How do we stop them Veeky Forums?

How do we stop them Veeky Forums?

>implying that isn't the 90% of the fags on this board
Only difference is they're mongoloidian shiteskin shiksa

Stop being fucking fruitloops, then there's no reason for American style obnoxious atheists to exist

American atheists are retarded but imo it's legitimate push back from the equally retarded American Protestants.

>Stephen Fry
>literally a comedy actor who has the answers and his lines given to him for QI

The real shame about this picture is hardly anyone ever notices the ceiling cat in the background

>implying these atheists still exist
All the youtube ones have moved onto the le sjw menace, and I barely see any of this type of Veeky Forums.

We're here just not as obnoxious as the new christfags are. We did that shit a decade ago, let someone else make an ass of themselves now.

I, for one, think it would be hilarious if Islamfags evolved in reaction to Christfags, the same way Christfags developed in reaction to atheists.

A bullet to their brains.

Very Christian of you

Your right.

Admittedly, I often shill Islam on Veeky Forums.

crine

>Nah man, we stopped being fedoras a decade ago.
>Never mind all the fedora post on Veeky Forums alone in the last week.

Same. It's fun to do it on /pol/. See how many posts agree with you until someone realizes you're just shilling Islamic values.

This type of reactionary anti-theism is a result of teenage "ideological epiphanies". Many people go through such phases (wehraboos who only choose the axis in online fps, "anarchists" who have it all figured out, communism has never been tried types etc.) Most people grow out of them and become more ideologically diverse as their worldview expands I guess. What is there to do about it? I will give you that they are cringy.

>people need to irrationally hate everything to do with islam
wew. Perhaps some of the many values of Islam are okay in the minds of many people?

The only thing Chrisfags grew in relation to was expanding broadband internet access into bumfuck nowhere.

Awesome! What anime is this charcter from?

The Bush Years were comfy

More than some, pretty much all of them. The only problem /pol/ nazis have with Shariah law is that it's not Christian, but they don't have the self-awareness to realize this and think that Islam is the complete opposite of their values.

New Atheism is so weird. Atheism has been around for awhile but suddenly a couple white guys write some books with entry level arguments and are applauded. And then they go weird and start hating on the humanities and arts because of the post-modern bogey man. I mean the way Dawkins and Harris are so ignorant and dismissive of philosophy is perplexing.

Dude I'm not an athiest but it's cringy as fuck when you got a texan with a silver spoon in his mouth non-ironically talking about his literalist beliefs on live television, and that person just so happens to be the POTUS.

There's being deeply religious, and then there's pandering.

It certainly is perplexing, but it's also sad and frightening. They're blind in one eye so to speak. They don't question their presuppositions, they won't even acknowledge them. There are simply facts, and non-facts in their eyes. Trying to get one of them to even attempt to comprehend the difference between knowledge, fact, truth, and certainty is a nightmare; the recent podcast of Harris and Jordan Peterson highlights this.

It's not only cringy, but it's dangerous to go about thinking this way. You can do horrible horrible things and they be perfectly rational.

Christcucks are much more cringeworthy, desu

>"Dayus vault xDD"
>"muh Konstantinopolis should be in Christian hands!"
>"Western leaders are cucks because they won't declare a Crusade to take back muh Holy Land!"

There is literally nothing wrong with the increasing secularization of the developed world.

lmao Christfags will call literally everything a fedora post as long as that in any way implies that the poster is not religious

>There is literally nothing wrong with the increasing secularization of the developed world.

Sure, but your greentext examples are pretty strawman-tier.

Philosophy is absolutely useful because it provides us with presuppositions through which to act, and allows us to examine and question those presuppositions. Also, religious experience can easily be divorced from dogma.

Religion and Mythology mainly teach one thing: How to act, how to conduct yourself through life's inevitable problems.
Now you don't do this by following dogma, which is just a list of rules essentially, you get the answer from the vary parts which people want to dismiss, the fairy tale aspects of religion. OBVIOUSLY they aren't historical events or scientific ideas, they're mythological tales told through dream imagery. Viewed in that light, and not through the lens of empirical scrutiny, the stories make perfect sense.

6000x this

>Viewed in that light, and not through the lens of
empirical scrutiny, the stories make perfect sense.

The problem is that most people fully believe that those fairy-tale aspects of religion are literal truth, and feel justified in imposing their arbitrary rules garnered from those fairy-tales on the non-religious. I live in the U.S., and you bet I've seen it all: Christcucks supporting 'dry county' laws, voting to close community health clinics (simply because they happened to provide free condoms), protesting at schools because the school district decided to teach evolution and voting to decrease funds for the schools, etc. etc.

So no, I don't have a positive view of religion, and know fully well that the lessons one could garner from Christianity are useless to the actual Christians, since they only focus on the fairy-tale aspects and ignore those lessons that are too inconvenient for them to follow.

Besides, the moral lessons you're talking about aren't even exclusive to Christianity. Even Greek myths can impart those moral lessons.

>fedora

This pretty much has lost most of its weight, considering most people on the Internet are irreligious/atheist. Only reactionary Christfags use it as their default ad hominem, and it's about as lame as someone posting "Trollface.jpg" today.

>You can do horrible horrible things and they be perfectly rational.

What's wrong with that?

You sound upset sport.

>Jordan Peterson

I couldn't understand why Harris couldn't comprehend what Peterson was saying.

Although, Peterson's sneaking teleology into Darwinian theory was repulsive.

>Although, Peterson's sneaking teleology into Darwinian theory was repulsive

I assume it's his foot in the door tactic to get people on board. There's a saying in stand-up, If they can buy the bit, then they'll buy the premise.

I'm not saying he's being underhanded but I do think he takes who he's talking to into account when discussing new ideas or presuppositions.

Because you can become a tool of manipulative malicious forces if you dismiss morality or philosophy.

t.fedora

nice laughs

is that supposed to be Constantine?

You're right. I can empathize, I'm not form here, but I live in Alabama at the moment and it's a lot of what you describe. There are pockets of sane people but the majority are swayed by ideology in one form or another.

Ideology is the real culprit here. Religion can and has been turned into a destructive ideology very easily time and time again throughout history. If all religion were actively wiped out the same problems and shitty behavior would still exist just in the form of some other ideology like marxism, far-left/far-right politics, militant atheism, radical racial supremacists, etc.

I don't think we can ever get rid of ideology, its just the ugly side of a beneficial human trait: the ability to get wrapped up and devoted to something.

>mountain dew in the backround
If anyone tells you stereotypes aren't real, show them this picture.

They're just a slight refinment of the same formula. It's like that famous quote they like to bandy about. The only difference between a new atheist, and a protestant minister is he counts one more splinter group and teaching lies.

Larpers are worse than fedoras.

Those are just roleplayers.

The funny thing is that because of Pope Francis liberal views, many of them are using Orthodox Church as their new meme religion.

About the second part, I can also agree. I'm not suggesting Christianity is the GOAT but it is the Religion/Mythology with the biggest influence in the west, as well as the Greeks and Romans. Hinduism, just for instance, is a perfectly valid mythology to follow. If you believe the myths literally and see them as historical facts you're just as mistaken.

The point is that we would make a grave mistake should we entirely dismiss religious experience merely because it's expressed through metaphor and isn't historical fact.

>The point is that we would make a grave mistake should we entirely dismiss religious experience merely because it's expressed through metaphor and isn't historical fact.
the thing is most people in history, including often those who wrote the scriptures, did take it seriously. I have no problem if you want to see it as a metaphor but that doesn't mean that literal interpretations are simply the result of rural dumbfucks like mid-western protestants. allegorical interpretation has always been around, but it has always been limited to a few individuals. Origin, for example, is often cited for his allegorical interpretations of scripture, but he is not representative of the views of the entirety of the early christian intellectual tradition and was later derided as a heretic.

>that doesn't mean that literal interpretations are simply the result of rural dumbfucks like mid-western protestants. allegorical interpretation has always been around, but it has always been limited to a few individuals

This is the point of monasteries, the monks understand the esoteric meanings while the common people only understand the exoteric. Its really no different than primitive societies with the men's societies or the tribal shamans that know all the tribal stories and have an understanding of their meaning beyond their denotation. It's just a fact of being human. We can't get rid of it without losing something of our humanity, even if it's ugly some of the time.

um you are ignoring that christian monks for nearly all of time have taken scripture to not be purely allegorical, even today. perhaps a catholic monk with say that the beginning of Genesis was a metaphor, but no way in hell will you get him to say that Christ wasn't literally raised from the dead. you probably couldn't even find one that doesn't think the Exodus or invasion of Canaan didn't actually happen.

>This is the point of monasteries, the monks understand the esoteric meanings while the common people only understand the exoteric

Even the monks and so-called scholars believed the Biblical narrative to have been literal...

I suppose I meant the mystics and hermits, not the clergy. Monk was not the choice word

>Stephen Fry

oh you mean the people that weren't part of the church establishment? no shit. how are these people an authority on """""""true"""""" religion and how to correctly read scripture?

delet this

>mfw Harris tries to blame religion for most wars in Human History
His arguments for a Materialistic world view based on Neurosciences are fascinating and worth considering, but holy shit he needs to stay away from military history, or at least stop trying to demonize all religion as a root cause of war are based on an incredibly idiotic assumption.

Forgot face.

Islam is probably the most suitable religion for /pol/fags anyway

I'd agree with Harris about the most brutal wars being fought over ideology. He only sees religions as the problem but like I keep saying its just ideology in general that's parasitic and malign. I assume people like Harris are just frustrated as hell about people using religion as a tool of terror throughout time that they just want to throw out the baby with the bathwater and be done with it.

Greed, resources, etc start wars all the time but only Ideology could cause you to genocide and entire people.

Just in case someone wants to start a witch hunt, the kid in the photo and the guy who made the photoshop might not be the same. There was a thread on reddit in which one said he was that kid and didn't make this, another said he met that kid and said he was an asshole. Neither had convincing evidence IMO.

Nah bruh, Milo said Islam killed more people than car crashes, so it's true.