Is the western people ever going to be nationalistic again?

Humans have always fought with one another. From the days of the Neanderthals to Adolf Hitler, the world have always been at war. People have fought for their families, for their tribe, for their country since the dawn of man.

But after WW2, nations decided that wars in the west was going to be prevented at any cost. No more empires or kingdoms, only countries and states.

It feels like people have lost their sense of country pride in the west. People are more interested in their own economic interests, than in the interest of the country as a whole.

In China, on the other hand, people are very nationalistic and proud of their country, and are becoming increasingly hostile towards foreigners in their country.

Are western societies doomed to be based on consumerism since the creation of these to unions? No more nationalism and country pride, only consumerism and multiculturalism? Are western people ever going to rise up?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Decline_of_the_West
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're either retarded or have an awful romanticized version of how people in the past reasoned.

>In China, on the other hand, people are very nationalistic and proud of their country, and are becoming increasingly hostile towards foreigners in their country.
And it's fucking terrible. I wish I wasn't born in this shitty part of the world.
t. Non-Chinese Asian

Unions are very weak in the US.

Consumerism is at its strongest. Nationalism is also at its strongest in recent years.

in a total war scenario, can you envision the average modern day American signing up for the military voluntarily in droves and making all of the sacrifices on the home front as they did during WW II?

I can't.

Can you imagine the modern day Chinese doing it?

I can

Maybe you shouldn't base your worldview on what is beneficial in a total war scenario.

If the world has come to that point, you have already failed in any case.

Yep, schools in the west are teaching the children that country pride is evil. White people are to scared to be called racist, while the rest of the world gladly takes pride in their country. Japan for example, have a word for a non-japanese citizen; "Hafu".

Meanwhile in the west, Jamal and his 6 brothers are considered "German" because they were born in Germany, LOL.

Is a country's ability to weather crises not indicative of its overall health?

What's the point of this board if it's going to be a /pol/ clone?

Crises are not limited to total war scenarios.

It's pretty disappointing, desu.

Is discussing history and it's effect on country pride considered /pol/? Get out of your bubble, jesus.

So you're arguing on the basis, that nationalism is inherently a good thing. Why?
Also, consumerism and nationalism are not exclusive, both can equally be characteristics of a person. And nationialism and consumerism don't exclude, and you won't believe this, multiculturalism.

It's wealth. Wealth breeds degeneracy, laziness, obesity and hedonism, this is observed in every society since fucking Sumer.

Notice that eastern Europe didn't participate in the massive post-war economic boom, they're still rather poor, and they're still fiercely nationalist and masculine.

t. American who wants to be considered German.

>Crises are not limited to total war scenarios.
Nice dodge.

I think it's becoming increasingly the whole thing can very easily go poof and the deconstruction of the American identity and the entire world treating it as a place where everybody can make some dollary doos or launder money and not much more plays a big role.

/thread

People have always put their own family and community before others. Leaders have tried to get together recently and sing Kumbaya, but now people have started getting sick of it, especially when leaders seem to be more interested in affairs and people 2000 miles away than trying to fix things inside the country.

Suggesting that Western people should have any sense of unique identity is literally Nazism. It is 2017 and we are citizens of the global village and to tell people they should prefer their local customs and culture is racist and outdated. Shame on you and go back to

I'm pretty comfy as I am, I have no interest fighting some individuals' in powers war. I would only fight if my family were in danger and the house invaded. Though, if the odds are bad I'd rather live and flee with them.

G*rmans bear a great deal of responsibility for the rise of anti-Western sentiment so I don't know why you'd think that poster would want to be associated with them.

>Wealth breeds degeneracy, laziness, obesity and hedonism
Then please do show me, how the poor countries in Africa are less "degenerate" in their behaviour, with AIDS (thus unprotected sex) rampant, poor quality of life, less scientific advancement etc.
And please do tell me, why obesity in the west is chronically linked to the lower income households rather than the actually wealthy ones.
And please do tell me the advantages of being nationalist, masculine but poor and with a poor quality of life, while the actual national leaders are rich as fuck (which they were in eastern Europe)

>Notice that eastern Europe didn't participate in the massive post-war economic boom, they're still rather poor, and they're still fiercely nationalist and masculine.

