Is there any civilization more Metal than the Mongols?

Is there any civilization more Metal than the Mongols?

The Assyrians

came to post this

Care to elaborate, fampais? I'm ready to get learnt.

>Mongols
>Civilization

Kek. I'm gonna start living in a tent, drive around in my car and murder & rape everyone i can find, steal half of peoples income in taxation, crucify anyone who objects, and never build, farm or produce anything such as literature or art at all and then i'mma call it a "civilization".

>I'm gonna start living in a tent, drive around in my car and murder & rape everyone i can find, steal half of peoples income in taxation, crucify anyone who objects, and never build, farm or produce anything such as literature or art at all

So beautiful.

Very scathing critique.

>The secret to its success was a professionally trained standing army, iron weapons, advanced engineering skills, effective tactics, and, most importantly, a complete ruthlessness which came to characterize the Assyrians to their neighbors and subjects and still attaches itself to the reputation of Assyria in the modern day.

>A phrase oft-repeated by Assyrian kings in their inscriptions regarding military conquests is "I destroyed, devastated, and burned with fire" those cities, towns, and regions which resisted Assyrian rule.

>Ashurbanipal: I built a pillar at the city gate and I flayed all the chief men who had revolted and I covered the pillar with their skins; some I walled up inside the pillar, some I impaled upon the pillar on stakes.

tldr: Assyrians were ruthless barbarians who ruled through fear and punishment.

And now they are genocide fodder in the Middle East, even the Kurds are above them in the food chain nowadays.

That's what happens when the Arab hoards from Hell conquer your lands and impose their religion on your people.

You reap what you sow even if it was a thousand year ago.

Didn't they try to wage at least 1 war a year? Gotta respect their work ethic

Karma is a bitch

>Assyrians were ruthless barbarians who ruled through fear and punishment.

This isn't liberal fantasy land. People rule by using fear and punishment or will be ruled by those who do.

By that logic karma will catch up with the Arab muslims at some point.

Wasn't Assyria's empire at its extent as big as Rome's?

Yes?

But what about the Empires that ruled with love and peace like the Roman Empire?

No they are the man made weapon of holy retribution.

There's ruling through fear and punishment, then there's going full on Assyrian

Ashurbanipal destroyed the kingdom of Elam, left this tablet in the city of Susa:
>Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.

>“Ashurbanipal did not rebuild after the wrecking of the country. He installed no governors, he resettled none of the devastated cities, he made no attempt to make this new province of Assyria anything more than a wasteland. Elam lay open and undefended”

>Besides massacring the enemy soldiers, Assyrians made mass deportations of the rulers (nobles, functionaries, craftsmen), so that the remaining people obeyed with humiliation (the most famous is that described in the Bible, of the Israeli to Babylon). Enemy kings were beheaded, and their heads hanged in trees and cities were destroyed. Women were made slaves. This cunning policy, the army and good administration maintained the empire for centuries. The conquered populations had to pay heavy annual tributes.

> King Ashurnasirpal laid out many of his sadistic activities in one of his annals. He liked burning, skinning, and decapitating his enemies. When he defeated a rebelling city, he made sure they pay a huge price. Disobedient cities were destroyed and razed to the ground with fire, with their wealth and all material riches taken by the king. Their youth and women were either burned alive or made into slaves or placed into the harem. In the City of Nistun, Ashurnasirpal showed how he cut of the heads of 260 rebelling soldiers and piled it together. Their leader named Bubu suffered horrific punishment. He was flayed and his skin was placed in the walls of Arbail. In the city of Suri, rebelling nobles were also skinned and were displayed like trophies. Some skin were left to rot but some were placed in a stake. Officials of the city suffered decapitation of their limbs. The leader of the Suri rebellion, Ahiyababa, underwent flaying and his skin was then placed in the walls of Niniveh. After Ashurnasirpal defeated the city of Tila, he ordered to cut the hands and feet of the soldiers of the fallen city. Other than that, some soldiers found themselves without noses and ears. But also, many defeated soldiers had their eyes gouged out. The heads of the leaders of the Tila were hang in the trees around the city.

>institute freedom of religion
>establish international system of law that held leaders accountable
>brought peace and development to large swaths of the world
>metal

>peace
>development
China would like to have a word with you

That's bait, user.

>united the various warring Chinese dynasties
>connected Asia with Europe
>somehow a bad thing

Sorry you know shit about history.

I'm sorry, it's just that with all the /pol/ and /leftypol/ incursions it's getting hard to know who is baiting and who knows nothing.

>United the warring Chinese dynasties

Are you fucking retarded? There were just the Jin and the Song and they were getting along fine; the Song had naval expeditions, a strong mining industry and an improving movable printing press, all of which were completely halted by the Mongols and pretty much didn't resume until Mao came into power. The Yuan dynasty was shit compared with the Song dynasty

>Connected Asia with Europe
Asia was already connected with Europe by the silk road you fucking dolt. Instead what Genghis did was penetrate Europe with basically an army of infested asian niggers that very likely incurred the black plague

The Yuan set China back centuries.
The Song were doing great, could have industrialized, but no, mongols stop that and China becomes a backwater stuck in traditions nation that gets abused by pretty much everyone for the next 800 years.

China was not trading with Europe at the time. Mongols displaced intellectuals throughout the world, bringing Chinese scholars to the Middle East, Middle Eastern scholars to Europe, and so on and so on. They encouraged intellectuals, exempting them from taxes among other things.

And are you fucking retarded? There was no single Chinese state until the Mongols conquered the region. And fuck, look beyond China. They consolidated the Indian kingdoms, the European kingdoms. Mongol invasions essential wrote the map we see today in terms of taking a dozen small kingdoms and turning them into one.

Baghdad would like a word with you.

>Mongols displaced intellectuals throughout the world making them travel everywhere
>There was no single Chiense state until the Mongols conquered the reason
>They consolidated the Indian Kingdoms and the European kingdoms

(you)

But given the small possibilitiy you're not bating if you're not bating seriously kill yourself

Buddy, I know Wikipedia can be really convenient at times, but try reading a book from time to time.

>consolidated Indian and European kingdoms
You what?

There was a Chinese state, Song China, famed for its technology and advancements, which the mongols stopped.

China has always traded with Europe, Romans traded with China ffs.

>China has always traded with Europe
I don't know how else to respond to this other than saying no.

How about some citations that Chinese goods stopped reaching Europe?

Because you don't know.
You are aware that Roman coins have been found as far as India? China sent ambassadors to Rome, but the Parthians (middle man in the trade) told them it was too far.
Phoenician dyes used in China, as well as tinted glass.
Roman women, European as well, wearing silk.

>No single, unified Chinese state

>The Qin dynasty
>The Han dynasty
>The Tang dynasty
>The Sui dynasty
>The Song dynasty (the northern jurchens were fucked)

Lots of historians and anthropologists argue that the Han dynasty was the first 'nationstate' because of its' ability to impose a uniform set of laws and a bureaucracy within drawn borders unlike anything Westward

>India
The Mongols did not invade India
>Consolidated the European kingdoms
What European kingdoms lol, they laid the foreground for Moscovites to unify Russia and that's why it's a shithole today because Moscovite bureaucrats inherit a lot of their assholeness and decision making from Mongol tax collectors