ITT: Your country...

ITT: Your country, and a person from your country considered "great" or generally formidable in the sense that they were an excellent assent and recognized as such by many people outside of your country.

How far back do you need to go?

>tfw once I use up the revolutionaries I have to go back hundreds and hundreds of years to find someone even semi-noteworthy

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_II,_Duke_of_Orléans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>de Valera's bitch boi
>Great

Might as well have picked Wellington

What about Oscar Wilde

Brazilianfag here.

>Barão do Rio Branco
A brazilian diplomat who, solely through diplomacy, acquired a lot of territory for Brazil. Surely one of the greatest diplomats of all times

No real homeland, but most Hmong consider Vang Pao an idol.

If you need to gauge his commitment to his people, he was arrested by the US government because he was planning to jump back into Laos with a handful of his men and usurp the Pathet Lao. He wanted to end the head hunts for Hmong people carried out by Laotian and Vietnam forces.

They were going to try him and his associates for violating the US Neutrality Act but they had to drop them because convicting Pao would open up a huge can of worms the government had worked hard to seel decades prior.

I think de Valera deserves a spot up there too.
Both of them did some crazy things, which were very impressive.
For example:

>That fucking crack team of assassins Collins assembled to combat british spies, one of which wound up running the country
>That crazy loan they secured from the soviet which involved bundles of cash being hidden under floorboards to fund the rebellion

>de Valera saving Ireland by keeping it neutral during WW2
>Valera going toe to toe with Churchill on the matter and winning

If Collins had lived or de Valera hadn't been so far up the church's asshole, things might be better.

Michael Collins did nothing wrong

He trusted de Valera.

Charles IV is generally loved by both plebians and the elite

>Luxembourgian emperor with Czech mother
>Inherited the devastated kingdom from his warmongering father
>Fixed it all up, and built countless buildings, among which was the first university north of Alps and east of Rhine
>Lots of diplomaticall success as emperor (For example changed the rules for voting for Emperor)
>Diplomatic acquisition of new land (Brandenburg)

The broader view aside, he was pretty much the idea king. Wages almost no war and managed to politically and economically expand during peace.

Australia.
Uh, Gough Whitlam?

Whitlam was fucking shit lmao. Unless you're talking about "internationally recognised" as in attracting the CIA and MI5 for a coup

We have no one desu, Jonny Howard for no gunz?

ar' girl

Blackies (coal miners) forever BTFO

Yeah, I was going for international recognition with the crisis and the whole greenlight for Indonesia's invasion of East Timor thing.

nice b8

Eat a deepfried Twix bar you smackhead

Fuck off union scum. The North can go suck a fat one
>Tfw coal mines are never coming back

Only other choice for Ireland would been Boru, really
>Big Mike was never Taoiseach
;_;

Never heard about that soviet money thing, pretty cool.

Ireland and communism was almost a big meme
>that time Limerick proclaimed itself a soviet state
Wack

It was the sickest shit and to this day everyone is confused as to how the fuck he managed to nail it along with all the other financial fuckery

>£400,000 was raised all together
>£25,000 worth of this was in literal gold
>The loan was declared illegal by the brits, and was lodged in individual accounts of trustees
>The gold was hidden underneath the floorboards of Collins's mate's house
>The Russian Republic ordered the Soviety Bereau in NYC to get a national loan through the Irish Republic, offering jewels as collateral
>The jewels sat in a safe in Dublin and got forgotten because everyone who knew they were there ended up dead, arrested or otherwise occupied
>Some faggot found them by accident in 1932

To this day it baffles me how the fuck Ireland ran their shit in such a bizarre, janky way and yet managed to pull it off

Last decent leader we had. Managed to secure us a place at the winners table. United us at the end of the war when civil war was looming. Came back once he was needed, rebuild our status as a great power.

People like you are why I can't wait to watch toffs die in gulags.

Pretty much invented realpolitik. Promised to BTFO all enemies of France, and did exactly that.

Napoleon III is criminally underrated because liberal authors tarnished his reputation and the whole Franco-Prussian war thing.

The one and only
Not even a Monarcuck, but Petey did a damn good job of trying to modernize the country. He endded up doing very little to actually bring it up as a Western power, mainly because he firmly believed in preserving both peace and order, but he's one of the main responsibles for putting a backwater agricultural country at the end of the world in the global stage.

Vauban, right ?

Nope, Philippe of Orléans, Louis XV's regent.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_II,_Duke_of_Orléans

>inb4 butthurt G*rmans

Not sure how much I'm influenced by the country's education and possible propaganda

Skanderbeg probably
If you wanna go out on a limb you could say Enver Hoxha, a true bastion of Leninist ideals, everyone in the country was poor except him. Truly equal

Further proof that the Katyn Massacre was a very, very good thing.

And here you go, first ruler of a somewhat unified Gaul for a bit until he got BTFO.

Gauls didn't have writing system, and what they wrote using Greek and Latin scripts is very rare. So there's no way to know about earlier great rulers.

T. edgy neckbeard who would never even engage in violence

>I
>AM
>SILLY!

Face the truth, polack

Poland stronk

are Nige

Triggered

Bow to the might of my ancestors.

Imagine how great it must've been to be Michael Collins. Your whole family has been doing the underground republican meme for a couple centuries and you're finally the guy who gets it done. Must've felt great.

Why'd you want half of england to fail? I'm a southerner and that's just fucking retarded.
>tfw brother travelled across europe and the only time he had any harm was from robbers in london

Olof Palme of Sweden
Was born in the upper class but spent his life fighting for equality. Was known for being a truly excellent speaker, and for his incredible humbleness and spine. Murdered in the 80's in front of his wife. Case never solved.

>Veeky Forums is not a french board

>Murdered in the 80's in front of his wife. Case never solved.

Probably CIA. He was after all, pro-Vietcong.

>The guy who started the swedish mass immigration policy
Good choice user, truly the last geat swedish leader

I guess on the scale of history you don't have to go that far back.

>implying helping refugees is not the humanitarian thing to do

Check your morals, user.