ITT: People you dislike, but respect

ITT: People you dislike, but respect.

This might be a less shitty thread if you actually said WHY you dislike but respect him.

>disliking Atatürk

>Dislike: Genocided niggas, tried making a multicultural country into an ethno state
>Respect: Succeeded

It was either that or a broken up anatolia he isn't our national hero for nothing.

>Genocided niggas
Are you talking about killing soldiers in his war of independence or the Zaza rebellion?
Cause he had no part in the Armenian genocide since he was stationed in Gallipoli while it was taking place during Ottoman times and he is even alleged for saying it was a "shameful act" in one of his speeches the Turks deny (cause that would be admitting to the genocide).

nigga what

You're an idiot and your posts are idiotic. Atatürk was a rad dude

Am I the only one that reads his name like "Atta Turk!"? Like Europe is finally congratulating the lil sick dog for getting out of bed?

Ataturk was, as said, not a rad dude. He was a great statesman, but he also lead to the current turkish nation.

Rose among the anonymous to become one of the richest, powerful, and most feared men on an entire continent. Otherwise was a piece of shit ego driven thug that got too big for his britches.

I don't agree with him on most things, but I respect his dedication and drive.

Not to mention, he favored good relations with Greece. Prime Minister Ioannis Metaxas thought highly of Ataturk.

The only blemish that you could possibly blame Ataturk for was Smyrna. He may not have been directly at fault for the murders and the widespread fires, but he should've taken steps to keep order.

Was an asshole who made everyone hate him and also wanted to enslave women and children but the story of how he got his wife is hilarious and I love him for it.

>Pros: One of the greatest politicians in American history. Sincerely cared about the poor and the civil rights movement.
>Cons: 1965 immigration act doomed America to become flooded with colored people.

Rot in hell.

He's also the only reason Athens had any real success. Alcibiades was based, Athenian politics was the problem.

>liking a president who cared about civil rights, which was a movement for people of colour
>not liking him because he let in people of colour