The American Ethnicity

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the American Ethnicity?
Do you think it is a real thing? Do you support it as an identity most Americans should adopt?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ethnicity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Europeans get triggered when we call ourselves German/Irish/Italian-American
>Natives get triggered when we call ourselves American

Wikipedia links for those interested

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ethnicity
>"Why should I let these freaks cast whole ballots when they are only half Americans?"
>"Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready."[4][5][6]
>"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all … The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic … There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else"

interestingly, if we accept the American Ethnicity as true, that makes them a subset of the Anglic group, meaning it goes something like
Indo-European -> Germanic -> West Germanic -> Anglo-Friscian -> Anglic -> American

It's more an identity than ethnicity, like being a Roman during the late Roman Empire when you might actually be ethnically Greek, Gallic, or Carthaginian.

Your image is mostly a result of self-reporting where most who self-identify as American either don't know or don't care about their ancestral ethnicity.

Except according to and there's no reason to not think many of them are German, French, Irish or whatever and simply share the same viewpoint that they are American before anything else.

Well a citizenship is just is just a matter of being on someones census.
An ethnicity is defined as 'An ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities, such as common ancestral, language, social, cultural or national experiences.[1][2]", with which many an American fits in.
A Greek, Carthaginian, or Gaul had their own gods and languages, therefor their own ethnicities. Being Roman was a citizenship, a Latin was a ethnic group.

PLEASE delet that 2000 census map

Well we sure as fuck don't think of ourselves as Indo-Europeans, nor Germanic outside broad strokes of kinship, as with Anglos as well.

the Wikipedia page needs to be updated then.

Being an American is about being the cream of the crop from other countries. If you can't proudly call yourself an American, it means you're probably a dumb nigger, a lazy spic, or a trash-tier white that's failed in life.

Texas is pretty racially diverse, but fosters an environment where naturally gifted and hard working people can thrive, while societal leeches quickly flood out. It overachieves its IQ average more than any state. California turns its hispanics in to straight up Niggers with its welfare state.

Germans spread like the fucking plague

nah, they/we live in sparsely-populated areas, the Texas Hill Country, the Midwest, there isn't so many but they're all frontiersmen.

and of course, >"""Germans""""

>Being an American is about being the cream of the crop from other countries.
It's the other way around, Europe sent only their trash to America. Religious nutcases, poorfags, criminals and retards.

I mean, some of us are so mongrelized, we practically are our own thing.
Most of them should probably just be counted as British, though, since that's likely their majority.

>There are over 200 million whites in the US
>Average IQ of a white American is 103
>Still higher than any single country in Europe

There's a reason why we own the world buddy.

I'm being dead serious, you got the bottom of the gutter. Sicilians from Italy, Irishmen, hinterlanders and border Scots from Britain, eastern Poles from Poland, etc. Utter dregs of every nation joined together and formed America.

You may be serious, but it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

>Turned the worst of Europe into a superpower

>Sicilian Americans earn more on average than modern Sicilians

QI is more about education and memorization than race and true intellect, you got the undesirables and plebs mostly.

It's 100% correct. Why would an upper class, educated person leave for America? They were destitute manure shovelers looking to start anew.

I bet the other country in NE Pennsylvania is Polish or Italian. Kinda surprised Lackawana (only purple up there) is Irish over Italian, its extremely close between the two here.

The answer to the riddle is that old world attitudes on superiority being inherited is less effective than Americans of all backgrounds raised up whenever they manifest superior ability despite their family or social history.

Our Anglos came from the Scotch-Irish, Lowland Scots, and northern English

we got the shit Anglos, but those shit Anglos were handed a whole continent.

it's the best thing to do with your worst desu, it made them their best.

the Anglo cannot be stopped.

ethnicity is a ton more than your paternal lineage, it's about how you live in the here and now.

our language, social, cultural, and national experience come from a branch off of the Anglo tree, but not quite the same, since we have our own protestant christian churches, our own dialects of English, our own nation.

What's with the spike of British identification?

Except ethnically they are more Irish/German/Mexican/African than Anglo.

Ethnically how? How many actually speak the Gaelic/German/Aztecan/Bantu language? How many actually brought that way of life to America and continue to live that way?
The answer is very few, abd by all rights have been ethnically assimilated into American-variety Anglo living.

That would be nice if whitey would just treat me like an American-American who happens to have some different family traditions and eats different food sometimes. But that doesn't happen.

American as an ethnic identity should be referred to those with colonial heritage.

American as an ethnicity is not monoracial -Those with roots from the thirteen colonies having all being interrelated should be counted as such-

Probably a change on the Census form. "American" ethnicity tends to be either a varied mix of European ethnicity or a term for Scots-Irish, so some of the latter might have switched their ID to "British".

Why are there so many Portuguese immigrants in southern Massachusetts?

England is the most common ancestry in America. The original colonists have been multiplying all this time, keeping up with immigration. It's under reported however because most people associate more with more recent immigrant ancestors and if one goes far enough back one simply labels their ancestors "Americans".

Being british is cool again

i dont really care. being american entails having a set of ideals, not an ethnicity.

RHODE ISLAND WHY DO YOU LET US DOWN???

Ethnicity name comes from Amerigo Vespucci.
Think about it.

New England/Upper Great Plains confederation when?

t. Minnesota, still counting as great plains

Sure, if we can stop importing somalis into our state.

American ethnicity makes sense. It shows a healthy pride in one's own culture, rather than thinking oneself as Irish for example because of 1/16 ancestry and drinking green dyed beer on St. Patrick's day with a green polyester caricature of a top hat and a phony accent.

Hey now, they clearly haven't changed out IQ too much. Same with Maine

American=mixed race

>an IQ statistic map with an average score around 100
it's sad that I'm both surprised impressed. people generally post ones with an average around 85-90 that don't make any sense.

meritocracy wins out. they left europe because they were sick of retards like you spouting nonsense crap at them about dregs and gutters and shit while letting your culture and economies stagnate.

>implying the portion of the british isles that wasn't conquered by rome were the "shit anglos"

Do the Germans get pissed when we use Oktoberfest and great uncle Hans as an excuse to drink?

>economies
Guess that's why America is literal 3rd world compared to Western Europe

How so?

I mean that we got the non-influential non-urban Englishmen, we got disenfranchised Anglos from the rural countryside.

>England is the most common ancestry in America.
[citation needed]

Whats better, the trash or the losers who were worsted by trash?

Is Germany ancestry really that big on America? I always knew about german inmigration to America But didint know was that big. Tbh I thought that italian or irish inmigration to america was bigger than the german one.

are you drunk?

In 1850, right as the Midwest and plains were really being settled we had a huge German immigration wave.
That being said, there is almost nothing identifiably German about them.

>>Average IQ of a white American is 103
>>Still higher than any single country in Europe
Eh no, I'm italian. