Who is your favorite WW2 ace? Mine is Hans-Joachim Marseille, the Star of Africa

Who is your favorite WW2 ace? Mine is Hans-Joachim Marseille, the Star of Africa.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Litvyak
youtube.com/watch?v=wKrojpsV5t4
youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mine is Albert-Ulrich New Orleans, the Gulf Bumdriller

Skalski.

These threads are exactly why Veeky Forums was a mistake.

What's wrong with this thread?

It degrades history down to top trumps, ignoring all the other shit that was going on if it's not kekworthy or cool enough. It's not unique to this thread, but by focussing on "BEST BATTLES" "MOST SKILLFUL ACES OF (method of combat)" and the like you take view of history that ignores both all the other shit that happened in the world (it's not all about war guys) and the conditions that allowed it to happen. There's fuck all good threads on ww2 that are about anything other that fact-sheet comparing and anecdotal shit to support retarded arguments. And that's before the nazis and Freeaboos come out the woodwork to sperg out. It reduces history to a point scoring game, to either use it to prove points for today's problems and issues or simply to reduce everything to 'pop-history' that makes this place no different from r_history but with more nigger jokes and holocaust denial.

>being this mad about a vietnamese chip shop menu discussion forum

That and the fact ww2/nazi threads are an actual literal cancer, but hey, nothing's perfect.

Dick Bong, the Dick Bong

So? Some combatants were obviously more skilled than the rest, there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that. WW1 and WW2 dogfights are some of the last bits of warfare that still have that old romantic aura about them, and admiring aces who excelled in those isn't wrong.

skalski is my name
killin nazis is my game

killing Soviets is fun

The solution to that would be to make good threads (where we can then discuss the riveting effects of the 1832 Piedmontese grain tariffs).

Josip Broz Tito !

And they say Women didn't play an important role in WW2.

Saburo Sakai doesn't afraid of anything, including getting machine gunned in the skull, eye surgery with no anesthesia, and talking shit about the Japanese Military.

This is a thread of top warriors not your feelings.

The Soviets had a female flying ace

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Litvyak

You're wrong. This is a good thread.

There is none of this here:

>And that's before the nazis and Freeaboos come out the woodwork to sperg out. It reduces history to a point scoring game, to either use it to prove points for today's problems and issues or simply to reduce everything to 'pop-history' that makes this place no different from r_history but with more nigger jokes and holocaust denial.

Like literally IT HAS NOT FUCKING HAPPENED IN THIS THERAD.

So (you) fuck off and let's enjoy some WW2 Aerial Aces without anyone freaking out about something that is not happening.

Excellent taste. The Kamikaze program was something he until his dying breath, held a massive grudge towards. He also was fed up with the Emperor being free from blame.

Fucking kill yourself. I hate my grandfathers generation for not combating leftist thought and the growing degeneracy after the war. The only Allies I respect are the Poles, Czechs and Chinese.

>destroyed more than 500 soviet tanks in a stuka (basically two armored divisions)
>destroyed big ass soviet battleship Marat
>got wounded in the leg
>had to get the leg amputated
>still flied the missions after nonetheless
>only pilot to receive knights cross with golden oak leaves swords and diamonds

absolute madman, too bad he was such a diehard nazi even after the war.

youtube.com/watch?v=wKrojpsV5t4

I didnt know Emma Watson was a war veteran.

Buck Danny

the sword and oak leaf is so damn aesthetic. I really am a sucker for medals.

youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE

He also did a lot to raise awareness of how brutal the IJA was to it's own soldiers. Things like the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking start making a lot more sense when you learn how the soldiers were treated.

killed nazi fucking shits, broke the sound barrier, what a madman.

I like those honorable aces like Franz Stigler or Sakai. Adds a certain romanticism to the war. I don't really know any American aces, which is sad, I really would like to know more about them.

>The only Allies I respect are the Poles, Czechs and Chinese.
r u me

What kind of people do have favorite WW2 aces? Just interested.

based

Planefags

>dat pic
that's the most American thing I ever read. brb, need to throw up.

Chuck yeah