Could the Soviet successfuly invade Hokkaido considering the quality of their navy ?

Could the Soviet successfuly invade Hokkaido considering the quality of their navy ?

Pre or Post 1945?

what kind of chink flag is that? didnt the chinks get BTFO by based japs?

Nationalist China.

If you're talking in the timeframe of WW2, no, not unless the U.S. lends them far more landing craft than they had. Remember, they only fully secured the Kuril Islands because of the overall government surrender; there was still fighting going on all throughout August.

Hokkaido is far more heavily defended than the Kurils were, even as shattered as the Japanese forces were.

During the last months of WW2

This is the most retarded thing I have ever seen.

Is that China/Korea's wet dream?

Probably, given how easily they walked over Manchuria which had more troops than were in Hokkaido

well they'd have to pull off their own operation sealion

Yeah i think so, the japanese didn't have much left in terms of navy and Hokkaido couldn't have coastal defenses everywhere.
Just a guess

They could. Looks like they didnt invade due to extradition of last Chinese emperor - from Japan to communists.

No, their wet dream would a Japan entirely devoid of my life.

Spoiler: that's my wet dream, too.

But then who would draw cartoon anime girls?

I too am a fellow of East Asian ancestry with my rectum most colored in a rather auburn fashion thanks to high temperature flames.

Well, in my case I was brainwashed by my grandpa who fought against Imperial Japan and lost a few friends on Okinawa. Considering Japan is led by a guy who thinks Japan dindu nuffin in WWII, I can't say I have fond feelings for the Japanese.

>US gets the business, shipping, and entertainment centers, as well as plentiful farmland and coastlines for fishing
>UK gets the sunny southern islands
>USSR gets frozen northern wasteland
>Nationalist China gets their own island

Who made this map, MacArthur?

I'm Chinese and I don't think I'm butthurt about Japan. Instead, it's more of a recognition that "Japanese people are murderous perverts and haven't actually changed since 1945" which is actually far scarier than being butthurt. It means that in the case of an invasion of Japan by China, there will be no remorse shown towards civilians because, hey, aren't these same type of people that killed us in WWII?

It would be a colossal fuck up by both the Chinese and Japanese in this situation as the Sino-Japanese conflict started as a result of Japanese trying to be like Western European-senpai. The Eternal Whittu Piggu is truly at fault for all of Asia's miseries.

>Japanese people are murderous perverts and haven't actually changed since 1945
Have you seen their youth? They're impotent materialists who lose their will to live at the slightest fuckup

The US dropped the nukes on Japan to end the war as quickly as possible specifically because they feared the USSR could gain too much territory if it dragged on. So yeah, the US government at the time was pretty sure the Soviets could take Japan

That's interesting, can you elaborate please

>The US dropped the nukes on Japan to end the war as quickly as possible specifically because they feared the USSR could gain too much territory if it dragged on. So yeah, the US government at the time was pretty sure the Soviets could take Japan.

This is a dumb myth that's been debunked for decades. The Soviet navy in the east had a grand total of fewer than 400 ships, of which a third had been donated by the USA. Most were antiquated and not equipped for amphibious operations. This is absolutely tiny and insufficient for a serious invasion of Japan, even ignoring that Manchuria would keep them plenty busy anyway. For context, on the tiny island of Okinawa, the Americans used 1,300 ships of much better quality, of which 392 were either sunk or heavily damaged by kamikazes.

They could barely take fucking Shumshu. Amphibious invasions are really difficult and complicated operations.

Not him, but you're wrong on several counts.

First off, the Soviet Pacific fleet was hardly antiquated; most of those ships were modern ones, courtesy of the U.S.

And while it's true, the USSR had no chance of invading Japan itself, they could easily have advanced further into Manchuria, Korea, and China proper, which wouldn't have been the best for U.S. interests, and played well into their strengths of land warfare, where they were well ahead of the Japanese.

>even ignoring that Manchuria would keep them plenty busy anyway.

Unlikely. By the 20th of August, they had taken Mukden, Changchun, and Qiqihar (sp?) and advance elements were dangling their feet in the China sea. True, a lot of the Kwangtung army hadn't been directly engaged, but it also had been completely cut off from supply and communication and almost certainly would have starved to death and been unable to move. Manchuria was pretty much rolled up.

Well it's not like they never would have thought of it on their own.

Why would China get anything?

Because nationalist China can't keep anything they don't get for free

True, the Eternal Horsefucker gave them that idea.