Which religion has better architecture, Christianity or Islam?

Which religion has better architecture, Christianity or Islam?

You know exactly what answer this board will give

Islam

I fucking hate the shiftfuck out of their death cult but I can admit these savages know how to make a building look good

By and large, Christianity.
However, the top 1% of Islamic art and architecture blows Christian works out of the water.

I like how clean the Mosque of the Prophet looks

Christianity obviously

Looks like something out of WH40k

Can't argue with this masterpiece.

>the top 1% of Islamic art and architecture blows Christian works out of the water.
No it doesn't

ok
not bad
boring
gaudy
ok
:barfs:
not bad

Depends on personal taste. There are a lot of nice mosques and churches. But the best one I've ever been in is St. Peter's Basilica.

Definitely Christianity.

The most revered "art" in most mosques are their fucking rugs, which are the kind of rugs that would get a "ohh that is pretty neat" if you were to visit someone who owns one.

Other than that they have the bathroom styled tiles and patterns on their walls, which also could get the "neat" reaction at the most.

Catholics aren't Christian

Orthodoxfags has worst architecture among christians, russian muslims has worst architecture among muslims.

>Christians aren't Christians

that is quite the maymay

Just a Protestant trolling, don't take the bait

>Catholic
>Orthodox/Shia
>Sunni
>Protestant

from best to worst.

There is nothing Christian about popery

Catholics aren't Christian

Neither are Protestants. You have to be human, first.

Protestant and Christian are synonyms

Fucking kill yourself, you're not the one who gets to define what's christian or not.

The widely accepted definition of christianism includes catholicucks.
You're not gonna walk into into any serious debate and be taken seriously repeating that catholics aren't christians so don't spam it here you peace of shit, i'm tired of your retarded biblecock measuring contest.

It's simply a fact that Catholics aren't Christian. They don't believe the bible

>protestant deciding who is Christian and who isn't

meanwhile the identical protestant church(read: shed) across the road doesn't think his church is Christian

By your definition.
And your definition is completely fucking worthless.

Shouldn't you be out kissing refugee feet?

>implying i'm Catholic

Yeah you know, because it's not like anyone ever did anything weird with people's feet in the bible.

Islamic. Not even a contest.

(you)

lel

>Muslims
>take one of the greatest Christian buildings ever created
>this is what they do with it

completelyneglected.jpeg

I wonder how Hagia Sophia would have looked like today, had it remained in Christian hands

probably a ruinous shithole like everything else the greeks have had custody of since years started counting up instead of down

That interior is pretty fucking disugusting

What church is this?

Muslims regularly hired christian architects and builders, pick any building from islam's golden age and it has a decent chance of having been built by christians.

>WEìLL DRAW LE EBIN FLOORTILES EVERYWHERE BECAUSE WE ARE PUSSIES AFRAID TO DRAW GOD AND THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS HE CREATESAND ACTIONS HE DID

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA TAK ABOUT LOSER AUTIST RELIGION

>which religion has better architecture, Christanity or the one the copied its architecture from Christianity
Hhmmmm...

You're posting Christian architecture so good that the Muslims took it for their own, so i'd say Christianity.

copy pasta of Sophia with minor imporvements

>"Whether it be the sweeping eagle in his flight, or the open apple-blossom, the toiling work-horse, the blithe swan, the branching oak, the winding stream at its base, the drifting clouds, over all the coursing sun, form ever follows function, and this is the law. Where function does not change, form does not change. The granite rocks, the ever-brooding hills, remain for ages; the lightning lives, comes into shape, and dies, in a twinkling.
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things superhuman, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, that form ever follows function. This is the law."[4]

Christian architecture which has literal millions of forms, vs one form of Christian architecture although to a lesser extent as they've forgot how to make concrete sans a cube

No other way round

Damn, this is based. So intricate and ornamental yet still [spoiler] A E S T E T H I C [/spoiler]

One day I'll hop on a train to Vilnius just to see that place.

How come the ancients could build stuff like this but we can't?

>Sultan Ahmed mosque
>christian

The filename is wrong

Iconoclasm is one hell of a drug

>Vilnius
rrrrreeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE
IT'S WILNO KURWA

Christians have so much advanced in architecture that it became meaningless, for it has revealed that salvation can not stem from beauty, but only from a pure consience.

