Who were the Sea Peoples?

Who were the Sea Peoples?
Where did they come form?
Why open a can of woop-ass on Egypt?

>he believes in the seas peoples
Wake up sheeple, 1207 BC was an inside job.

Swallow the Sardinian pill

Can you give me a quick rundown?

The descendants of the Anakim.

this

Well odds are there is no one group that could be strictly defined as the Sea People. What it seems is that there was a economic collapse that lead came from widespread famine and drought. This meant that people living in the marginal land had two options raid or die. Quite a few them chose to raid. The combined force of the economic collapse and gigantic waves of raiding parties led to the collapse of the late bronze age place economies.

Phoenicians

Recently read an article that claimed that "scientists" have now "determined" that the seapeople were Luwian and "established" science ignores them. Only a few linguists even know of their existence and history has to be rewritten.

I felt insulted.

Nah, the names of the various groups points to the Aegean, Sicily and Sardinia. Philistines are for sure from the Aegean. It's not much of a mystery who the sea peoples were, but why there was a sudden increase in migration

Merenptah writes how, in the fifth year of his reign (1209 BCE) Mereye, the chief of the Libyans, allied with the Sea Peoples to invade Egypt. He refers to the Libyan allies as coming "from the seas to the north" and names the territories as Ekwesh, Teresh, Lukka, Sherden, and Shekelesh.

Just figure out where those were.

did the sea peoples have iron

>why there was a sudden increase in migration

invasion of foreign peoples from the North, and East.

and it was a cascading effect that where famine caused people to turn to sea raiding which shut down Aegean trade so Mycanaeans couldn't get zinc to make bronze, so they're being invaded and suddenly have no metal to make weapons so they get overrun. When this happens lots of the Mycenaeans take to the sea and do the same thing to the Hittites, Assyrians and Kassites that happened to them, it was only against the Egyptians that they were turned back.

>famine caused people to turn to sea raiding

farming dependent populations generally don't suddenly learn arcane seafaring skills like celestial navigation overnight as a result of hunger, right?

I'm more inclined to think the sea peoples were nomadic and peripheral at best to the settled peoples of Anatolia and Egypt till the collapse, hence why it seems like they came out of nowhere archeologically.

Not him, but the Nuragic civilization on Sardinia were a highly organized people that comprised one group os the "Sea Peoples".

The Nuragics built castles and had high naval technology for the period. They seem to share mineral culture with Western Europeans during the Bronze Age, weapons found in Scandinavia have ores brought from Sardinia.

They also share helmet styles with Scandinavia.

cont-

Nuragic figurines

cont-

The Nuragic people seemed to be occupiers of Sardinia and possibly the inventors of Castles.

cont -
Forgot image

cont-

The main fortress seems often have been constructed first, then satellites buildings are added, like mushrooms they grow around the central fortress.

>Who were the Sea People
Boat people migrants, like those African shitheads who paddle to Europe nowadays. Also pirates.

>Where did they come from?
Sardinia, Sicily, Cycladean Islands, Anatolia, probably Crete as well. They weren't a single ethnicity but rather a collection of people who were migrating en masse from various directions.

>Why open a can of woop-ass on Egypt?
It was Egypt who whooped their ass, actually. Which is why Egypt was one of the few civilizations that survived the Bronze Age collapse.

>It was Egypt who whooped their ass, actually.
kek, the Egyptians never lost a single battle in their recorded history, funnily they only record victories. Pretty sure the Egyptians were very quiet about some periods of the Sea Peoples' invasions.

Always take Egyptian history with a pinch of salt, as they are infallible gods, what god kneels in defeat to foreign men?

>He hasnt read the shit they wrote during the first intermediate period
It was nothing but lamentations about how bad the times were

If Egyptians got BTFO suffered the same fate as Ugarit or something there wouldn't be any Egyptian civilization to speak of after the BAC.

>first intermediate period
The Great Circle of Order has been broken.

there was nothing arcane about seafaring, the Aegean societies were definitely seafaring cultures from their very beginnings, agriculture spreads across the Aegean by sea to the greek meainland before it spreads over land, and not just bags full of seeds but domesticated animals. They had ships sturdy enough to carry cows and goats across the Aegean during the neolithic period.

The sea people came out of nowhere to destroy the Mycanaean kingdoms, the Mycanaeans then became the sea people, although some seem to have fled to Cyprus considering they used Linear C writing.

kek, you really don't understand Egypt.

Well I would agree that it very likely the leaders of these groups were foreigners. Its extremely likely that many of the lower ranks were poor locals.

the egyptians were open about the fact that they lost all their possessions in the levant to the sea peoples. They were so proud of things like the battle in OP because it meant there wouldn't be a second foreign occupation.

