Critique my portfolio and tier distribution for coins

What do you think of my portfolio distributions guys?

What would you improve?

Do you agree with my tier lists? Welcoming any critique.

Also, give me ideas for new coins to research and consider buying into.

I try to rebalance this portfolio within tiers. So I might sell a Tier2 coin and buy another Tier2 coin. This ensures that when market collapses I don't end up holding absolute shitcoins and none of the good stuff. So I have to get these tier levels in check.

Pardon my autism.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ATcHlJkzGiM5KXs1SdiKrW93VptpzTGJDur_E4HnKhg/template/preview?usp=drive_web#
youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0
iex.ec/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/iExec-WPv2.0-English.pdf
medium.com/iex-ec/iexec-devel-letter-2-ae306b35b5f8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it an excel file? Would you share it?

No, it is Google docs.

I'd rather not share my personal files. You can find the template here:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ATcHlJkzGiM5KXs1SdiKrW93VptpzTGJDur_E4HnKhg/template/preview?usp=drive_web#

Bump. Looks nice OP.

Why don't you just use blockfolio like the rest of us? Fucking elitists I swear

You think you are an enterprise cryptocurrency trader because you use Excel huh

No bitbean, I see you're a man of reason

I am thinking of buying more WAVES and selling DigiByte.

Why?

Because WAVES has actual long tail application. If we look at Ethereum, that is the biggest crypto growth potential right now. DigiByte has only hentai girls, it does not have any long tail potential, thus I classified it as Tier 4, but it recently spiked and now I have excess of Digi that I might move into safer coins.

Also, one thing to note - the ones with BLUE font are tokens. Tokens I buy only with excess ETH. Why? Because they are reliant on Ethereum and move together with it. Makes most sense to keep them within the distribution of Ethereum.

>Why don't you just use blockfolio like the rest of us? Fucking elitists I swear

Because I don't recall my buy in points, it was mostly many years ago.

Also, I don't want to keep checking this shit on my phone wherever I go.

Also, Blockfolio limits coins per screen and comments, I need to have more screen space for my portfolio.

Also, Blockfolio does not show coins percentage within the portfolio.

Ark shitcoin?

really nice portfolio
i'dd add

Cloak (probably going to surpass PIVX)
Blocknet (DEX, Crosschain)

Portfolio is missing Doge, BitBean and PepeCoins.

>Ark shitcoin?

Shitcoin for now. But it does have long tail potential due to bridging. I could invest in it a bit more if I increase its Tier level. You think it needs to be higher? Do they have any working, actual products right now?

>Cloak (probably going to surpass PIVX)
>Blocknet (DEX, Crosschain)

Will check on these. Why do you think they are better?

Actually I was searching for the template, heh. Thanks!

How are you populating the columns OP? You're not manually typing in the current prices are you?

From your research so far, what do you think about VERGE? Which tier does it belong to?

your research is good and i agree with pretty much all of it on paper, but i also don't think reality is tied to this market in any way and you're missing out on lots of short term gains (which will come in handy when things settle down) by being so reasonable

Cloak has true trustless anonymity
(but ive never been a fan of Dash in the first place)
Blocknet has working crosschain transactions already

but as always do your own research ;)

How much did you start with?

Excellent distribution. I would only reduce BTC to 10-15% and Chuck them into promising ICOs.

>missing the best coin of them all

OP, I'm impressed. 2 questions: how long have you been in the crypto game and how much cash did you put in?

DGB in Tier 4?
Come on.

OP, I'm impressed. I have 2 questions: how long have you been in the crypto game and how much cash did you put in?

>How are you populating the columns OP? You're not manually typing in the current prices are you?

No, I am not, see the code. It auto updates upon refresh.

>From your research so far, what do you think about VERGE? Which tier does it belong to?

I did not research it in detail. From first looks I did not like their website and it does not seem to be revolutionary or with long tail potential (such as WAVES platform, for example). I think it could be listed in Tier 4, but I don't know much more about it for now.

>your research is good and i agree with pretty much all of it on paper, but i also don't think reality is tied to this market in any way and you're missing out on lots of short term gains (which will come in handy when things settle down) by being so reasonable

That is what Tier4 coins are for. Coins somewhere down 40-70 position of coinmarketcap. Also, when this bubble bursts many Tier3 and Tier4 coins will go to shit if not die. Tier1 and Tier2 coins will take a massive hit. So I have to keep that in mind. Which coins do you think it would be worth researching right now?

>Cloak has true trustless anonymity

Does it use Zsnarks? I avoided investing in Zcash due to the untested Zsnark technology, maybe I'm making a mistake here.

>Blocknet has working crosschain transactions already but as always do your own research

That is really cool, so its like ARK and like Bancor tries to be? Which blockchains are currently supported by Blocknet?

>How much did you start with?

I think I've invested around 15-20k$ in crypto total. I started investing a few thousand in year 2014 I think when Bitcoin appeared, bought some shitcoins as well, then bought in Ethereum when it was in 4-10$ range with 6000$. Held through.

>Excellent distribution. I would only reduce BTC to 10-15% and Chuck them into promising ICOs.

Bitcoin is the master coin. It has actual use and people need it to buy shitcoins. I would use Etheruem to invest in ETH based ICOs.

>DGB in Tier 4?

Convince me to move it higher.
What does it have apart from anime girls?
It has good tech? Ok, many projects do. So far it seems DigiByte has grown due to shilling mostly.

He'd got a formula that pulls prices from the exchange I believe.

After the last thread like this I saw and working on my own diversified portfolio, I'd say your issue is you're too tied up in ETH and BTC. Obviously you're still making money hand over fist because ETH tripled and BTC is up by 33%, but the whole point of diversifying seems moot if a huge swing in ETH is what's driving your profits or what crashes your portfolio. But then I'm still only in the thousands in portfolio size and I'm sure you're more familiar with making money with 6 figures. How well did you weather last weeks dump?

i will use it as a periodic table
what was the stack at the beginning?
how much you want to gain? how much time do you have? aswering at these questions may helps to finde the right path to improve

OP, if you had to guess, when does this bubble burst? How long do we have?

Have you cashed anything out yet? What's your exit plan?

>After the last thread like this I saw and working on my own diversified portfolio, I'd say your issue is you're too tied up in ETH and BTC. Obviously you're still making money hand over fist because ETH tripled and BTC is up by 33%, but the whole point of diversifying seems moot if a huge swing in ETH is what's driving your profits or what crashes your portfolio.

Agreed, but what alternatives do we have?

I initially had relatively equal distributions in BTC and ETH, but ETH recent jump made it what it is.

Unlike BTC, ETH has long tail in full effect via ICOs. All of these new companies are flooding to ETH, I believe it will raise more, because its first "killer app" is all of these bullshit token ICOs which allows a new method of crowdfunding for bullshit and non-bullshit projects alike. It is kind of "revolutionary". Bitcoin does not allow such projects, but it still has actual use and first mover advantage.

I think with time ETH will grow mostly due to the ICO craze.

All the other coins (Tier2-Tier4) follow the leaders: Bitcoin and Ethereum in price.

I don't think it is realistic to expect alts to raise while Bitcoin/Ethereum falls.

Why I'm comfortable holding that much more in ETH than Bitcoin:

1) You can do the same with ETH that you can with BTC but better and faster, no split community issues

2) Dem ICO token boom man! Actual use. In a wide range.

3) Ethereum Enterprise Alliance (good for marketing if not actual use)

4) Strong autist leader, good roadmap and plans to solve scalability issues

I'm trying to think steps ahead and already invest small amounts in projects that seem "better than ETH/BTC", but first mover advantage and developers for dapps are a thing and can't be disregarded. Currently only Ethereum has this: dapps.ethercasts.com

Also, if ETH fails, I'm still holding a bit of ETC.

I try to keep my eyes open for any new opportunities and make calculated bets, so if you have any ideas of improving the portfolio, let me know.

So if i add a coin how do make changes that it sync-s current price of the coin ?

>what was the stack at the beginning?

As I said, I have invested total about 15-20k$ in cryptos within the last 4 years or so. Most of the investment was done 3 years ago.

>how much you want to gain?

I'm making a bet on blockchain mainstream adoption. I don't care which coin will win. I won't be adding more fiat to portfolio. I'm trying to master rebalancing now. Meaning - selling one crypto that has gained a lot and buying in another, potentially better gainer. This worked well with DGB as you can see.

> how much time do you have?

I have 5-10 years easy. Tech moves faster than that. I'd even be ok waiting 20 years. These are long term investments. One of my plans is to sell crypto if it raises during the next stock market recession. I will be selling cryptos and buying stock indices then (buy the stock dip).

>OP, if you had to guess, when does this bubble burst? How long do we have?

Crypto bubbles burst all the time. Look at history of Bitcoin. What makes it more stable this time: distribution. August 1 potential split of Bitcoin won't have such huge influence, because BTC is losing overall market cap. Gamblers and investors are jumping from one ICO to another. The more such ICOs the more chances of money going from one crypto to another and not from crypto -> fiat. On every corner there is this new opportunity, this new, magnificent ICO.

August 1 issue with BTC might make us see a slight correction I think.

>Have you cashed anything out yet?

I have bought a few items. Not much.I don't see this as "cashing out". I'm betting on Bitcoin global acceptance with time.I don't want to lose on conversion. I want to be able to buy Lambo directly with Bitcoin/Ethereum/whatevercrypto

>What's your exit plan?

Exit plan is switching more to stocks during the next recession and crypto boom (crypto should boom during recession) and buying stuff with cryptos when I need it (actually using as currency).

My investment period is 10+ years easy.I'm a patient.

I have my doubts about whether BTC will stand the test of time. After ETH reaches parity with BTC I imagine people will switch to ETH. I suppose BTC will just become a store of value coin and get absorbed into Bancor tokens in the future. OP is in great shape, he will be a crypto-millionaire, possibly by end of year.

because you seems to know what you are doin i have to ask it: why you don't buy XRP? 5000% from june 2016 seems to be what you are looking for. maybe you can invest 10% of the big boys wallet to buy some solid stratis for a mid range goal and then use the profit to buy your ETH/BTC back. give XVG a try, i doubled from tomorrow. For ARK you should invest all excess rounding down your stacks in it! take it as a jolly

>because you seems to know what you are doin i have to ask it: why you don't buy XRP?

Because XRP is not a decentrilised crypto.
Because XRP is for B2B transactions.
Because creators can influence the price at will.
Because even XRP main guy said it is not meant for investing into for individuals, strictly meant for banks.
You can't even withdraw XRP to a wallet.

There is chance of that happening, that is why I'm fine being this much into ETH. Although I did recently sell a bit of ETH for BTC and am investing ETH in new token projects.

Blocknet and ARK are trash in comparison to Cosmos and Polkadot, latter aren't out yet though.

Bitcoin will get sidechains so it will have this "long tail effect"

Ethereum is a scam:

youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0

It will collapse sooner or later.

>I try to keep my eyes open for any new opportunities and make calculated bets, so if you have any ideas of improving the portfolio, let me know.

Well it depends on how aggressive you want to be and how diversified you are outside crypto. If you're insulated from an ETH/Crypto crash with other assets, you won't get fucked on that front.

Otherwise, all the change you have invested in the sub 1% holdings doesn't mean anything. Even if UBIQ shoots up 1000%, you've only gained a small amount compared to the daily swings of ETH and BTC, and depending on how often you rebalance your portfolio, you might not even get that if you're constantly selling your gains to meet your weight goals.

I guess I don't understand why your holdings outside ETH are so small. I mean I'd get having a separate portfolio for alt/shit/memecoin speculation where you can chase those huge percentage gains with a huge safety net in the background, or just holding ETH and BTC and not worrying about the bullshit of chasing coins, but your current portfolio just has a bunch of alts that aren't doing anything for you.

>Blocknet and ARK are trash in comparison to Cosmos and Polkadot, latter aren't out yet though.

How can you say that Blocknet and ARK are trash comparing to Cosmos and Polkadot if the latter haven't even been released?

>Ethereum is a scam:

Those are big words. What exactly makes Ethereum a scam? Anything can be "interpreted" as a scam. That video is way too long, can you summarise?

>Well it depends on how aggressive you want to be and how diversified you are outside crypto. If you're insulated from an ETH/Crypto crash with other assets, you won't get fucked on that front.

I am also investing in stock indices. But recently my crypto portfolio outgrew my stock portfolio my magnitude of 4x. I have about 100k$ in stock indices now. Stocks are bubbling as well, so once recession hits I will sell crypto and go more into stocks.

You really think biz moves the market like that?

>I guess I don't understand why your holdings outside ETH are so small. I mean I'd get having a separate portfolio for alt/shit/memecoin speculation where you can chase those huge percentage gains with a huge safety net in the background, or just holding ETH and BTC and not worrying about the bullshit of chasing coins, but your current portfolio just has a bunch of alts that aren't doing anything for you.

Well, as I said I know that the bubble will crash sooner or later and lower tier coins (shitcoins / altcoins) will suffer the most from this as it usually happens as their price is highly correlated with price of main coins (Bitcoin / Ethereum).

Let us say I see investment in Bitcoin and Ethereum as a legit long term "investment".

Tier 2, 3 and 4 is "speculation" and "gambling" for me.

I just calculated the exact percentages I have in each of the tiers.

Besides, just betting about 1-2k$ on a 5-10 shitcoins/atlcoins has good chances right now one of them appreciatex 5-10x, yielding me additional 5-10k$ that I can use to further invest in the shitcoins.

Not only Veeky Forums of course.

Added the percentage distribution.

You should read through this whitepaper:

iex.ec/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/iExec-WPv2.0-English.pdf

Yes, I heard about them, how do they compare with Golem project, Maidsafe and similar projects?

>I guess I don't understand why your holdings outside ETH are so small. I mean I'd get having a separate portfolio for alt/shit/memecoin speculation where you can chase those huge percentage gains with a huge safety net in the background, or just holding ETH and BTC and not worrying about the bullshit of chasing coins, but your current portfolio just has a bunch of alts that aren't doing anything for you.

To add to this - I am slowly selling ETH for buying into most promising ICOs. I'm planning a 4400$ purchase into Bancor ICO.

>Yes, I heard about them, how do they compare with Golem project, Maidsafe and similar projects?

They write about that in the whitepaper. The PhDs behind iEx.ec have been researching this technology since before bitcoin. The ICO ended a little over a month ago and they have already made a lot of progress, including making the most computational intensive chess algorithm to work on the ethereum blockchain. Read this, it includes a link to the chess code (need metamask to work obviously)

medium.com/iex-ec/iexec-devel-letter-2-ae306b35b5f8

Nice portfolio brah
look into sia coin, i would say it's "tier 3" by your definitions

-I'd say that BTC, Monero and ETH are established/safe coins.
-DGB has marketing potential and I think it will grow more, but not sure how much, depends on luck.
-ETC is sort of a wild card for me. I think it has growth potential due being unchanged. Many people may invest on it if something bad happens with ETH, plus, the asians seem to love it.
-Dash is a safe bet, but not something I'd invest.
-Stratis is a safe bet and a lot of growth potential, probably gonna reach $20 by the end of the month.
-I used to love PIVX, thought it would have huge increase in price, but it really disappointed me over the months. I had some gains with it by day trading, but it's going extremely slowly, people don't seem to have much interest on it and the reason for that imo is that although PIVX is an all around good coin, it brings nothing really new to the table.
-Ark is a good long term. Very solid devs.
I don't know what FACTOM and GAME is, wish you could tell me why you invested in them.
-People seem to believe in UBIQ. Don't really see why, it seems like just a copy of stratis and ETH. Why it's special?
-I think BAT will probably fail, good for short term gains only
-I'm skeptical about GNT. Could go, become stagnant or crash.
NEM is another one I'm unsure of.

Bancor is the only released now that I see potential.

Look up about IOTA OP. I think you might be interested.

Yes, SIA could be. I did try their service out actually, but got many errors and avoided it.

How do you think SIA compares to STORJ?

Only ICO released now*

>not having SIA

What are you doing??

>Does it use Zsnarks? I avoided investing in Zcash due to the untested Zsnark technology, maybe I'm making a mistake here.

no, its own tech, called ENIGMA

>That is really cool, so its like ARK and like Bancor tries to be? Which blockchains are currently supported by Blocknet?

Bitcoin, Litecoin and Bitbay afaik

Cool!!

Thinking bit heavy on ETH, bit low on LTC.

I really like LTC. Good development team, they are making strides and profiting from being a bitcoin clone and implementing its tech. Lightning and RSK are going to be awesome. Bitstamp this week btw.

1) Don't need buy in points
2) Why tho
3) Swiping down is just too hard
4) Yes it does

Fuck off with your elitist spreadsheet. You probably feel VERYSMART

>Fuck off with your elitist spreadsheet. You probably feel VERYSMART

Nah, I'm just used to it. I did not know Blockfolio even existed back when I started my sheet.

sorry I gotta shill for blockfolio. That app is amazing. I can't believe its free

I'd actually be willing to pay 0.02 btc for a software that turned one of my pc monitors into monitoring my blockfolio in real time.

Wow, could you shill me on Factom? Been thinking about investing in it, but missed this leg up. Worried its getting too expensive to aquire decent gains

Hi OP, N00b here.
Which wallet(s) do you use for all those coins?

I bought ETH from quadrigacx, stored it in MEW. Now I opened a bittrex account and bought some STRATs, but I need another wallet?

The Stratis wallet is still downloading the blockchain... Will it be like that for every wallet?

I've been told not to store my coins on exchanges, so what do?

I'm reading that Factom is built upon the Bitcoin blockchain. How is that going to work out with the incoming fork and all?

>Which wallet(s) do you use for all those coins?
Hardware wallets like Ledger.

>The Stratis wallet is still downloading the blockchain... Will it be like that for every wallet?
I just sent Stratis to Ledger Nano S.

>I've been told not to store my coins on exchanges, so what do?
Either have a separate, safe, Linux computer and download wallets there (make sure you have enough space) or use hardware wallets with multi-currency support like Ledger / Trezor.

Factom - solid company, actual paying clients, they can also adapt to any blockchain. I like them, because they actually have a working, usable product with real business clients, including governments.

>How is that going to work out with the incoming fork and all?
I understand that they can adapt to any blockchain.

>I'd actually be willing to pay 0.02 btc for a software that turned one of my pc monitors into monitoring my blockfolio in real time.

Just use an Android emulator like Bluestacks, set it up on fullscreen, there you go.