H.P Lovecraft

What does Veeky Forums think of H.P Lovecraft?

He was cuck afraid of a lot of things. Basically a neet of his time. But he was talented at least.

Sounds like me. Thats why i think i like him so much because i can relate to him so damm much

100% sure he would have posting on /pol/ if he were born 100 years later.

He had a very unique and powerful idea of what horror should be. Rather than the typical monster that wants to harm or eat you, his idea of horror was something that was incomprehensible, maddening, all-powerful, and a threat to not only a person's sanity, but the very worth and existence of humanity itself. That being said, his prose is kind of crappy, but the uniqueness of his world counteracts this.

Basically what said. Shitty prose but very interesting ideas.

Basically he couldn't handle the modernism. His kind of horror doesn't phase people as much anymore because some of the ideas he found scary were just things we've gotten used to accepting and don't even mind, like the idea that humans don't have a particularly important place in the universe.

I think he belongs to Veeky Forums

wee bit triggered that they removed his likeness from that horror author award because he had average 19th century new england views on blacks.

thats the future for ya

He's excellent. I read almost all his works. I actually enjoy his style for being unique, even if somewhat repetitive. Music of Erich Zann a best. That being said, this is probably a better question for Veeky Forums.

I think op wanted to know what Veeky Forums specifically thought.

On the Creation of Niggers

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove’s fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th’Olympian host conceiv’d a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

>reactionary new england anglophile
>married a jewess from NYC

Not sure this thread belongs here but whatever its better than having another Nazi or religion thread.

His prose can be a slog to get through but he undeniably pioneered the genre of horror. When you start reading his works you can easily see his influence in modern horror productions.

His short stories are fairly enjoyable and you see really early on his fascination with the idea of multiple realities, dreamscapes, and madness/hereditary curses.

These both answers are correct. He was a manchild unable to lead a normal life.
Time has proven his work to be influential in his genre, so he was at least good in what he did.

Based

>neet
>writer

Do you know what neet means?

That fish people shit is real.

You ever been to one of those terrifyingly inbred sleepy seaside New England towns?

sheerfuckinghorror.jpeg

I'm a huge fan. At least he did something productive with his xenophobia.

Fun fact, the fishpeople thing was based on Lovecraft's horror at discovering that he was half welsh.

You know this dude is a peter puffer

Satanist too.

T. Known Boss

/pol/ on steroids. He became depressed and locked himself away for a week because he saw a black man walk down his street.

>and down this realy scary corridor that was dark and smelled like immigrants there was this thing
>but the thing was realy scary tho
>like it was so seriously terrifying scary it cannot into words even as its put into words
>like unimaginable scary
>like imagine you saw something and you went omg thats so horrifying im just going mad now-scary, yea it was that scary plus it had tentacles
>also there was goo everywhere and it was yuck
>oh no its here again i cant finish writing this now arghaaa

Rich people always marry other rich people. Since Jews always have money that usually translate to goys marrying Jews. See Donald Trump. For a more historical example, 1/3 of the Spanish nobility are Jews.

Overrated fad.

Anglos are the true merchants.

He named his cat "Nigger-Man"
Good guy

Kek

Lovecraft was a talentless hack, as well as a LARPing reactionary.

His only good pieces are - unsurprisingly - those that he wrote while consciously trying to emulate the style of better writers than him, such as Dunsany and Poe.

But Lovecraft was broke as fuck for like 2/3 of his life

lmao he looks like an inbred sheepfucker
>niggers are inferior to us strong, intelligent, healthy whites

He was pretty intelligent though. There's no need to virtue signal about his racist attitudes.

your shitpost might have more value if he was just another butthurt NEET but he genuinely left a huge impact on genre fiction.

A lot of philosophers were NEETs back then

Literal autism, also was a /pol/fag who married a Jew

Writing wise on the shoulder of giants but can deny his significance in horror is huge. Also very likely to browse Veeky Forums if he were alive today shiposting up lit pol and x

meme

I think he found the fact that mental illness ran in his family and that both of his parents died in a mental ward (Dad with syphilis, Mom for "hysteria) had more to do with it than the fact he wasn't a pure anglo.

If you think pulp schlok like the Dream Quest and Silver Key are Lovecraft's best you're delusional. Good Lovecraft started in late 1928.