What part of Europe has historically had the least culture

What part of Europe has historically had the least culture

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poznań
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gord_(archaeology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you quantify culture?

It's all pretty cultured DESU senpai

N*rway

oh please

France

non-meme answer: Where the population density has been lowest

So finland(?)

Norway. It's literally just an extension of Denmark, existing only to make Sweden butthurt.

Probably. Finland is basically Sweden but with a fuck-ton of immigrants speaking a strange non-Swedish language.

Balkans. Its the cultural black hole.

England

>the land of shakespeare and wordsworth has no culture

Italy

Finland. Literally knockoff Sweden with a meme language

All those shitty frozen mountains with no people on them.

Why?

>fuck ton of immigrants speaking non-swedish language
So Sweden

Anglo-Saxon England.

>the land of Shakespeare and literally who

lmao, every time. England literally just has this one guy.

Moldova

threads like this are what keep me away from Veeky Forums.

South-Eastern Europe

Not even meming, but Germany

Almost every country in the Balkans is a meme country

Macedonia is just Bulgaria 2 (although they might have an Albanian majority by now)
Kosovo is just another Albania
Montenegro is a second Serb state
Bosnia is not even a country, it's just a territory where everyone speaks Serbo-Croatian but they follow three religions

Hell, even Serbs and Croatians aren't really different, they just follow a different sect and write the same language with different letters.

It's really telling when Albanians are the one group of people that most resemble an actual nation in the region.

Honestly the only places in Europe that have culture are France and Italy.

he types, in English

Is this bait? It's a melting pot of diversity

Balkans. It's a derivative of Turkish "culture" at best.

Why?

Finland's native culture was largely destroyed by Swedes and Russians. Independent Finland would have become like Japan.

France, scoring at 10.4 cultures, beating Italy by 0.3 points

culture can't be quantified you mong

>Balkans
>diverse

It's not even "diverse". They're just have very similar variations of the same thing, which are hailed as super-diverse because they happen to belong to different "ethnic" groups. Everything from clothes, to food to music is almost indistinguishable. Even the way they are nationalistic is the same.
If you ignored the boundaries you would see it's basically the same thing.

No thanks to them, French was the lingua franca during their colonial period, if today we r talking english is thanks to USA

Poland and other Slavish countries.

and yes England got lot of culture, not as much as the mediterraneans but more than the nordics or slavs

How turkish are the balkans ? I've only been to Slovenia and Croatia and they didn't seem to be "turkish"at all.

I've heard that Albania is like a mini-turkey though.

>RE4 is what Japs think Spain looks like
lol. And people complained about RE5 being in Africa.

Finland.

It could be one of those isolated villages like Puerto Urraco or whatever. Heck, the North Coast have real Cthulu vibes some times, with lots of tales of mermaids of all kinds abducting people etc.

Literally a mix of French and German words made relevant by Americans...

>Poland
You're retarded.

>he doesnt know who william wordsworth is

If you dont know all of the Romantic poets, you need to leave my Veeky Forums

What would you qualify as culture and meassure it though?

memes

Three Contenders
gypsies
Ghetto Jews
Sami

Funny how post a picture which takes place in fictional rural Spain, as if the countryside and small villages don't have culture. If anything they have the most authentic culture of all.

Finland confirmed for greatest culture.

jesus christ

It honestly is a lot different tho
Balkans may seem similar but the languages are sooo different from each other.
Music is sort of similar but when you break down to the original cultural instruments the Albanian qiftelia and the Serb accordion are two completely different beasts. Hell, even in JUST Albania there are different instruments by region.
As for food, it varies but not by much, personally I blame the Turks.

>william "plagiarism&sex jokes" shakespeare
>culture

ireland, sweden

I'd like to see you write anything better, fag.

Germany

What defines culture? Like all places produce cultute, africans living in mud huts would be culture in some shitty way? Or am i mistaken? Serious question i feel stupid asking it.

everything ppl make is culture more or less

you are incredibly stupid

Isolated mountains, marshlands, rocky islands in the middle of nowhere.

>waah muh british empire made english the lingua franca

You fags are aware that most common variation of English spoken among non-native speakers is based on the American English.

Because its simpler. That doesn't mean it wasn't Britain who exported it.

Would there have been an America there if it wasn't for the Brits?

>Cthulhu vibes

Tell me more

>Shakespeare
>plagiarism

>All of Spain is Madrid, Barcelona or Ibiza.
wew

>shakespeare
Can you mention a none overrated meme writer?

Tolkien

Scandinavia in general.

BE is more often taught AE is more often spoken.

It's because of movies, I shit you not. Last time I've been to Britain of all countries I could hear American pronunciation of "can", all coming from white people which suggests that they were in fact English.

Byron.

>Independent Finland would have become like Japan.
Importing all their culture from the bigger country in the west?
>

There is no definition, at least not the way it's being used here. People are just joking around /int/ style. It's impossible to not have culture unless a people just laid around comatose and never interacted with each other.

Yes, Poland. The only reason Cracow became 'important' in terms of prosperous at one point was because Germans settled there and implented it in the Hansa trade organization. As soon as the city left the Hansa and expelled the Germans, the city immediately declined.

