When did shaved legs/pits become a standard of beauty?

When did shaved legs/pits become a standard of beauty?

Other urls found in this thread:

everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/history-pubic-hair/
youtube.com/watch?v=Am7uIOSxSH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/history-pubic-hair/

youtube.com/watch?v=Am7uIOSxSH4

ever since stone age technology allowed shaving

Neophelia aka pedophilia.

I can honestly say that I have never had any problem with a little bit of armpit muff.

Don't really know
I know that nude paintings from as far as the 1500s depict hairless women
Now I also know that big bushes were the norm 100 years ago

Pits about 100 years ago in the US. Sleeveless dresses came in fashion, and razor companies used it as an opportunity to create a new trend and make massive cash.

For legs, when women stopped wearing stockings.

>I know that nude paintings from as far as the 1500s depict hairless women
They also depict vagina-less women. That's not how women looked in real life.

When did shaved heads stopped being the standard of beauty?

Women only started wearing stockings in the 40s, yet Romans already shaved their legs.

>When did shaved legs/pits become a standard of beauty?

When TV commercials started showing shaved women, so women decided thats how they should look.
It is very recent.

sure regular every day women almost certainly didn't shave just like they don't usually shave even today, but the prostitutes used as models probably shaved.

pussy viewed from the front is pretty innocuous and can be easily drawn as a simple line or omitted entirely without there being much visible discrepancy, especially when the model has her legs crossed or held close together as they usually are depicted.

painters/sculptors didn't seem to have a problem including bush on men, so it's reasonable to assume they omitted bush on women because the majority of the women they painted didn't have one.

t. women's march veteran

>Women only started wearing stockings in the 40s

lol what

>yet Romans already shaved their legs.

And other cultures didn't, including post -Roman Europe. OP is asking about when the current standard started.

>lol what
I confused them with thigh-highs, nevermind

my legs are hairy af

ok?

Degenerate scum

you wanna see?

Yea post pics

Women have more body hair these days than historically due to growth hormones found in a lot of meat products, which mess with puberty a bit (same reason many kids experience puberty earlier). Leg and arm hair used to be very rare safe for almost invisible blonde "peach fuzz".

As for armpit and pubic hair, yeah almost everyone had them since forever and noone really minded it up until the 1980's. Although shaving pubic hair, even for men used to be a trend in the middle east (requesting that account from the crusade when a French knight sees his Arab friends cock and demands his to be shaved as well).

This is the truth. Everyone will ignore it though.

Oh for fuck's sake.

No, they didn't paint bushes because female body hair was considered too sexual and thus obscene for representation. It was part of the vagina and thus not painted just like vaginas weren't. They had no issues painting male pubic hair for the same reason they had no issues painting penises.

And body hair was sexual too?

Female pubic hair in any case. Other than that, the Western nude painting/sculpting only really started in the Renaissance and they just imitated the ideals of ancient Greek statues, which already never showed female genitals, but also absolutely minimal bodyhair otherwise, including for men.

watch Shaving is an american pop culture meme.

Removing body hair is a Middle Eastern thing, which was imported into the West by Americans around the same time as circumcision.

Are you trying to exclude Ancient Greece from the western world?

kek

>10 year old
What the fuck
They don't even have boobs and shit
What the actually fuck

No of course, we're totally Ancient Greeks and Romans and not filthy barbarians, praise Jupiter *tips laurels*

Who cares about cutting your hard. The REAL fucked up thing is when parents cut the dicks of their kids.

How many times do we have to have this discussion?

See They're part of the same thing.

Where do you think Greece is dumbo?

Hint: it's not West

I won't user, I believe you

but muh western civilization!

Good old times...

>everydayfeminism

me neither

Doesn't bother me either.

Scratchy legs, though...I shudder.

>that pussy has too much hair for me to fuck it

Said no man ever.

>everydayfeminism

Yea same. Luckily my gfs legs are naturally very smooth so she doesn't need to shave at all.

Need a few years to get her broken in before she starts popping out babies

This just means she shaves when you aren't looking.

Since pedos stopped getting away with fucking kids

> Oklahoma

Oklahoma wasn't a state until 1907, so that's why the first column is blank. Don't know.what's up with 1920 though.

Lack of body hair was associated with feminity as women naturally have less. Now, women saw other women who had less hair than them, and as a means of increasing their own feminity decided to shave parts off that they felt were too hairy in comparison. Eventually it became a societal pressure to be as hairless as possible as a woman.

>He thinks Greece isn't part of the western civilisation

Hey! You stole my legs! Give them back to me!

Source on this semen demon?

she's probably french

>everydayfeminism

lending credence to this