Asia's population

So why does Asia have such a higher population compared to the West? My personal guess would be that it's a combo that the Black Plage hit Europe harder killing a lot more people, and the fact Asia took longer to Industrialize, so they kept popping out kids for the farm.

I could be completely wrong though, though curious what Veeky Forums input is on this. Guys probably know more then I.

Rice

/thread

Good climate for growing food and rice, which is a ridiculously nutritious and easy-to-grow crop.

Asia is bigger

I wlasy thought the nutrients value of rice is low.
Don they even add all sorts of nutricious stuff by spreading powder on rice otherwise its almost uselss?

They have lots of other good crops and grains. How else is noodles a thing?

Rice is missing a lot of essential vitamins and minerals, but excellent caloric value for a crop.

This means that while you can't live a good life, it's very easy to sustain a human being in the first place on rice. This is why Asians were all so short until recently. If you eat nothing but rice, you'll grow to be like 5 feet tall.

Because LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT LANDMASS MY MAN GODDAMN

What kind of dickass question is this

...it is big.

Judging from European armor, all Euros were pretty small themselves in the premodern days.

Generally, yes. Height is basically proportionate to the amount of protein in a people's diet, almost linearly. Before modern farming techniques, meat was a rare treat.

America was the first country where beef was a staple food, from the combination of huge depopulated areas, and railroads existing in a temperate climate for the first time.

If I recall correctly Amerigans used to hold the world's tallest belt back in the first half of the 19th cent.

Are you saying romans had less protein to go around even though they sucked each other off 24/7?

How do you even eat rice everyday day after day?

Anyone who has had the displeasure of eating the same food over and over again knows what I'm talking about.

Because its that or die.

Two words, OP
Himalayan Glacier

The run off water from this glacier provides for the bulk of the human population.

They would have been miserable and wretched by our standards

This would be a good point except literally half of that landmass is fucking empty and most of the population is located in coastal China and south Asia.

More fertile soil, historically more advanced agricultural science and on a biological scale Asian bodies are more capable of enduring hard-labor than Caucasoid bodies.

Think again.

CRAZY RICE FARMS
Allowed by large rivers, irrigation and a monsoon climate.

They weren't retards and so probably put some herbs and sauce in their meals. Also they fished, ate dogs and owned cattle, so they occasionally had meat and thus protein.

thats a dam lie im 6 foot

Lack of population density does no equal lack of population. It means that people are more spread out instead of clustered together. For example Iran is the 17th most populous country in the world yet if you judge it by that map alone you'd think that barely anyone lives there.

I'm assuming this is a ruse, but if it isn't:

Asia had a much bigger population than Europe pre-Black Death

Asia was hit about as badly/harder by the Black Death than Europe (can't remember which)

Industrialisation is, simplistically, what caused the boom in European population, and what caused the subsequent boom in Asian population

The answer? Dunno, probably the fact it's ten million square kilometres bigger than the West (45mil to Europe + NAmerica's 35mil) and has better farmland/weather.
Yeah and those population dense areas are fucking massive all by themselves.

Still, Siberia is fucking empty, Russian far east is empty, Mongolia is empty, Arabian peninsula is empty, so is central Asia, the Himalayas, the Tibetan plateau, nobody ficking lives there. All the population is concentrated in China, Japan, ex-British India snd Indonesia.

>Arabian Peninsula
>Cental Asia
>empty
do you have eyes to look at your own pic?

Asia has the most fauna on planet earth its not surprising humans have the highest numbers where meat can be found.

Saudi Arabia is 12th in area and 41st in population so yeah pretty darn empty

>I don't know where Iran is
According to that map half of Iran is red...

Saudi Arabia is not the Arabian peninsula

It's like 3 times the size of Europe?

How do you eat wheat everyday? With a thousand different methods of cooking that's how.

>on a biological scale Asian bodies are more capable of enduring hard-labor than Caucasoid bodies.
Wut. No. A body simple adapts the lifestyle it has threw childhood and adolescence. Europeans can be short, hardy and tough if raised the same.

As opposed to the megacities of Canada, central USA, half of eastern Europe and all of Scandinavia?

Wheat can be harvested once every three years on one field. Rice can be harvested two to three times per year on the same field in warmer climates. Rice provides the highest yield per area per harvest. Rice is extremely labor intensive but also sustains that labor.

>on a biological scale Asian bodies are more capable of enduring hard-labor than Caucasoid bodies.
There is practically no genetic difference between "races" that go beyond phenotypes.

Nigger are you blind?