Does anyone else unironically love rococo?

Does anyone else unironically love rococo?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediadiversified.org/2013/10/22/why-is-classical-music-still-as-white-as-ever/
theguardian.com/culture/2008/sep/14/music.classicalmusicandopera
youtube.com/watch?v=gEIVzWCRSg8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who doesn't?

It's turd. I'm sure there's some contrarian memesters who love it just as there are hipster dimwits who actually like Bouguereau.

Actually no, I take it back. I'm sure the posters who repeatedly post that kitsch academic shit are just pedophiles.

i honestly do, designed my room very similar to it.

I thought it was universally loved.

>using the retarded yiddish word kitsch
>not even knowing its meaning
Pseud detected

i don't
tacky shit

Great cookies.

I love every art style before the 20th century.

>Yiddish
>Retarded
>Not used in German, English and French to mean tacky, garish in poor taste.

What kind of special retard are you?

It also means overly sentimental which is exactly what both Rocco and academism can be.

It specifically means mass produced and low brow. Rococo is the oppositeof that.

>It specifically means mass produced
no, it doesn't

and nowadays rococo is considered low brow

That's your definition. Oxford dictionary does not define it as mass produced. It just so happens that a lot of mass produced shit is kitsch but that's not why that stuff is kitsch.

By Jewish "intellectuals" who think canned shit and empty canvases are high brow.

>da joos

Kitsch is actually a normal word in High German.

No, it's degenerate and extravagant.

like your whore mother

you missed the point
canned shit and empty canvases doesn't change the fact that rococo is kitschy

It's not kitschy at all.

Me.

Yes it is.

sure thing m8

Nice asspull argument you communist retard.

yes, but by starting a thread about art on Veeky Forums you're just inviting all the uninformed retards on this board to spout their baseless and shitty opinions

you don't know what kitsch means

>hurr durr ur a commie

>implying you aren't

>implying that matters

>p-pure coincidence goy

>you don't agree with me so you must be a jewish commie
wew lad
it almost looks like you like rococo only to be contrarian

>yiddish word kitsch

It's Frankish in origin

>implying liking rococo isn't the mainstream current
>implying communism isn't the epitome of being a contrarian
Typical tricks there nerchant

>implying liking rococo isn't the mainstream current
among uneducated poor ppl, sure
they like anything that's shiny, rich looking and over the top

>professor Schekelbaum at my university dislikes rococo and if you don't agree with him you're a contrarian

>unironically

Umm, try again sweetie :)

Why does there seem to lie a series of political, and even religious undertones under a seemingly innocent discussion as art? People never seem to be judging or even talking about the art itself, but some ulterior thing...

>ppl
You have to go back

cuck

>these colours
how can anyone like this?

who are you quoting?

Because, by its very nature, art has to be considered in the socio-political context in which it was created in order to have a full understanding and appreciation of the piece.

A kike.

Must be pretty as fuck at night with proper lighting.

For example I put on a Beethoven quarter for an aquaintance to hear once. He calls himself open-minded and is constantly looking to discover new artists, so why not rediscover an old master? But two minutes into the piece and he began to move his body as if he was possessed, furiously taping his hands. I stopped the video and asked what was bothering him. He then began to spew an array of buzzwords and political cliches, having nothing to do with music. I knew he was sort of a leftists, but -- the open-mindedness?

unironically cultural marxism

Beethoven quartet*

Beethoven was far from reactionary in his day, as you may or may not know, but classical music to him represented everything that he stood against, privilege, elitism, inequality... And because of this he was unable to listen to a simple piece of music. He was deafened by his political views, cut off, disabled, if you will, from enjoining an art piece.

Sad little footsoldiers, neopuritans outraged at the ideological impurity of politically incorrect art.

He sounds like a cunt. Tell him I hate him.

www.classicfm.com/music-news/latest-news/classical-music-racist/
mediadiversified.org/2013/10/22/why-is-classical-music-still-as-white-as-ever/
theguardian.com/culture/2008/sep/14/music.classicalmusicandopera

Art is not magic, it's a thing like anything else and so can be colored by emotion like anything else. You may think you love "Eroica", but if I put it on a constant loop for twelve hours while I torture you, you won't be quite so fond of the music by the end.

>even religious undertones
But this is the most important aspect. The devil seeks to invert everything that God does. God is all about goodness, beauty and truth. Leftists are incontinent individuals, slaves to their passions and inspired by the devil, thus they do the works of the devil. That's why they seek to oppose and destroy everything that is good, beautiful and true.

>t. christcuck

>my magic books says it's true!

Who could argue with such a profound claim.

I wouldn't call it low brow, just tacky as fuck, and compared to Enlightenment and Romantic art it serves relatively no purpose

>Be 18th century aristocrat
>Good life is not good enough
>Dream of Arcadia, where the good life is gooder
>Commission a painting of myself and some sexy cherubs in arcadia so I can jack off to it

Real good stuff

Lovely

>Im gonna prove my religion using muh holy book
I hope your not catholic too, thatd be embarassing. Probly evangicuck

did rococo ever deal with dark themes or was it all light fluffy shit

>just as there are hipster dimwits who actually like Bouguereau.

Explain why you have to be a "hipster dimwit" to like Bouguereau.

uh oh retard alert

youtube.com/watch?v=gEIVzWCRSg8