Bible Interpretation

"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory."
-1 Corinthians 15:41

What exactly does this mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Heaven
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Heavens
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It means that as in all other things, everything God created is unique.

You are more used to "glory" being referred to in this context as "brightness".

The unique/divine is in all things and does not have a uniform appearance but is manifested in infinite difference incarnations

But in the preceding verse, it reads, "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another."

How do those verses relate?

>And the young men that had grown with him said to him; "You should say to the people that spoke to you, who said 'Your father made our yoke heavy, but you should make it lighter for us', you should say to them "My smallest finger is bigger than my father's penis

>And where my father burdened you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke; where my father beat you with whips, I will beat you with scorpions

1 Kings 12:10-11

What exactly does this mean?

Same as in the verses about flesh being different; the flesh of beasts is different from the flesh of fish and from the flesh of birds, etc.

Celestial bodies would be angels, different from us terrestrial bodies; and their glory as beings of light is different from our glory as beings of dirt.

King James Bible
So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

Are they talking about Solomon?

>My little finger is thicker than my father’s waist.

He's talking about halos in heaven. He greatest souls shine like the sun, the middle souls shine like the moon, and the lesser souls shine like the stars. "Lesser" in this case isn't derogatory. Since this is heaven, each is an honor/good thing.

It means if you thought you had it rough under my dad, I'm really going to jack you up.

It's a dick joke.

Rubbish.

It's Rehoboam's friends talking to Rehoboam; but Rehoboam's speech is comparing himself to Solomon.

Someone's been reading a bowlderized bible.

That would imply three heavens.

Paul himself talks about the different heavens. He talks about a vision he received from the third heaven.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Heaven

So why do religions then not preach about multiple heavens?

The sun is a star, maybe the Father is the stars, the sun is the Son, and the Holy Ghost is the moon.

They do. Maybe protacucks don't.

in buddhism I think they got multiple heavens

I like this interpretation, but then how does each star differ from another in glory if they're all God?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Heavens

Black holes are the devil.

Uhh, this isn't Pokémon.

It's a metaphor, when a star dies and collapses in on itself it becomes a black hole. God can't die.

>God can't die

Otherwise that wouldn't meet the criteria for God.

And who made that criteria? God? Pssh.

Well, Cowboy Dan's a major player in the cowboy scene
He goes to the reservation drinks and gets mean
He drove the desert, fired his rifle in the sky
And says, "God if I have to die you will have to die"
Well, Cowboy Dan's a major player in the cowboy scene
He goes the the reservation drinks and gets mean
I didn't move to the city, the city moved to me

That they believed the sun was a star?

Well, technically he created everything, that includes his own definition