One must imagine Sisyphus happy

>one must imagine Sisyphus happy

You disagree?

It's easier to imagine him being sarcastic

I doubt that very much.

I always thought he was just spiteful.

I may just be retarded but I truly don't understand this argument, or absurdism in general
Someone confined to eternal torment would never be happy, so why are we supposed to tell ourselves that he would be? It seems like the cornerstone of it is "just be happy bro" even in a literally hopeless situation.

>understand
>argument
>absurdism

LOL

Because the alternative is being miserable and stuck in the same situation. This is one of those things that philosophy has been trying to point out for basically ever. Making yourself miserable over a situation you have no control over is both stupid and counter-productive.

>bro forget about this huge rock you have to roll up this hill forever for a second and just appreciate the moment bro just bee yourself and be happy dude

>he doesn't think life is absurd

Got a better idea? One can certainly appreciate the absurdity of what he's doing. I'd probably find the situation to have an odd sense of humor to it after a while.

Are you one of those fucking Wendels that complains about everything?

Aren't we all ultimately just rolling a boulder up a hill only to have it go down and do it again? The point is that the doing is enough in itself, that the journey gives us meaning. The joy comes from our little goals in an ultimately uncaring and vast universe. At least that's my interpretation

You're not forgetting about it. You're realizing it and being scornful. Idk how scorn=happiness tho so if someone could explain that that'd be great.

Yeah that's kinda the point I think. Camus compares Sisyphus to people working jobs and stuff because the reason they work is ultimately pointless, just like Sisyphus's punishment

yeah the better idea is don't disobey the gods in the first place

prometheus had it coming

rolling for 33

shoulda waited longer fml

*sisyphus

but it applies to prometheus too t.b.h.

>wow, I wonder what will happen once this rock reaches the top

kek

Not an option once you've already done it.

well ya dun goofed at that point and you can try to play pretend about how awesome your punishment is but let me know how that works out

>play pretend about how awesome your punishment is

>become an absurd hero

>absurd
>hero

HA!!