Should I just skip higher education entirely, and instead focus on working as much as possible?

Should I just skip higher education entirely, and instead focus on working as much as possible?
Currently working 2 full time jobs + Managing own business, and it seems retarded to drop it just to get a degree.

I'll have to quit my jobs, move, and spend a lot of money, and years of my life, just to get a slightly pay per hour job on the other end.

I kind of like grunt work too, as a means to an end.

Depends on what degree you'll seek. If you already are managing your own business, successfully, then probably not; especially if the business is in the field you want to work in.

Uh, you can just go part time you know...

Yeah exactly.
I'm on the right path.
People just keep riding my ass because I'm not studying.
I'm already doing what It'd be doing with it anyways. Studying is not gonna help my biz grow.

And get paid less? I'm not a fuckboy.

what business?

You have to weigh your options. Short term you will most likely make more money than you would with a degree. But I don't know you and there are a lot of factors.

What is your business? And what is your yearly income approximately? Also know that you were working over 80 hours a week

Yeah more money working for someone else.
Salary work is a means to an end, at least for me.

scenario 1:
>drop 50k on a potentially shit degree
>if you picked a good one you get a 50k/year job probably
>if you did something stupid you get barista-tier shit

scenario 2:
work a lot, minmax the fuck out of your savings, and have 60k in the bank by the time idiot from scenario 1 graduates

scenario 3:
>parents or scholarships pay for college
>free to do scenario 1 or 2 plus have a degree, no real downside other than opportunity cost of your time

This is pretty much what went through my head as well.
Oppertunity cost is very real though.

Tony is that you?

Who's Tony?

Even if you can land a good job like a factory job making 60k I'd still go for a degree, even if you take night classes or something. Maybe try to get a schedule taking day classes and work a swing shift, live with your parents, pay it off and try to bank some cash for a down payment.

Honestly it's a worthless piece of paper but once you get out in the real world you will constantly get cucked for promotions for "that guy with the degree" even if you work 3x harder than he does. Even if it doesn't land you a good job from the jump, it is a quick ticket to a promotion from that shitty job you currently hold as opposed to being stuck in the same position for 40 years that you got out of high school.

Depends.

If you pick the right degree, you can get into a field that will land you a ton of contacts. The last company I worked for was started by a group of engineers that worked in Alaska for 30 years together before starting their own company doing construction in North Dakota and The Permian Basin back when that started rolling. They saw the opportunity and their former employer wasn't interested in.

The owners are millionaires now and they probably wouldn't have had the contacts or technical skills for their company without their education.

Also if you have a stable 40 hr/week day job that pays decently, you have 40 hours a week to work on your side business.

Just don't major in Anthropology like I originally did.

If you're happy with what you're making right now then don't stop. It's better to get into your career and then go back and get a degree which you know for a fact will further that career.

im going to school and im gonna quit my job so i can study and trade crypto full time while im in school, ive made more in 2 days in crypto than what i make in a week at my shitty job

>a group of engineers that worked in Alaska for 30 years together before starting their own company

So what, they were 60 and finally decided to get off their ass and do something worthwhile and make a million?

This is the least inspirational story I've seen on Veeky Forums.

I have a liberal arts degree and it has opened a few doors for me but i feel that it cost way more than what it provided me. If you have a clear focus on a good degree I would say go for it but then again college really isnt necessary. Also I wish I knew when i went that college is for meeting people who will give you a good jib when you graduate. Networking is key

How can you work 80 hours a week and run your own business?
What is your business?

As for school don't bother unless there is something you really want to study, getting a degree for a job you hate that pays well never works out.

pretty much this, i had plenty of knowledge and experience but got filtered out of many positions because i didn't have the piece of paper that proved I paid some clowns to tell me to read shit on and complete assignments

>scenario 1
not sure if your 50k is just tuition, but it can be had for much less. It won't be no 'I know that school' degree but that may not matter depending on what your field is

lots of viable paths mate just do what works for you

a lot of people get memed into getting degrees and can't find a decent job

They were making like six figures for decades so it's hardly like they were unsuccessful wageslaves before. I'd rather have a million dollars and a business I can pass onto my kids when I'm 60 than nothing.

You know I was actually amazed by how strong a benefit this served once I got out and started working. It might not help you in landing a job, it didn't help me much, but it is an auto lock for promotions if you have one and the other dude don't. This really surprised me cause like I said I feel it isn't taken into consideration much when hiring, but for promotions it is like a golden ticket. It's so strange.

If you are going to start your own business that's great too, and hopefully you succeed but odds are you will fail and have to start over, and having a degree will help you rise the ranks really fast if you are motivated rather than work ground level shit for the rest of your life.

i'm doing computer science as a backup. my real interest is in urban farming.

a lot of money in the business my issue is finding investors who see the same vision.

urban farming is the future reducing transportation cost and supplying a city with fresh, quality produce. highly efficient with hydroponics and whatnot.

Getting a degree is the most overrated meme.

Don't fall for this scam OP.