There are still people who seriously invest in stocks in 2017

>there are still people who seriously invest in stocks in 2017

Why?

I don't know sempai. But I'd rather have normies still wasting their money while I pump more money into my coins.

remember those pasty computer nerds from the 90s who dropped out of college and ended up getting rich?

that's us now

"Risk". If stock die, growth/economy dies. Investing in stocks using coins that have the potential to be dumped could destroy countries and make cypto-warefare real on economic level

>buy $50 worth of ETH on Coinbase
>send it to Bittrex wallet
>30 seconds later the deposit still hasn't been registered
BECAUSE CRYPTO IS A FUCKING SCAM HOLY SHIT

Because of hilarious social inertia. It's the same reason normies will be left holding the bags long, long after we've gone

I can't remember why I thought it was a good idea

This, and in part because I'm not willing to put more than 1% of my portfolio into crypto. If the crypto I have in moons, then great. In the mean time, I'm content to get an average of 12% annually for far less risk in my equities and live off the interest. I'm 36, retiring in a couple months anyway. Crypto is a fun hobby for me, nothing more.

I'm into penny stocks, Forex, commodities, BTC, ETH, SYS, SC, LTC

Learn the ropes and diversify I say

>send money across the world
>30 seconds later it's not there
>WHERE DID IT GO?????

Fucking this. I think people who say you'll lose money by trying to master investing in everything are idiots. I want to be able to focus on many different markets so I can go where the money is.

>Put 10% of my money in crypto
>A month later it fucking explodes and is worth about 20 times more (I got kinda lucky)
Well shit now it's obviously a huge part of my portfolio. I don't want to simply withdraw it, I want it to grow even more

I don't need to rebalance, but I would if I were you. That's just me though. I don't want to be left without a chair when the music stops... And it will stop.

I remember being a stock fag and thinking 5% yearly returns were god-tier.
Now I'm making 30x in crypto and laughing at nocoiners and their weak gains.

yayy

Hey man trumpcoin is literally like 5 seconds bro hon. Its basically instantly because thats how long it takes to load your webpage fucking faggot
MAGA bitch MAGA mother fucker.

anyways

ya all crypto is a scam though for realz
jk

I did the same thing on accident. Had no idea what DGB was but put 10K in it when it was still low. I don't think results like this were meant to happen... I sold all of it at 1200sats. Still happy.

>drumpfcoin
Ew no thanks

With DGB I'm simply waiting until June 8th and selling then, almost regardless of price, because I'm convinced whales are "buy the rumor sell the news" planning to do the same thing and half of Veeky Forums will be left bagholding because they expect coins to moon after long-awaited events break out.

I have always lamented that I could have made so much more in this market if I didn't keep so much of my crypto portfolio in cash hesitantly waiting to buy in. But I keep a big part of those profits as a cash reserve in the event of a huge dip or crash so that I can buy in and watch it grow. If it ever really became life-changing money, though, I'd rebalance completely into something safer. But I am kind of nervous about it.

I think it's Dickson Watts that said to "always sell down to a sleeping point" so I try to follow that.

Because it's a great way to store money in the longterm that is stable and not as volatile as crypto?

Because it's basically guaranteed free money? Unlike crypto which is a high chance of tons of profit, but a decent chance of going completely broke

I can see the benefits of this.

OP may as well be a stock investor saying "LOL WHO WOULD EVER INVEST IN BONDS". It's a lower-risk investment with lower rewards.

I do, however, that crypto is absolutely worth the risk, whereas gambling for example is not.

This. People who say that crypto is going to replace fiat are premature idiots at this point.

I'd like for them to prove me wrong because even if crypto takes over 10% of transactions in the world, every BTC would be worth at LEAST 1,000,000 USD but I don't see it happening within 50 years, there's too many things that rely on the stability of the USD

Oh yeah the people who unironically believe Bitcoin will be the only currency in the world in their lifetime are idiots. I can't stand the people who swear by BTC and I kind of hope something else comes along and replaces it just to spite them. For now, though, I'll take as much money out of this system as I can.

The people who swear their lives to believing in this thing are usually ridiculous and half the time don't even know what's going on in the blockchain tech center outside of BTC.

it's not stable any more. the fed literally just pumped trillions of dollars after the 2007 crash. the credit rating of the US dropped. when this next stock market crash happens it's going to be rough.

nice troll post

BTC is a nice reserve for cash kind of like gold but much more volatile and a cool hobby for a lot of people. Blockchain technology is an amazing way to transfer currency and will probably be widely adapted in loads of industries in the future. It's awesome technology.