They also are willing to throw all that nationalism in the trash and sell a kidney to be able to immigrate to a diverse Western country.

I'd rather walk the streets of Krakow alone at night than Paris desu

If you're poor in France you're dealing with hostile Algerians abusing welfare gathering in salafist mosques and selling drugs if you're poor in Poland you're just...well poor.

They are less degenerate. Several African countries have banned homosexuality for example.

>obesity in the west is chronically linked to the lower income households rather than the actually wealthy ones
You answered your own question when you said "in the west".

I'd rather be poor and non-degenerate than rich and a faggot.

Because you can find a lot of them that go like "What do you mean that black Irish guy is more Irish than me?!?!??!" and other variations.

You have to go back.

Yes, infact the return of Sweden is already going on

What are you talking about?

Yet there are many more Poles living in Paris than Frenchmen living in Krakow. Poles immigrate to West by the millions but the number of Westerners moving to Poland is minuscule, literally just a few that married Polish girls.

>Humon comic
Literally kill yourself this second

>Suggesting that Western people should have any sense of unique identity is literally Nazism.
Are you crazy? The reason countries even exist is because people have a common identity and culture, that's what seperates one country from another and makes it unique. One country has a democratic identity, another has an Islamic identity. One country bases it's laws on morality, the other on the quran. Don't you think the cultures are going to clash sooner or later if they are in the same country?

If people had no common identity, we would have no countries at all. All countries on earth is based on that.

Now people are losing their sense of nationality, and we are heading towards orwellian consumerist societies because people have lost their culture. The west are currently like before the fall of Rome.

Every pole who moves to Western Europe just wants to sock away as many euros as possible before running back home to make a nice house and maybe buy his mother a nice car.

Every pole living in France will scamper off the moment the Algerians start chimping out (for real this time) en masse.

How about instead of embarking on another WeWuz national mistake, we turn liberalism into something worth being proud of?

Because that's what the west is, socially liberal on a relative scale and dedicated to individualism.

The issue is that modern progressives have divided people due to identity politics, instead of uniting them. They no longer advocate for understanding based empathy and "walk a mile in someone's shoes" mantras. Just kiss ass until ___ privilege is gone. It's flawed and won't work.

OP, people have that same pride in their own ethnic groups, they're just not bought by national borders anymore, just Jerrymandering.

>the number of Westerners moving to Poland is minuscule
That probably explains why Poland is still a safe country while the west is a terrorist and crime ridden shithole. Wherever westerners go they carry their niggers and their degeneracy with them.

Poles themselves would chimp out too if Western Europe adopted a closed borders policy.

>It is 2017
Not an argument.
>And we are citizens of the global village
No, we are not. If a white person goes to Thailand, he gets burned by the sun. If a black person goes to scandinavia, he gets Vitamin D Deficiency. Our bodies are biologically designed to stay in certain parts of the earth.

>and to tell people they should prefer their local customs and culture is racist and outdated.
More non-arguments, geez leftists can't bring logic to the table, it's all based on muh feelings.

I can smell your obesity all the way here.
Why do redditors keep infesting this board? It's high time mods started to ban these faggots.

It's the Poles that move to shitholes. The natives of said shitholes STAY. Who has more national pride?

Jesus, you people are stupid. He was being (very obviously) sarcastic.

Veeky Forums was a mistake, and so was this thread.

>we had countries with unique identity
>we wuz proud and shit
KYS, nationalism is cancer

People here are far dumber than /pol/ which I didn't think was even possible. Literally taking the shittiest bait.

How many poles stay?

You do realize this shit is a giant revolving door right?

You do realize Guatemalans come to the us Western Union $75k back home over the course of five years and then just go back and build a mcmansion, right?

Poles aren't moving to France for cultural enrichment. They're getting the best of both worlds really.

Meanwhile Pierre loses every step of the way...

Countries are an outdated concept and borders are literally just lines on a map drawn by old white men. There is only one race, the human race, and to construct artificial walls between people is problematic because we are living in a global society where there is only one culture, human culture.

Spot on, WW2 was the nail in the moral coffin for the west.

