jive with some other people though. I admit I'm biased as I've been listening to his material over and over since I was a babby.

Loved his posthumous biography audiobook read by his little brother. Definitely recommend it for other fans as it gives you some insight on his acts throughout the years.

grandfather SJW

he actually attacked the political correctness that SJW's are so fond of

Joey Diaz

His actual standup is hit or miss imo, but on podcasts he may be the funniest motherfucker alive.

he's a great comedian

i would have added him to the list if the thread wasnt about him, i dont really understand why he gets so much hate

youtube.com/watch?v=hkhUivqzWv0

Le angry cursing left wing conspiracy man

The other one. The old, thin one, not the young, fat le smoking one.

>implying his name isn't Nikolas.

fuck off

Touched a nerve have we?

Yes, this.

interesting

DEAD

Carlin deconstructing language and words is always a joy to listen to. As much as some of his other political stuff could be high school edgy tier the guy really knew his shit when it came to that. There's a reason the Seven Dirty Words is his most famous bit.

Insignificant

The ones on the Eric Andre show

phuq off

anti human

Are people in this thread so blatantly ignorant to embrace their ADD to the point where they watch a 5 minute clip of his comedy and spew the same baseless contrarian rhetoric calling him things that are completely contrary to his comedy style? Fucking hell, neo-Veeky Forums needs to reevaluate it's life priorities by injecting it's cancerous mongoloid opinions back into the various psuedo social circle jerk shit-holes they cralled out from because they held that sense of superiority that they still hold in a place they are are so below. If you don't understand something fuck off. If you think you understand something but have baseless echo-chamber knowledge of fuck off more. This doesn't just apply to Carlin you fucking ball-less cretinous frauds.

George is alive?

Amy Schumer

Is Carlin actually any good? Never bothered, get put offby the fanbase which is fucking obnoxious.

you're on Veeky Forums where every fanbase is obnoxious
spend your time with people who don't live on the internet

No, I strictly mean IRL Carlin fans.

George Carlin was always legitimately funny, it's Bill Hicks that was an unfunny bitter pseud hack fraud.

meet better people