Is gnosticism the nigger tier of religions? To my knowledge to this day there hasn't been a single white gnostic.

that's what I'm talking about. Sherden for one is Sardinia

>Shekelesh
I bet these were the Hebrews

>It was Egypt who whooped their ass, actually.
Well Egypt, like most states at the time, recorded every battle as a victory. considering that the Philistines were able to settle in Palestine and Egypt lost all control outside of Egypt, it doesn't seem like much of a victory

During Roman times when gnosticism was actually a thing, yes

>Romans
>white
Not even memeing now, late Roman empire was basically shitskin central.

Akwasa and Denyen were definitely Mycenean Greeks, the Danaju realm (aka Mycenean Greece) was known by Egyptians very well, they even listed several Mycenean cities as part of it, they had a precise idea of Mycenean Greece.

I don't know why they're listed separately, some peopel think Akwasa are Myceneans settled in Anatolia because that's how the Hittities call them.

So Myceneans were definitely there.

Lukka were of course Lycians as it's confirmed by other ancient texts such as Hittities and Ugaritic ones.

Philistines are a mystery but there are elements such as burials, pottery and city planning (and also the Bible) that connect them with Crete or Cyprus/Cilicia.

The Shekelesh and Sherden are a mystery but considering the close relationship Sicily and especially Sardinia had with the Eastern Mediterranean and Cyprus in particular, some kind of connection doesn't seem that far fethced to me.

Then of course we have Northen Africans aka Berber tribes such as Libu (Lybians) and Meshuesh (that Herodotus located in modern Tunisia) coming from the west, by land.

Finally we have Weshesh that have been connected to Oscians, and considering Italic people were migrating south during that period and were most likely employed by Mycenean as mercenaries (see Italic swords and other objects onboard Mycenean vessels and in Mycenean contexts), it's a possibility, though not the only one.

The Tjekker have been connected to Troy, but considering how small Troy actually was (hosted a few thousands people), I doubt they could be considered as a people or have an army counting thousands of men.

Oh yeah I forgot aboutthe Teresh who some connect with the Etruscans migrating from their supposed homeland in Anatolia and to others from Italy from where they were natives, of course speaking of Etruscans in the 13th century bc is controversial so their identity is probably the most difficult to discover.

This was like a crusade of the Bronze Age.

>implying the Philistines existed
I wish this meme died already.

They indeed did.

They are mentioned as "Peleset" by the Egyptians who also mention to have settled them in Canaan (that part of Canaan will take the name of Palestine from them), also Herodotus mentions the Pelastoi/Pelasgoi, but their original homeland is controversial.

They used bronze swords and spears mostly. people in Anatolia, Cyprus, Greece, Sicily and Sardinia manufatured some iron tools and some small blades too during the late bronze age but they still mostly used bronze weapons and tools

>people in Anatolia, Cyprus, Greece, Sicily and Sardinia manufatured some iron tools and some small blades too during the late bronze age but they still mostly used bronze weapons and tools
its important to note that during the bronze age lots of people still used stone and bone tools or weapons if they couldn't afford bronze ones, obsidian was still an important trade good long after the development of metal tools. And during the iron age bronze weapons and tools were still used by those who could afford them. Most roman officers would have used bronze weapons and armor since they are superior to iron ones. It's only the development of steel that changed this.

implying masons are not gnostics

Shekelesh sounds more like Sicily

Why are there two of these threads?

The walled part of troy was small, couldn't most of the people live around the walls?

>your mother's bulls
>your ass
>because you touch yourself

Im pretty sure that the heartland of Assyria wasnt invaded, they either pushed the sea peoples back or the sea people just didnt go that way.

I meat the inner city+the surroudning huts too.

I've read quite some studies about it, some say it had 5000 people in it which isn't much, but most articles talk about 1000 or 2000 people at most

Sea peoples mostly attacked the coast obviosuly

>share helmet styles with Scandinavia
viking horned helmets is a meme

>boat people migrants
Kek, what? They conquered and destroyed entire civilizations, that's not a thing for migrants to do, but for an army. A pretty good one.

>It was Egypt who whooped their ass
Like the other anons said, the Egyptians actually got their asses kicked a lot by them, that was actually the reason why they were so proud of the times they managed to win.

Why are there 2 of these posts?

he didn't say horned you fucking mong

The fact that they survived to brag about beating the Sea Peoples tells a lot. No other civilization did

>viking horned helmets is a meme
As practical items, sure. As ritual artifacts and pieces of art, not at all.

>migrants
>army
Why are you talking like those two are mutually exclusive? They were both migrants and army.

The egyptians literally admit being ruled by hyksos for centuries.