Now everyone can be everything, a girl can be a boy and vice a versa, normalizing degenerate behaviour through TV and education

Stfu

Why is it that only white countries have to totally destroy their national identities and become citizens of the world?

t. deracinated negroid

It's because of muh Hitler and muh Aryan Nationalism. Braindead Americans who would rather be addressed as their filthy mongrel ancestors than what they really are.

Ethno-nationalism is a cancer
regular nationalism is so so

Wtf are mixed people like me suppossed to do during nationalism, ignore the elephant in the room? Nationalism=Nazism, and "civic nationalism" is a joke lol.

Kill themselves.

Nationalism does not in fact, equal Nazism. Nazism is a perversion of Nationalism, a sort of reverse-kikery that scapegoats the minority groups (Who usually are a problem, but bear with me,) in order to distract the people so that the ruling elite can do Kim-tier hypocrisy "for the good of the nation".

Lol i bet you're a fucking loser who's only accomplishment is the color of his skin.

My gf is white with blond hair and blue eyes, u nazis mad lol

I'm not a while nationalist or anything. I'm a patriot but i would like to see my country (Sweden) improve

Because white people are inherently racist and oppressive so their identity must be destroyed.

The only flustered person in here is you I'm afraid.

>My gf is white with blond hair and blue eyes
I'm already feeling bad for your future children.

>The reason countries even exist is because people have a common identity and culture
What about Belgium? Don't they have like 2 regions that speak different languages?

What about Spain? Don't they have the Basques and Catalonians that don't even feel like Spaniards?

>y-yeah whitey! My gf is a pure white wimmenz!
What a waste of a post.

>Several African countries have banned homosexuality for example
How is that a good thing generally?
African countries have generally a higher abortion rate, a higher suicide rate, a higher crime rate, a higher rape rate, a higher drug use rate etc.
Which is funny, because I doubt that you're afraid of the rich people who live there but rather the people that came there from poor countries.

>Lol i bet you're a fucking loser who's only accomplishment is the color of his skin.
This seems to be the truth about these guys if you go by videos of those people who show their racism in public.

does your gf know you fetishize her race and brag about it to strangers on the internet?

It's kind of like people who aren't busy working enough so they become interested with philosophy and shit like wondering about your place in the universe
You aren't distracted/don't have enough problems in your life so you make some

>why don't racist white native pig dogs want me in their country reeeeeee

>muh accomplishments
>muh dik
Every time

>Who came from poor countries

The has majority of Arabs and blacks in France were born in France, we gave their parents a home,a job,education and a better life ( that's why they sought when coming here) .Their children's spit on us and on the country that feed them.
Vietnamese who came here were equally poor and often poorer, but they managed to be a successful community and nobody think ill of them. Other immigrants deserve the hatred as it's entirely their doing

Could it have been bait the whole time?

>The reason countries even exist is because people have a common identity and culture
You mean like a Bavarian and a guy from Hamburg who have completely different personal identities or culture? Or the French, were a Briton will feel very different from a person from Marseille? Or the Italians where a guy from Tyrol has a completely different cultural background than a Sicilian?
So countries have cultural differences within them. Then it must be the language they share.
Then I'd argue Switzerland with French, Italian, German and Retroroman speaking people, Germany with German, Sorbic and Danish speaking people in it, Belgium, Finnland with Saami and Finnish etc.

Or do you mean, that those people feel like they are part of a nation and that makes them united, so a common identity? Then we can talk about the proposed split of Belgium, that has been going on since forever, the Silesians who have a secession movement, the northern Italians who also have a secession movement. I mean, those happened since forever, so a common identity works to a certain degree, but then:

Why not Europe? Europe has a common history and identity, when clearly cultural difference happen within countries and language differences exist within countries and they work well. Or the Visegrad states, why don't they from a country, not a union? They have a common identity. Why do you need to be Polish, you can be Visegradian, the possibilities are there. Or BeNeLux. Or the Nordic countries. Or Spain and Portugal?

Imagine being such a faggot you feel inferior to your own girlfriend.