Thinking BTC will become the only currency in the world and a standard for global economies is downright retarded.

>OP may as well be a stock investor saying "LOL WHO WOULD EVER INVEST IN BONDS"
Lol ya

Crypto is a young man's game, where we can risk everything because we don't have much

Older boomers and seniors? No way in hell crypto is a good idea for them, they don't have time to wagecuck for more money, so their best investment method is stocks and bonds, more bonds the older they get. Maybe 5% crypto for fun if they're rich, but if you think this is a good place to put most of your money you're fooling yourself

Follow John Bogle's advice:
-Put your age% into low fee bond index funds, or age-10% if you're above average rich and want to be risky for more gains
-Put the rest in low fee stock index funds, S&P500 or Wilshire 5000
-Take 5% of your money as "fun money" to play around with and put into speculative stocks, crypto, whatever you want. You might make decent gains, or you might convince yourself that it's a better idea to put it all back into the index funds

Have fun anons and don't be stupid here. Make sure to hold SOME crypto though.

Just made a thread for this here:

Because I want to 100% for sure have savings to retire on, no matter what ends up happening to my crypto portfolio

Pic related, making sure you won't have to worry a lot in old age is very easy if you commit in advance

But user. You're the bag holder.

I'm not fan of the Fed, but at least the USD can only be manipulated by the Fed. Any of crypto coin can be manipulated by any country or organization in the world with enough money. Decentralization is a buzzword when it doesn't actually help.
I see crypto's only real purpose not as currency, but as an anonymous vehicle of transport for currency. The government can take away that anonymity though, and rightfully so. If you have to give your identity to open a bank or paypal account, then the same should be applied to crypto.

>Follow John Bogle's advice
Sounds like /r/personalfinance

We getting rich here
You don't get rich on the Wilshire 5000 and 401ks

You don't get rich on 401ks?

You don't get rich on tax advantaged accounts with employer match? I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about, if you don't utilize your 401k you're literally retarded. And if you don't have one with at least 50% employer match, get a better job

Because there is literally no difference between the coin meme and a Ponzi-scheme. Your value comes from other people hyping it and buy it in the hopes of being able to sell it at a higher price.

There sure are some stocks like that too, however most of them get their increase in price from underlining revenue. At least the once that I am holding.

Also, I bet most people here who invest in Crypto only lose a few thousand Dollars at most if it bust.

You're literally just wrong though

Crypto brings amazing utility to the table

-Cheap transactions of any size
-Reliable storage in the hands of the user not a trusted third party. Crypto is stored in your brain if you memorize your password
-Decentralization
-Deflationary

It's a new currency

That is not what I said. I said that the value comes from you wanting other people to pay more for it then you did. Without it being any better then it was when you first got it.

Do you really think that a "normie" would by a dogcoin, Etheriumcoin or colourcoin when they they could use the banks PtP transfers, paypal or maybe even Amazoncoin. If anything they are going to use Amazoncoin, Applecoin or Googlecoin.

I'm thinking weedstocks are the last bastion of the stock market for me. Might do vanguard if I have millions from my crypto and weedstocks.

Look at crypto currency stocks

BTSC
GBTC

Mad gains

that's great advice if you are a boomer or otherwise rich

everyone gets paid shit for wages now and thus your gains in index funds won't even fund your fucking retirement

have fun slaving away until your dead

even spending 1 month in crypto will put you 5 years ahead in compound interest

>10%

Diversification, lower risk level, you don't need to babysit it to make sure some chink isn't dumping everything and leaving you bagholding.

I plan to move a bit of my earnings into stocks once I reach a certain goal. If the crypto bubble crashes overnight, I will still be ahead of my original investment. Plus, I'm pretty sure with what I have learned about TA on crypto I can also apply it and do well on stocks.

I still invest in fiat stocks, but mainly dividend paying blue chips.

Because unlike an alt-coin, banks are here to stay for the forseeable future, (10-20 years).

I plan to diversify and put 500k into low-risk index just in case coins get BTFO'd, but still keep raking in money through coin trades.

What site is that?