I really like this

Ranking something like architecture is the job of pseudo high school dumbasses, ranking it by religion is even worse
>muh civilized savages
Leave your personal biases art the door when discussing aesthetics and history
>posts no examples
>rugs
What the fuck are you going on about? Have you been inside any Islamic building?
>neglected
Do you understand that was built in the 6th century? Pretty much everything built time is in much worse shape, be it from the building techniques or just the passage of time. For it's age the hagia sofia is in amazing condition.
Where do you faggots read these memes? And how can you go and post it as fact without actually knowing anything about the subject?
Kek

>being so triggered
>"I don't have examples of better muslim architecture, therefore I'll just claim there's no superiority to be found in principles"
Ahmed pls

>copy paste of Sophia with minaret improvements
Fify

Post some good Islamic architecture then

Nice projection there faggot. Go ask anyone who actually studies architecture if they rank different styles on a scale. You'll be laughed at because of how dumb that sounds the lack of knowledge that goes into a statement like that. Also judging architecture with two huge generalizations like Christian and Muslim architecture it's only a clear example in a person's shallow understanding of a topic. I'm actually a bigger fan of "christain architecture" than the Muslim counterparts but I'm not a fucking idiot. Goddamn this board went to shit

Christianity, Islam has a lot of incredibly beautiful mosques but I think it is hampered by its own iconoclasm

>Goddamn this board went to shit
Yeah the moment muslims started to post there. I hope Trump cancels your internet access along with your visa.

Wow nice argument mate, making me rethink everything

The only good building in this thread

>he actually thinks t Turkey wouldn't be a complete shithole without Eastern Thrace
Tell us how well the Turks maintained the northern part of Cyprus compared to the Greek part which has been flourishing for decades.

>memes?
What? It is true, muslims excelled at stuff like irrigation systems, they hired non-muslims (christians in particular since there were still a lot of them in former african/asian roman territories and mediterranean Europe) to build temples and palaces.

only at early stages though, particularly during Ummayads era, after that they were more influenced by Persians, Ottomans like to hire Armenian architects every now and then but aside from that, Muslims are building their own thing

tiny pillars, tiny cocks

Milan Cathedral

Muslims from every period rely on Christians. It is Christian architecture that influenced Muslims.

Remember pic related

We all were influenced by someone.

Why is it such a big deal?

christian architecture outside of gothic literally just copying muh greeks and muh romans so shut the fuck up retard

anyway the most beautiful religious buildings are in southern germany and austria, but I'm going to post this pretty mosque in the hopes that the mixture of east and west triggers you faggots

>Christians copying Greeks and Romans
Christians WERE Greeks and Romans, faggot.

Triggered Storm Nigger

Stay ass ravaged you aren't considered to be fully human by our new government.

that shit looks dope.

That's not how synonyms work, you retard. Protestant is a sufficient condition for the term "christian", but not a necessary one.

Catholics are christian

>Baroque churches

I wanted to answer 'Christianity, obviously' to the op, and still would, but getting reminded of the fact that Baroque was a thing almost made me consider Islam as having better art.

>retard doesn't know that all the great roman architects were alive in the pre-christian era and therefore pagans
>retard doesn't know that all the great roman structures were built pre-christian era and were therefore pagan
>retard does't know that by the time christianity was adopted roman architecture had already peaked and was in fact declining
>retard doesn't know that the romans took 90% of their engineering and architecture from the greeks (pagans)
>retard doesn't know greeks took many of their innovations and stylistic elements from oriental cultures (i.e. zoroastrians, egyptians, pagans...)

imagine being this much of an idiot... pity

>t. completely devoid of taste

I assume you're protestant. I am as well, but frankly, our churches are really fucking boring, especially the ones that we make here in America. I blame the puritans for having absolutely no sense of style, and fundie shits for making it even worse and spreading it all over the country. I like the crazy wooden ones in Scandinavia and the upper midwest though, those are cool.

I love how Islamic architecture is blockier and more geometrical, it kinda reflects how autistic mudshits are.

I wish I could live in a city that had this aesthetic.

Kek you can't be serious?
>Europeans develop culture, architecture and technology through the exchange of ideas and past civilizations influence
Muh superior culture
>Arabs develop culture, architecture and technology through the exchange of ideas and past civilizations influence
THEY STOLE IT!!!111!!
That's beautiful

Somethings never change.

>Oooooooooo what a burn
Try harder faggot

>literally posting a straight up copy of Byzantine architecture
kill yourself