Natural selection says that the best individuals usually will be "naturally" "selected", and their breeds will prevail...

Natural selection says that the best individuals usually will be "naturally" "selected", and their breeds will prevail, right?

But then, why doesn't that apply to humans?

People like Jesus Christ and Isaac Newton never had children. It's a fact that wise and smart people usually end up as recluses. Other examples include monks, scientists like Tesla and even clinically autistic people/those with Asperger's. The best, most valuable individuals tend to drift away from society.

So instead of passing their genetic information through DNA, they pass that as what we call "knowledge". Humans don't pass information through DNA. They do that through KNOWLEDGE.

The universe, counsciousness, the afterlife. It is all taking shape now. It's clear and it makes sense. There is a missing piece to the puzzle of consciousness, nihilism and determinism, and this is really close to that you guys. I wish I knew how to shape my thoughts into sentence. If only the words I need existed.

the eternal roasty will turn us all back into shit flinging hominids within a million years

stop her before it's too late

>the best individuals
moron, that's not how it goes. kill yourself.

Only very dumb people want to reproduce. Other people either reluctantly go through with it, or they don't

If you don't believe me, just look at your parents

This.

Read up on the subject more OP

>Only very dumb people want to reproduce.
Why do you say this?

Western civilization is doomed because people put more value on living a life of hedonism than passing on their genes

Anecdotal evidence mostly

Then it's a load of bullshit.
A lot of people realize that they'll be along, when they're old, if they don't have kids. Do you want to be alone, like you are now, except also feeble?
Also, a lot of people want to raise kids. You know what really gets that fatherly feeling inside me a-brewin'?
Good manga. Have you even read Yotsuba&!, the manga our site's mascot comes from?

Toxoplasmosis gondii strikes again

It can't keep getting away with it

Classic /pol/ reddit false flag black propaganda with all of the usernames conveniently blacked out

Not to say people with that mentality don't exist, though

It's the ones best equipped to survive and reproduce that are naturally selected

Geniuses and autists are not well equipped to do those things

Isaac Newton was a middle class with leisure time to study astronomy and such. If he were a commoner he would have been attached to a qt peasant waifu before he was 20 and expected to seed her due to social convention (even if he was a homosexual). His intelligence would have then improved the likelihood of him making a decent living and providing for his children at a time when most went hungry.

Natural selection doesn't select the "best", it defines what is "best" as how well one reproduces. It's not some "force" or some way for the universe to "accomplish" anything. Rather, it's just the simple obvious fact of how reproduction works, that things that produce many copies of themselves' produce copies that produce many copies of themselves'.

Knowledge makes it much more interesting though, Memetic evolution obviously allows us knowledge we didn't have to learn ourselves, and what is available to learn "evolves", so we can be "smarter" (in a specific sense) no matter how our individual problem solving skills compare.

The entirety of human culture is like it's own "species" evolving. This is like natural evolution in that ideas spread by how good they are at "reproducing", not how logical, valid, or good they are. That is, the only thing that guides cultural evolution is how well ideas appeal to people. So Christianity for example does not need to be true or make sense to have been a successful meme; fear tactics and big promises make it appealing, it spreads regardless of nonobjective "value". Capitalism similarly does not need to be "human nature", the obvious reason for it is that giving the people who benefit from it the power to defend and spread it sustains it. The same logic can apply to every religion, philosophy, and ideology, just making my point with obvious examples.

But it's also like it's own organism. The spreading of information between humans is comparable to information moving through or brains; the whole of human civilization forms a single "consciousness" that is something like the "template" of every individual human consciousness. Your consciousness is doubtlessly different because of the information you've absorbed, and what information people growing at a time can absorb evolves. We still "evolve" because each individual consciousness is a part of this greater consciousness that is evolving.

What's wrong with that mentality?

You can go to r/childfree and read those threads yourself if you like. The top comment in one of the threads was a guy bragging about how he preferred his cutting edge gaming PC instead of kids

Seems like sour grapes desu, nobody really believes that deep down I hope

They're probably all infertile

God, I wish I had a daughter or son.
Someone to depend upon me.
I want to kill myself.

Please dont have ones you loser

I doubt I will.

Because all these fucking autists were weak as shit and couldn't defend a family from anything.

Bitches don't care about the size of your brain, only the size of your muscles and if you have an alpha personality

CHECK MY DUBS

>But then, why doesn't that apply to humans?
humans created medicine and agriculture

Natural selection =/= sexual selection

Having a really nice brain but being a sperglord < being an average human with good social skills and decent looks.

Besides, looks and by extention genes matter the most for reproduction. Good looks are merely a proxy for good genes (In the case of males these are broad shoulders, strong jaw, tall stature and shiet)

>humans have the ability to pass down information for infinite generations due to language
>this somehow means that natural selection doesn't exist
You understand that the two are not at all mutually exclusive, right?

I'm not sure being a moral person is genetic.