What are some interesting lesser taught historical periods?

what are some interesting lesser taught historical periods?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Territory
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Second half of the 19th century in Austria-Hungary and Germany

1100 BC to 800 BC
500 to 700
900 to 1000

I have absolutely no idea about what was happening in Persia and Central Asia post Islamic Conquests besides what Paradox games have taught me.

>Second half of the 19th century in Austria-Hungary and Germany
>lesser taught
GERMAN UNIFICATION? DOES IT RING A BELL AMERIFAT?

Mongols and Timur pretty much. But yeah, I doubt even local schools teach that.

Sweden

I am Russian and I am fairly certain that most Western schools completely ignore the 1917-1922 civil war

Honestly we ignore you (canada) basically except cold war and berlin wall

Anyone with half a brain goes looking for cool periods though

>mfw read the Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn
>mfw pic related

German Unification isn't taught at all in the UK either.

I don't think you should trust Solzhenitsyn completely. He loves to blow the whole purge/gulag thing out of proportion.

Here in Uruguay you are bound to encounter the Russian Revolution (the ensuing civil war is not always paid so much attention) at least once during the six years of highschool. I had to study it twice in highschool.

Barely covered in any country except maybe France because of the 1871 war

Britain here. A major part of A-level (16-18 year olds) history is Russian history from 1917 to 1945. The Allied intervention into the Russian Civil War is fairly widely taught.

This.

ALL EMBRACE ME

A level and degree level.

Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous

I'm Argentinian and also had to study it twice in high school

good
would should forget that mess happened

If you were there in 1917 who'd you fight for?

Actually, who are /ourguys/ for the Russian Civil war /his?

>1100 BC to 800 BC
hmmmmm, I wonder what may be the reason there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Territory

Sengoku Jidai. Shits fun af and condensed on an island.

Really? That's awesome?

LMAO I had a whole chapter in my history book about German and Italian Unifications.

I also had to write an essay about enclosure in England

(poland here)

IT'S MY TIME TO RULE AT LAST

>what are some interesting lesser taught historical periods?
Basically Islamic history from 700 to 1400 AD. It's fascinating and not taught at all, at least here in Argentina.

Most people are barely aware there are sunnis and shias, let alone different Islamic schools, philosophers, and so on.

Ibn Sina not only kickstarted modern medicine, he was also a brilliant philosopher that came up with concepts like "I think therefore I exist" centuries before Descartes.

enjoy Ottoman hospitality

I didn't even know about the Byzantines until after high school. Before that I had always assumed Rome fell when the western empire fell.

FIFTEEN YEARS HAVE I BEEN WAITING TO SIT UPON MY THRONE

Anywhere that isn't the US or Europe.

You people are aware that it's impossible to learn about ALL major historical events of all countries in schopl, right?

Indian history

I understand it's not terribly relevant here in """the West""" but there's tons of interesting stuff:
i.e. the Guptas, the Mughals, the Marathas, the development of so many religions, Hindu mythology/Ancient India, the rule of the East India Company, parts of the modern period (1940s-70s)

Stop listening to the propaganda in your country which suggests that the rest of the world has always treated Russia as a joke, so you should help the Duma make Russia great again under authoritarianism.