Friendly Reminder that the Bible tells women to wear veils/hijabs

>4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Cor 11:2-1Cor 11:16

Other urls found in this thread:

nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Indonesia/United-States/Crime
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder that the Bible isn't real and that theology or hermeneutics isn't a school of the Humanities and thus not allowed on this board

And? Christians don't enforce it. It's only nuns who do wear coverings, and that's the extreme minority.

Jews do the same.

Is that one of the parts we ignore, I forget.

Go back to ribbit, thanks.

Except most Christian women did do it before the 20th century.

Religion is a meme. Trust me, I'm a scholar.

No, I am. don't trust this guy. meme is religion

Even in the 20th century many Christian women in rural areas did it. Look at pictures of Russian women in the earth 20th century for example, both in the empire and union.

>Religion is a meme.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

So? We're not in the 19th century. I don't actually know where you're going with this.

All these "Christianity is just like Islam" arguments all ignore the key point- Christianity has to exist in a secular system in the west. Islam however has several theocracies to take cues from, and many more take the Qu'ran literally than Christians who take the bible literally.

The Qu'ran is a rule book attributed to one man. The bible is a rulebook wrapped in parables and written by different people- this fundamental difference means that Islam is fundamentally a rule bound religion with very little in the book that is open to interpretation.

These arguments also ignore the fact that, while christianity has some atrocious deeds to it's name in history, it's not the one doing barbaric things en masse in the modern era (although exceptions exist, obviously).

>Christianity is good because it's followers are good
>Islam is bad because it's followers are bad

I don't think either of them are particularly good. I am an agnostic, and particularly dislike the abrahamic faiths. You ignore what I said completely- I specifically stated that Islam is worst because it exists within systems that allow it to be so, while christianity is not.

>66

We don't care Abdul. Stacy and Shalonda are not going to don hijabs in our life times to appeal to your bedouin desert moralities.

What's the point of this thread?

Please learn scripture first this is talking about a particular city where the women would wear no head covering to indict they were prostitues available for sex.

proof?

>humanities such as... religion
Fuck off.

>Jews do the same
Many very observant Jewish women will shave their head and wear a wig, in order to avoid pride or immodesty by showing their hair (which is considered to be comparable to showing their genitals). Others will wear veils or headscarfs of various other fashions. In terms of Orthodox Jews, I wouldn't put these in an extreme minority, certainly a much higher proportion of Jewish women wear head coverings than Christian women, although some communities of Christian women who are not nuns do wear head coverings (see pic).

Reform and Conservative Jews are *mostly* antinomian, but most Conservative men and women will always cover their head when praying

Reform Judaism doesn't require head coverings even in prayer, and it triggers me (as a Jew who was raised Reform).

Regardless, all Jews and would certainly recognize that, were they to follow Talmudic law, women would be required to cover their hair.

The point I am making you blithering IDIOT is that modern day Conservatives and Christians declare themselves as such but deride the very values that form the bedrock of their beliefs.

The point is that they are pseudo-Conservatives and Christians.

No evidence for this, you LARPer.

I was talking about the orthodox, thanks for the correction though. I guess I should specify more.

I don't really know if covering your head is a 'value'. Maybe a manifestation of one, but not in and of itself.

Yee. It's hard to make generalizations about Jews because... they're Jews.

wrong .. it says God gave woman hair for covering her hair..what dont u understand.

To help people, what is the purpose of your post? To tear us down? Just mad at everything? There isn't time for calloused hearts to heal

>strawman
specifically says while praying or prophesizing

Well, it's hardly history or humanities related, it doesn't really say much about christianity or Islam and doesn't have any accompanying message on what one is supposed to do with the information.

Western women already prepared themselves for Islam by mass head-shaving.

>cover your head when you pray
>cover your head and face all the time

Yeah totally the same. Really caused me to ponder.

I wouldn't say 'many' Orthodox Jewish women shave their heads. Only the Ultra-Orthodox seem to do it. All the Lubavitcher girls I've talked to say their mothers go wig-over-hair.

t. also a Jew

What's the reason?

Absolute fucking nonsense. Religion should be a point of study only.

it literally explains the reasoning in the quote, you can't just pretend like it's taken out of context when it goes into a whole biological argument. Christians and their confirmation bias, never gets old.

Well said!

>These arguments also ignore the fact that, while christianity has some atrocious deeds to it's name in history, it's not the one doing barbaric things en masse in the modern era (although exceptions exist, obviously).
That's fucking retarded: the entire early modern era was defined by bitter and widespread sectarian conflict in the west: Catholics and Protestants killing each other in the name of creating God's kingdom on Earth. The pilgrims were literally refugees fleeing state-mandated religious persecution.

It's the inevitable consequence of mixing politics and religion, which the middle easterners started doing as a reactionary backlash to western colonialism. Not helping the matter is the neocon-written Iraqi constitution whose first fucking amendment enshrines Islam as the state of religion (and they wondered why Sunnis and Shias started killing each other and blamed Obama for it.)

Muslims in Indonesia (the country with the world's largest population of Muslims) are totally peaceful and have a fraction of the violent crime that western societies have.
nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Indonesia/United-States/Crime

Apparently they're too busy wearing fuck-me heels and miniskirts to appeal to their black bulls instead :*)

King James Bible
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?