You're a retarded kraut. Kraków became an important and prosperous city after the capital of Poland was moved from Poznań to it. Germans didn't implement it into the Hanseatic League, it was a Polish city and the capital of Poland, the Polish king did, besides the whole Baltic was in the league. Kraków declined after the capital was moved to Warsaw in 1596 fucktard.

oy vey anudda dresden

WE

Scandinavia

And I say this as a Dane

Our oldest buildings are stone churches about 1000 years old

Most recognized cultural advances were from 1800 and forward

Our first international pop group was AQUA in the 90's

We do have a hell of a lot of burial mounds scattered around, but they ´simply look like tiny hills

Swede here.
The fault of a Jewish cult that was forced upon us, not the Scandinavians.
Wrong.
Wrong on both.
One of them, definitely.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Fuck off, Europe haters

like this guy said, there's not way not to generate some sort of 'culture' unless the people partaking in a very specific group are all immobile against their will and not allowed to even interact with each other.
The word 'culture' is a very broad term that even academics have had trouble defining it for many years. It involves beliefs, customs, ideologies, language or even subcultures generating within that specific culture.
You cannot say that England has 'no culture' because even if there is a mixture of nationalities and a mixture of culturally defined set of rules and language, beliefs and ideologies then that counts as culture.

This thread is pointless because there is no place on earth that doesn't have any type of 'culture' and I assume that any anons that are educated on the matter agree with me.
I/m sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I'm drunk as a motherfucker but I know for sure that someone will clarify this further.

>In about 1249, Duke Przemysł I began constructing what would become the Royal Castle on a hill on the left bank of the Warta. Then in 1253 Przemysł issued a charter to Thomas of Guben (Gubin) for the founding of a town under Magdeburg law, between the castle and the river. Thomas brought a large number of German settlers to aid in the building and settlement of the city – this is an example of the German eastern migration (Ostsiedlung) characteristic of that period.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poznań

Foreign leaders couldn't force the Hanseatic league to accept members. Also the Baltic members predominantly inhabited by Germans at that time.

Culture exists everywhere in the world, there is no measuring as to how much or little a place has. Whether a place loses its heritage culture is another matter, but its adoption of whatever new culture it has its a culture of its own.

You can't quantify culture.

Any other reply is meme

Sweden takes the cake then

italian spotted

It is a good though, why?

I wanna say Luxembourg.

Huh what?

>born in South Africa
Try again

>Then in 1253 Przemysł issued a charter to Thomas of Guben (Gubin)
Germanised Slavs.
>Thomas brought a large number of German settlers to aid in the building and settlement of the city
Poles were always the majority in Poznan throughout its whole history.
>this is an example of the German eastern migration (Ostsiedlung) characteristic of that period.
A mistake, followed by inviting the Teutons to northern Poland.
>Foreign leaders couldn't force the Hanseatic league to accept members.
There was no forcing by tard. Hanseatic cities traded with each other and made more profit by being in that league, thus of course Polish cities were let in while being major European trading hubs.
>Also the Baltic members predominantly inhabited by Germans at that time.
Except most Polish cities inhabited predominantly by Poles, Livonian by Balts, and Swedish by Swedes.

But yet it attracted you enough, that you posted in it.

You sound like a moron tbqh familirarrareera

>Wrong on both.
He has a point, both countries are totally overwhelmed by Hollywood MTV culture spread through the TV and media.

Both actively try to destroy their cultures.

>Germanised Slavs.
Maybe, maybe not. So much about the standing of Polish culture among nobles.

>Poles were always the majority in Poznan throughout its whole history.
Doubtful, for it had many German majors
>A mistake, followed by inviting the Teutons to northern Poland.
Good for civilization, for the rest of Poland remained a backwards shithole
>There was no forcing by tard. Hanseatic cities traded with each other and made more profit by being in that league, thus of course Polish cities were let in while being major European trading hubs.
It was a federation of German merchants. Hint: Cracow had German major at its peak and all major buildings had been designed by Germans (except for the palace)
>Except most Polish cities inhabited predominantly by Poles, Livonian by Balts, and Swedish by Swedes.
Yes, but Hansa cities weren't.

forgot random pic

>So much about the standing of Polish culture among nobles.
Economic reasons. The more people the more trade and income from taxes.
>Doubtful, for it had many German majors
So what if few Poles with German ethnicity were majors? The Poznan had always a Polish majority throughout its whole history and it's the cradle of the Polish state.
>for the rest of Poland remained a backwards shithole
It did not, Poland was a rich country in the middle ages and later during the renaissance period it had its Golden Age and was a powerhouse in Europe.
>Cracow had German major at its peak and all major buildings had been designed by Germans
All buildings have not been designed by Germans you idiot. You don't know what you even talking about.
>Yes, but Hansa cities weren't.
Yes, Polish Hansa cities like Kraków were predominantly inhabited by Poles.

>Maybe, maybe not.
There is nothing to argue about.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gord_(archaeology)

Spanish and Portugal. They used to be the same country, so if you ignore that part of their history, you'd only go back, like, 600 years of history.

>he doesnt listen to csango folk music

FILTHY ANGLO BLOOD

probably hungarians