Which theater of World War I was the most interesting one?

Which theater of World War I was the most interesting one?

Reminder that if you answer Western Europe then you're a pleb.

Western Europe

Pleb.

But seriously, why?

Eastern, royal german scism, where more allies was a liability and nothing of importance was lost.

It was the decisive one.
And the most unusual.
Could have gone either way up until the final months.

so what? its the most famous so it cant also be the most interesting, hipster?

Western Europe obv, prob operation michael.

Africa desu. Especially if you want to look at the incompetence of the Entente.

I'd love to learn more about the African front. Von Lettow-Vorbeck was a badass.

Reminder that anyone who uses the word "pleb" is always someone whose opinion can be safely discarded.

Western European or Italian.

>Von Lettow-Vorbeck was a badass.

Pretty terrible human being though.

Tsingtao obviously

Strachan's book on WWI in Africa is probably the best one out there.

Also you can read Von Lettow-Vorbeck's memoir for free on archive.org if you haven't already.

Will look those up, thanks.

this tbqh

>be Italian
>spend a few years attacking the river 8 times for massive losses because your commander is incompetency defined

Caucasus theatre is pretty interesting, notably for how brutal and extreme it could get

Africa is interesting because of Vorbeck and his tactics and having pleasantly small battles.

Middle East and Mesopotamia are very interesting also

Arab Revolt and Eastern Europe.

what last few months?Wasnt the war basically lost after verdun and it just dragged on like ww2?

Western Europe

Germany c-could have turne-d-d-d arou d at any m-moment b-baka

man the german spring offensive was the bomb

Seriously pissed off about how Russia got BTFO'd by Germany and Austria-Hungarian forces in the first years. I mean how many battles did they lose in the beginning? Can someone redpill me on this?

Middle Eastern

The Caucasus campaign.

When /our guy/ sent hundreds of thousands of Turks to their deaths to honor Ares.

It was though. I know it amuses the 'special snowflake' mentality to see the sideshows as more interesting but they have to compensate somehow!

Middle Eastern or Balkans.

The atlantic

The Balkans front is pretty underrated especially considering the 1918 Vardar offensive which led to the collapse of Bulgaria, the invasion of Hungary by Serbo-French forces which, in addition to the Italian success at Vittorio Venetto, made Austria-Hungary ask for an armistice. Serbo-French army which could now threaten Germany from the South-East.
At the same time the British forces on the front turned eastward and advanced toward an ill-defended Constantinople leading the Ottoman Empire to the armistice of Mudros.

In a single month the Vardar offensive had provoked, or contributed to, armistices with three out of the four Central Powers, leaving Germany alone.

>build massive navies to be the top dog at sea
>the naval theatre is fucking shit
what a waste.

I didn't even know any theater in there was interesting. I thought it was all trenches, gas and artillery.

If i had to pick, i'd say some Naval combat theater, but except the politics i don't know anything about WWI

Balkan front had an epic beginning as well. You have Serbia being attacked by Austro-Hungarian Empire and defeat them completely and expel them. They stood for a whole year and then AU, Germany and Bulgaria attacked from all sides at the same time. Serbian army was completely surrounded, cut off from the only friendly neighbor, Greece. They had to retreat through Albania, their old enemy, and on top of that a mountainous tribal country. Some 150,000 successfully retreated, to fight in the Vardar offensive 1918.