Time to invest is running out

Ethereum is switching to partial proof of stake later this year.

github.com/ethereum/casper

The Casper protocol will include validators at every 100th block to finalize the transactions. In brainlet terms - every 100th block will be staked, not mined.

After partial proof of stake will come full proof of stake. At that stage, there will be no reason for anyone who has ether to sell their coins. Why sell the principal when it makes you free money, the best passive investment of the 21st century. You got at most two years before this opportunity is gone.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/871263595593572353
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is staking in terms of ethereum, and why does it require a proof?

I have a rough idea of what a block is but what does it mean to 'stake a block'?

sorry coiner here, but no plan what you are talking about. heard about the terms "stake of proof" and so on. but can anyone explain this in simple english to me?

are you telling me i should hodl all eth?

How many eth do you need to own?

>unless he considers you an attack and simply deletes your funds

Get out from this Ponzi scam

How many ETH do I need to comfy?

Anyone buying this coin now is a fool. The time to invest is gone. You could make better money off even the worst shit coins at this point.

you stake your coins, which means that you lock them for periode of time.
for that you get a % return.
this is POS and happens instead of mining, or something idk.

dont really know how many coins you gotta have or the % you will get.

anyone?

>At that stage, there will be no reason for anyone who has ether to sell their coins.
Wow, that sounds like a great currency!

How could this possibly break $1000 / ETH??

That kid can nerd out and delete your balance whenever he wants. So could anyone with a gun to his head or a hacker.

>Why would people spend their money if they can earn more by simply leaving them in a savings account!

OP is a moron

so it is good for traders and bad for miners?
thank you mister

I don't think that's the point. I doubt he holds the single key required to do that anymore.

Truth

every whale and big player would rather have their eth locked away in staking contracts than risk losing it to daytrading or just letting it site in a wallet doing nothing

this could very easily remove 50% of the total supply out of the market, except some huge pumps both pre-pos and post-pos

just 1

dont know, i currently have 12,4 and im about to buy 18 more

there's no real confirmed answers yet as its still being developed, but the current number is min. 32 ethers, with 5-7% staking reward paid once a year

so its beats pretty much having your money in the bank, just buy eth, and live off the reward

also still will make everyone rush into eth to get as many as possible, as those with 25 or so ether will want that atleast 32 to feel comfortable

so there's going to be a massive pump before switching to full PoS, and post activated PoS since the so many coins will be removed from the market

>being a daytrader

The fuck are you even talking about? Back up your statements

>Why sell the principal when it makes you free money

Because something else could make you money faster. PoS just implements a base interest rate you get for holding on to your "cash".

>If I shill it enough people will give me some cheap ETH

>Why sell the principal when it makes you free money
You can only spend that money if you sell....

Staking means sending your coins to a contract where they're locked for some duration. In return you get interest.

Noone knows for sure. Two years ago ethereum devs were saying as high as 1000. Six months ago it was 30-40.

>variation of "its a russian scam!" the post
kek

>ATH the post
kek
Its not logical to sell the principal if interest is enough for your needs. Coins will be taken out of circulation and locked in the casper contract. Then it will be a matter of demand and supply.

Less supply.

Heard this back on /biz when they fixed the DAO hack. $5 to $250, I'd say I did pretty good for myself. Nocoiner tears lel.

Good for holders, terrible for miners since on full proof of stake there is no more mining.

but if it is bad for miners, is it possible that the market crashes complete? if miners are angry than and the dump all their shit? or will market be stable if POW / POS is changing?

I need to know if the price is going to crash soon to buy more.

If miners have a large stock, they could just stake them.
If anything, this just signals people NOT to invest in mining rigs

Holding 150 ETH. Feels fucking comfy.

who is this brainlet beta numale?
he looks like the guy whose gf you fuck after trowing him in locker.
AHAHHAHAHA WEAK BETAS HAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

>t.nocoiner
get rekt poorfag, enjoy your ramen

at least 100. there is no help for you if you have less and you should kys.

T. BETA
JUST YOU WATCH THOSE MEME CHARTS WHILE I DRIVE YOUR GF IN MY LAMBO. AND AFTER THAT WE ARE FUCK AND LAUGH AT YOU. BUT DONT WORRY ONE DAY YOU TOO WILL BE RICH AND FIT

I'm pretty sure this is just the anti tampering protocols in effect.

pls no
last parts for my mining-rig arrive in a month ;_;

What will be the staking return in percentages? I suspect not large. If it was large, then people would keep ETH and not spend. If it is something like you would get in a savings account then yeah, why not, until you find a better use for ETH.

So I am guessing it will be something like 1-3% annual return?

5% would start competing with stocks (inflation adjusted).

By year 2020 Vitalik will be one of the most powerful men on earth. He will be able to dig back in Veeky Forums history, find your IP, trace you and send his henchmen to your address.

Who the hell you think sent John Titor back.

Just starting building a rig. Going to mine ETH until POS comes out. Then going to find another coin. Anybody else?

I hate it. If i had enough money, i would put everything on it and just let go for a few months ...

>retards think PoS switch won't be the biggest shitstorm in the history of crypto

the blocksize debate has NOTHING on this monstrosity

Vitalik giving us all the gift of a slow cash out chance all week in the 240s. Do it now or forever raget.

only ass-pained miners care about PoW, and those faggots don't control ETH

you can mine in PoS for nearly a year

Tom Clancy's The Casper Protocol

>only ass-pained miners care about PoW
wrong.

>and those faggots don't control ETH
right, and nobody should. However PoS shifts the balance of power towards the ethereum foundation for as long as their stake of ETH is significant. It's a power grab

He is referring to Vitaliks tweet from yesterday that seems to have spooked a fair amount of people

twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/871263595593572353

Is this why ether is basically evening out now? It went up by over 3% yesterday, today it's barely hitting 1%

As a first time investor should I buy ethereum? I just registered my coinbase account. I have a lot of money in the stock market, but want to play the cryptogame a bit. Looking to invest a few grand when the time is right.

No go buy all the next ETH's.

STRAT, ARK, WAVES,

Can you do that on coinbase?

how much ether is controlled by ethereum foundation? 85% ???

lmfao what a scamcoin

My sides are in fucking orbit user. Thank you for the best chuckle of the month

can we all point at this noob faggot and laugh?