You were excited because you thought this was going to be a monero thread, and you've been holding monero forever

you were excited because you thought this was going to be a monero thread, and you've been holding monero forever

instead, this is a thread asking why the fuck monero has stagnated so bad. yes i know about fluffyfaggot's "hilarious" prank the other week.

Other urls found in this thread:

getmonero.org/design-goals/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

already sold and bought stratis

but now it doesnt even have enough volume to suggest that it's shitting the bed.... its just sitting there, totally stalled out. look at all the gaps in the graph. i havent seen such a lack of interest since 5 minutes before DIEM got delisted

Joking right? It literally doubled in a months time poor fags need not apply to real coins pls go

i bought 18 months ago at $10. held through the $4 dip, and still held when it pumped last month.

the difference now is that it's the volume that's tapered off

Look on the graph, the volume is always low before a surge.

lol what the hell have i just stirred up

> why the fuck monero has stagnated so bad
maybe people learned their lesson?

>people learned their lesson?
Look through Veeky Forums and rethink.

why is it not on bittrex?

STRAT just took a huge dip. How does it feel, being a bagholder?

Isn't there a xmr/btc pair?
It's one of the main coins on polo.

i feel like ever since i made this thread, some lonely whale has taken it upon himself to heave xmr out of the ditch

Bitterponzi can fuck off with his personal pump and dump shitcoin

I like the slow and steady surge of Monero. Let me sleep at night.

it certainly doesnt surprise anyone in a hurry. but if i zoom out far enough, the monero graph always makes me smile

I've been on Monero since $2~ because of the legit community and technology.

But lately, I've been getting really fucking sick of the Main dev and his little bitch antics. All he fucking does is talk shit on everything, calling everything a scam. He's got serious fucking assburgers syndrome. He even got in some heat with Vitalik yesterday on twitter.

Anyone got any suggestions on what to reinvest in? I might move 50% of my monero into something else.

The market is overheating. His legit intention is to warn noobs.

*lesson teaching intensifies*

What's the damn lesson?

Yeah, I understand and respect that, but man the shit talking is just soooo overwhelming.

zcash has a rockstar team of cryptographers and better tech

Zcash also has the unenviable record of single greatest price crash ever, with perhaps the exception of thalidomide

Except that most transactions are not private, due to the 'better tech'.

a guy associated with Monero, "fluffypony," hyped a big announcement on twitter and lots of people bought in anticipation. Turned out to be a joke. The guy was trying to 'teach people a lesson' not to speculate on crypto and not to trust twitter announcements. It crashed the price. Many people believe, I included, that he and his friends took short positions and made heaps of money off of this stunt. Either way, nobody trusts monero anymore.

I hope monero gets kicked out of the top ten and monero gets rejected for some other coin by dark markets. Also I hope fluffypony and monero is forever associated with this scam

that's entirely optional, still better tech, still more private, still HOLY SHIT cryptographer team

>he isn't a crypto nerd

who gives a fuck? that was an artifact of the mining curve

blame this fat faggot

Why would you buy into a coin where the lead dev purposely fucks with the price? I don't even care if you're holding long term, I don't want to be in business with an unstable faggot.

I'd say a lot of people "give a fuck". Anyone who bought those early coins from $2500 alllllllll the way down to whatever it crashed to, probably aren't too enamoured with your superstar dev team

>fatty dev
disgusting.

Oh man that is hilarious

What he did probably wasn't right, but man I wish Veeky Forums would learn that lesson already, I can't hate him.
The annoying part is lots of those people probably did not learn their lesson.

they were retards for buying a coin at an absurd price without looking up the production curve

there were no secrets, there were dumps, they were just fucking retards

The lesson most people walked away with was "fuck the monero dev", unfortunately

I dunno if he made any money off it but I personally think he was getting a bit salty watching every single other coin get pumped up, XMR was kind of conspicuously lagging behind

I bought Monero last year and held until that fat fuck showed everyone that he is shady as hell.

I'm mining monero and too lazy to switch to eth

I feel like it was just bad timing on his part. Didn't all cryptocurrencies have some kind of peak around the same time?

Are you from Veeky Forums?

I traded all my monero gains for bitbean, no ragrets.

Looks like its time to buy monero if this thread is anything to go by

>why the fuck monero has stagnated so bad
This is the perfect time to buy.

learn2anticyclicallytrading

>tfw Veeky Forums is in on crypto
>tfw you guys are probably scheming on writing interesting modern cyberpunk chic stories for fast commercial success right now
>tfw I am a slow writer

I avoid Monero because way too much of the smart money right now is based on investing in strong devs and the team behind Monero seems unprofessional. Simple, boring explanation but you know that it is true.

This

Also buy Sia and Golem

>unprofessional
It's literally one of the biggest projects on GitHub. Fluffypony is a little kid but the rest of the team is A+.

Fuck Golem. GNT hasn't moved like forever. Better off using your money to ride the Shitcoins waves.
Sold my gnt yesterday at a loss and what do you know, the price is still what it was yesterday.
Earned back my losses thanks to xby.

Prediction: Monero will slowly die since there are much better alternatives. Monero isn't as anonymous as you may think, nor is zcash. There will be a bigger player that will destroy zcash and monero.

>not buying verge and dopecoin

>What's the damn lesson?
dont buy monero

Speculation.

>Anyone got any suggestions on what to reinvest in? I might move 50% of my monero into something else.
WHAT IF WE USED OUR MONERO TO PUT A BOUNTY ON FLUFFY PONY

at worst it's a long term hold. Don't know about you but i need a coin for long term wealth storage. LTC, ETH and BTC, although the biggest, are way to volatile and their future is unsure thanks to hardforks waiting to happen

Sell your monero and get some waves son

When Monero pumps, it's going to pump so fucking hard. It's going to be August 2016 all over again.

Smart money is holding this down artificially and accumulating it with all their PnD gains. Look at the lending rate for xmr. Completely unnatural.

When the last Bitcoin has been squeezed out of every shitcoin the Monero rocketship will be fully loaded and once it leaves the launchpad you'll have to pay Musk $500 mil to organize a rendezvous on Mars.

They are getting sued by visa.

Most things are a scam tho. And fluffy may be an autist, but that has a certain appeal. His leadership is unique. When hodling cryptos I look for something unique.

Monero not mooning is proof that 70% of the people investing in this market are retards who are just desperately looking for a new shitcoin to invest in the hopes that it will be the next Stratis.

Monero is actually one of the very few cryptocurrencies with actual use and utility and that you can use right now, yet, it's stagnant. Meanwhile shitcoins like Verge, where the developer barely knows what he's talking about and has nothing special over the competition has a 120% increase in one day. The market is really fucked.

>the only project that actively discouraged speculation during the biggest rally the whole crypto market has seen
>gains unprofessional reputation

Lmao this market never fails to crack me up.

Now let's all buy some shitcoin from the polo or trex catalogue because we totally "believe in the technology" and it's "an ""interesting"" project" and not because we're expecting some idiots to buy after and raise the price :D

school's in session

Are there actually any threats to monero?
Any direct competition that could threaten it?
>inb4 XVG

XMR honestly seems to be a great coin.

Nothing can touch it. Shadow brokers are now accepting Monero and everyone on DNMs know that zcash is a Jew banker backdoor coin. Dash is pitiful at this point. Still though general awareness of Monero is very low and it's extremely undervalued.

Monero, BTC and ETH probably the safest currencies today imo.

bagholding stratis is like hoarding gold and silver

Same could be said for Litecoin not going up, I think

Isn't Litecoin just a competitor to BTC though?

XVG is going to take over this market. RIP Monero

Sold today.
Literally made a $30 profit over 3weeks.
Not worth it.

Yep pretty much.

Yeah, but it's a solid alternative that gets around a lot of the problems on BTC's horizon.

Much like Monero it's convienient and delivers a practical use at the moment. Not like these perpetual "it's coming out next month" coins

ZenCash should hit Bittrex today. Fork of ZCash without the 20% jew tax. It integrates encrypted messaging and DAO governance (both aspects which monero plans for the future). ZenCash is easily one of the best user coins and nobody is talking about it.

and don't get me started on XVG vaporware

Right because gold and silver are now worthless having been superseded by Monero. Just think about the inflation when everyone and their grandma has an asteroid mining operation. And you can't even send it over the internet.

This, it's been going on for a while now.
>buy 100 BTC worth of XMR at once
>immediately loan to newfriends
>wait until they bring price back down
>repeat

Monero does not have plans for that. I don't know what the decred thing is about but no way is any of the PoW emission going to go into a dao.

Encrypted messaging? What is PGP? What is signal? Why would that be a good idea on a blockchain? Monero can have a 16 character payment id that gets encrypted if that's what you mean.

Also zencash relies on the same (((trusted))) setup as zcash. The Jew tax is nothing is they can just mint coins at will and undetected.

It's doing fine right now. Just needs news to get the ball rolling again.

>he didn't learn his lesson

getmonero.org/design-goals/
"Monerochat"

DAO isn't a "decred thing". It stands for decentralized autonomous organization and provides voting rights to token holders so the coin doesn't get cucked by miners (lol bitcoin). Putting messaging into a coin is simply consolidation for ease of use. Also Zen has data storage and publishing. And the ZCash FUD is just embarrassing. Zk snarks was designed by MIT and Johns Hopkins, and zerocash is open source, how the fuck could they "mint" coins?