Daily reminder that you should backup your phone regularly

Daily reminder that you should backup your phone regularly

All of us use 2FA. And that means, our phone is the key to our shekels. What if we lose the phone? We'll have to prove our identity to the Exchange. Back when this wasn't popular, it meant we'd be unable to trade for a couple of days, prices would remain reasonably ""stable"".

Nowadays shit has changed. Markets can go 4x as they can go 1/4x. The recovering process will take 1, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, who knows? This means you need to always have quick access to your accounts.

>uh, I carry my phone all the time, what else do I need?

Phones get lost. Phones get damaged. Phones get stolen. You wouldn't want some filthy nocoiner to steal all your hardwork, would you?

BACK. UP. YOUR. PHONE

Pic related - TWRP. Use it to make a complete Nandroid backup. If you lose your phone, you can get a new one and just restore the backup, login and change all your keys/passwords/etc. This way, you'll be back pumping shitcoins in no time.

Other urls found in this thread:

aws.amazon.com/iam/details/mfa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

your phone is just one step out of the 2
they still need my password
and I don't have any of my pw's on my phone in any way shape or form
im not even logged in anywhere
so just stealing my phone they cant access my shekels

You autistic mouthbreather, he means if YOU lose YOUR phone, YOU CAN'T LOG IN FOR DAYS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T 2FA

>All of us use 2FA.
??

not what the post is about -- it's about backing up your 2FA access so YOU can get in if you lose your phone

thanks for the reminder OP

Its tied to you number, not phone you giga faggot.
I dont know how it works in you third world, but here no one can take my number. And i can lock it and reuse it when i lose it.

There is a backup key for any site that u use google authenticator with. I keep a copy of those so if i lose the phone, i just use the backup key.

2nd factor authentication? You better be running to all your exchanges and setting that up right now.

Exactly! You're welcome. I registred on livecoin today and remembered, thought I should remind y'all too.

I don't think so. You point your camera to the QR code and it's up. It's tied to whomever has the QR code embedded. I'm not sure though.

Also true, but some websites don't provide it (I at least only that code for Bitstamp. I didn't see it on bittrex)

I have a 2nd phone running my 2FA as well as a backup

I have Google Authenticator. So new phone, just sign in to google and be done with it. Passwords in 1password.

Get rekt noobs

what if you just save the qr code they provide? That way you can use any other phone for 2factor

>2nd phone
Great idea user, might do that in the future

I don't believe that shit is in the """cloud""".
t. have Google Auth and that never happened.

I guess that'd work, never tried it though. It'd be actually a nice thing, you'd just need to glue them under your bed or something, if shit hit the fan, just go down under and take care of biz.

That shit is not in the cloud. You need the auth key or you're fucked.

Def tied to your number. If worse comes to worst, I can activate a spare phone with that number I have in order to 2FA.

anyone know any sturdy non-phone devices dedicated to 2FA?

this definitely didn't happen to me when i upgraded my old android...

Again, I had to format my device a couple of times (wasn't that into backups back then, bitcoins weren't worth that much anyway), and I ALWAYS had to set up everything back.

aws.amazon.com/iam/details/mfa/ amazon has a couple, but honestly, it's not that confortable having to have another thing in your pockets, don't you think?

Is this the only way to backup 2FA?

You can also use the backup auth codes that most services provide. But it wouldn't hurt to backup all your precious data, like email access and shit.

>Not having a yubikey with yubico authenticator.
I learned to not trust my phone as a second factor a long time ago. Hardware auth >> software auth

What happens if you lose the yubikey? Can you back it up?