Why is shitposting more attractive than honest, intellectual discussion?

Why is shitposting more attractive than honest, intellectual discussion?

For the Yous. People usually crave attention more.

It causes the pheromones in the pleasure center of your brain to start flowing.

Because having knowledge, analytical skills, and communication skills is something that requires a lot of work.

This.

It isn't, but shitposting is easy

People have been graffiti-ing cock, balls and immature jokes on whatever's available for as long as we've been here

Makes you think
We probably need it

It's like chicken nuggets vs steak. One is cheap, quick, and instantly delivers a rush of fatty and salty endorphins.
The other takes many more resources, and even though the end result is better, you see many people deciding that nuggets re the better deal.

Honest, intellectual discussion is hard. And it will just get drowned by shitposts anyway. Anonymous posting guarantees it.

I honestly try to have good discussion, I have even found myself arguing with a shitposter, although at that point I look at it as more of an exercise in trying to organize my thoughts and I like to pretend some lurker may be reading and they might take something away. Why other people feel the need to shit on others i have no idea.

Why not have the best of both worlds and veil intellectual discussion with a screen of memes and shitposts

The level is discourse is only as high as the shittiest poster so on Veeky Forums there's no point in trying

Fun things are fun, as K-ON laid out so eloquently.

this.

It takes less effort, and shredding platitudes and beliefs that you're supposed to have via subversion is a prerequisite for discussion that arrives at reality. It's why I can't talk to most normies. There are glaring omissions in their analysis, particularly when it comes to difference in ability between groups and the influence of ethnicity on ideology and action.

>being this autistic

I like causing the thinner skinned Veeky Forums users to get really upset and whine about /pol/ and reddit.

To give an example, I can talk to a friend who knows more about science than I do about race and IQ. He's a liberal who thinks we can all live together. He's intellectually honest. I can shut off the rampant shitposting because he doesn't force me to resort to it by hysterically reacting to me having the wrong analysis according to the reigning ideology (at least the reigning public ideology). We can actually talk. But most people on most issues, they spout a meme talking point, I shitpost in reply or don't say anything or change the topic.

We are infested with Redditors who need '(You)'s to validate their fragile opinions of their 'le clever' selves.

Compelling.

I like justifying my 20gb folder filled with smug anime girl reaction images.

It is hard to express yourself without anime, I don't know how people on other sites converse.

One of the best parts about Veeky Forums for sure.

anime is for serious posts only. the more cute the image I choose, the more serious I am

I'd say the early 1940s the british empire and nazi germany were strong

Veeky Forums is fucking cancer, I feel like it's been abandoned wholesale by the original posters actually interested in discussing anything more than the most shallow of topics if they aren't just shitposting, and that I missed the memo on where everybody went.

They all went nowhere.
I've been here since day 1 and there has been no discernable drop or rise in quality.

his is just /int/ 2.0. Cancer never changes

Veeky Forums is cancer I don't know why I still go on this website

Because you're part of the cancer, and you enjoy it.

Start a serious discussion and shitposting thread at the same time and see which delivers the (you)'s

Life is 50% cancer.
This place is less cancerous than normiedom.

Personally, I think at this point in the world there's too much information to look through.

Ever been to /leftypol/? Cool, so remember all the race threads and how many links are thrown around? Sweet, how many actually read, disproved said link, and then posted their own? None? Because, hey, even us NEETs don't have that time to sort through 200 pages of an article just to find out it's been disproven. Face it, we're plebs with plebs time and we don't have time or interest to sort through every piece of information to find the objective truth and because of that, everyone just sticks with their personal beliefs and when one of those beliefs are torn down, they just revise that belief and keep the bases

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

I'm drunk.

What a shitty answer.
>Why is my dick so long?
>Because it's 10 inches long