>Their children's spit on us and on the country that feed them.
Vietnamese who came here were equally poor and often poorer, but they managed to be a successful community and nobody think ill of them
So how does that argue against degeneracy =/= wealth, that I'm trying to prove here? You have people from poor countries getting wealthier and not becoming degenerate and you have people from poor countries that remain/become degenerate.

Excuse you but maybe if you weren't so racist to them they wouldn't spit on you. They are good people who didn't do anything but white people make them behave badly because of racism. Why is it that white people can never accept responsibility for being racist and all the problems that come from them being racist? Why are white people so racist and why haven't we gotten rid of them yet?

You have black privilege, check your privilege bro

Your fucking retarded. Get out \pol\ack

>\pol\ack
>\pol\
>\

Why should I be nationalist? I pay taxes, the state should require nothing more of me.

Listen Tyrone, racism isn't a thing in France, people with red hair or slanty eyes will be picked on a lot more than a black guy. Instead of proving their worth as the Asians did, they just show us that they were trash

Why do people always talk about nationalism as if it's some ancient thing that's always existed?

It's a fairly new concept, we'll do fine without it.

>Nationalism is also at its strongest in recent years.
t.insane

cucks like you who want to commit ethno suicide are even newer desu

how do blacks act in France?

Nationalism is tribalism on a greater scale, which is biological. Ignore biology and watch humans fall into darkness.

Black people cannot be privileged because of colonialism and slavery. Read a book you dumb honky.

That's racist.

Tribes aren't based on national identity.
Nations are a fairly recent concept.
Not an argument.

Like they do in every country

What did humans achive before nations?
What are humans achiving during nations?
What happens when humans lose their nations?
Civilization=prosperity
Globalism=downfall, IE lower wages for everyone

Is it your country though or is it of the elites?

The first step to deconstructing black supremacy is to admit you benefit from black privilege.

Step up, step down.

can I get an actual answer, I'm looking around but it seems more like blacks are irrelevant in France

>average modern day American signing up for the military voluntarily in droves

I can see people from poor states doing that. You have to keep in mind that different area have different price scales and wages. For people from poor area joining the military with a chance of promotion is a great deal. For others not so much.

The same logic goes to taking a blue collar job making war goods. However it is a bit more favorable because of likely post war outcomes (the stop of importing Chinese goods) and not getting shot at.

Elites will always have to exist, Abdul and his 30 welfare cheque cashing cousins do not have to exist.

>What did humans achive before nations?
A lot?
The dark ages is mostly a meme you know.

Read The Decline of the West by Oswald Spengler

>People are more interested in their own economic interests, than in the interest of the country as a whole.
People were like that before. The difference between then and now is globalism presents new opportunities so they aren't mostly limited to their nation's market.

>In China
China who was exploited by foreigners looking for cheap labor and loose or non existent regulations is some sort of bulwark against the evils of consumerism?

>Are western people ever going to rise up?
Rise up and do what? If the only thing you can think of is reduce immigration than the globalists have already won because there is a lot more to it than that.

>What did humans achive before nations?
Looking at the buildings of the Romans and the Egyptians, the inventions of the Sumer and the Chinese, the philosophy of the Greeks, the inventions of Galileo and DaVinci and nowadays the acheivements from scientists that work in international teams, quite a lot actually.

California is such a shithole.

aww hell naw fuck outta here wit dat shit mayne the blood of kangz flows through mah veinz and i aint gon sit here an let no bitchazz whyteboi mouf off bout how brothaz bein privileged an shiet smdh

>According to Spengler, the Western world is ending and we are witnessing the last season—"winter time"—of Faustian Civilization. In Spengler's depiction, Western Man is a proud but tragic figure because, while he strives and creates, he secretly knows the actual goal will never be reached.

>Faust is the protagonist of a classic German legend. He is a scholar who is highly successful yet dissatisfied with his life, which leads him to make a pact with the Devil, exchanging his soul for unlimited knowledge and worldly pleasures. The Faust legend has been the basis for many literary, artistic, cinematic, and musical works that have reinterpreted it through the ages. "Faust" and the adjective "Faustian" imply a situation in which an ambitious person surrenders moral integrity in order to achieve power and success for a delimited term.[1][2]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Decline_of_the_West
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust