What is the most aesthetic armour and why is it Maximilian?

what is the most aesthetic armour and why is it Maximilian?

It's a bit too dark soulsy for my taste to be honest.

Leopard print is SO 490s

Something about a full set of samurai armor just makes my dick hard.

It's Maximillian because others can't compete

That is a strange way to write 15th century milanese plate armour

looks like a jousting harness pretending to be practical.

But fashion souls is great.
>thief hood
>mail armor
>leather gauntlets
>solaire legs
>claymore
>silver knight shield
Fast rolling, 60ish poise with havels and wolf.

Historically I think transitional armour like the coat of plates is most aesthetic.

My negro. Lothric Knight armor is where it's at.
>that pimp red cape
>plate from neck to toe
>claymore resting on the shoulder
>dead hollows at your feet.

Landsknecht armor is most aesthetic and Veeky Forums armor

mfw you're lying and it's actually savoyard armour

Gothic armour looks pretty great too though.

This, sallets make me moist

Dendra Panolpy, coming through.

why did the bronze age have to collapse bros?

This.

He looks like a fucking stovepipe

Gilles de Rais' armor > your shit

Pro-tip: what you see there is not Gilles de Rais' armour. It's a painting from a later period, since it is clearly 16th century armour he's depicted wearing. The suit is probably German or German inspired judging by the distinct bellows visor helmet alone.

because iron is a better metal for military uses

Eastern Roman armor is underrated

seriously though, how the fuck do you fight in this

no it isn't, steel is but iron is not

there's a reason most roman officers purchased bronze weapons and armor if they could afford to do so

All beautiful things must come to an end.

It was probably a chariot drivers armor. At least that is what I heard someone who wore it make of it. The armor is from the time when chariots were the main battlefield weapon across the Middle East and Eastern med

romanboo

We already have a 120 post thread up for this

Vendel.

Those are some long legs

>aesthetic
For the last time, this is not an interchangeable synonym for beautiful.

Learn English, children.

>all these fucking nobles
richfags get out

shoot, forgot to remove my name from /qst/

When in doubt pull your munitions cuirass out!

most people don't realize it, but your breastplate should only reach your natural waist, at the floating rib. Most people are so used to jeans sitting on their hips that it looks really weird, especially if they don't have faulds

Your horse has attained a concerning altitude, prithee dismount

PFI moving in!

damn right

fucking nobles need to realize that they're a bunch of gold plated codpieces

related to beauty, not a direct synonym. It's used better as a noun or adverb, or as an adjective in something like, "This object is more aesthetic than funcitonal."

The way it's used on the chons is like saying, "That dog is aesthetic." It's fucking stupid,

you people sound like google translate error, fuck this new meme

I can never take those rondel helmets seriously, they just look so silly

why people would choose one in the modern day to wear, I'll never understand it

To some eyes the picture you just posted looks more ridiculous than a rondel helmet.

mate, aesthetic has been around of at least 8 years

Zyzz popularized it and it has been becoming more common as time goes on

>new

I'm sorry you're assmad about subtle changes in word usage in the English language. That just never happens, does it? I regret that you're so upset.

It's been relegated to Veeky Forums-esque realms as a retarded bro word, now it's as fucking stupid as everyone saying desu senpai, except they aren't doing it "ironically," because they legitimately think they are using the word correctly.

eh, it's obviously not historical, but the middle eastern world was big on that kind of decoration.

For LARP and Renfairs, his armor is amazing, which is what it's designed for

Dumbasses using words incorrectly isn't a change in the English language, it's ignorance becoming more widespread.

You actually think people are using desu and senpai unironically?

I could tell that you were a bitter sperg, but this is even more enlightening.

>fucking nobles need to realize that they're a bunch of gold plated codpieces
Apparently Charles the bold was killed in the battle of Nancy because of his gilded armor. Charles body was found naked and mutilated, no one claimed the killing, and there would have been a fat reward, but then likely he had to hand over the suite of plate.
>smillingmountainmerchant.jpg

no armor

>his face had been so badly mutilated by wild animals that only his physician was able to identify him by his long fingernails and the old battle scars on his body.
how the hell did the physician recognize him by his fingernails?

Well, it was his personal physician, I imagine the guy knew his primary patient pretty well

>Charles' head had been cleft in two by a halberd, lances were lodged in his stomach and loins, and his face had been so badly mutilated by wild animals that only his physician was able to identify him by his long fingernails and the old battle scars on his body.

Goddamn son. That's a hard way to go

During the old Zurich war at the battle of St. Jacob 1443, The Zurich commander Rudolf Stuessi was defending the bride over the SIhl river. He got stabbed in the crotch by a spear, and because he had killed many enemies they had some extra fun with him.
They started by cutting of what was left of his crotch, then they literally teared him a new asshole and rape that hole in front of the walls (half the city was watching), then they cut out stripes from his belly fat and used it to grease their boots and pike shafts. Then they raped him some more. After some hours one of the guys had mercy, they cut his throat (until here Stuessi was conscious and they could hear him scream and grown), chopped of his head off as trophy, chopped the rest of his body into hundreds of pieces and tossed them into the river.
>Swiss can be real assholes when drunk

>imagine someone smiling down on you while he polishes his boots with your lard

>Rudolf Stuessi
Is it possible to have the source for that please? I would like to read whatever else may be found there.

It is practical
German armors typically follow the design of:
Italians mass produce armors for royalty due to laws that allowed to have as many apprentices as possible and as a big a workshop as necessary.
As the armors are worn throughout a plethora of battles and campaigns; the German master armorers catch sight of them and and begin to implement their own changes and designs on pre existing Italian designs.
Germans laws only allow armorers to only have 1-2 apprentices. German commissions typically took longer as a result, but many in the world considered them masterworks (King Ferdinand 1 and his sons field armor are a good example, if you're in NYC they're in the MET)
The Italians invent.
The Germans innovate. (Though occasionally invent)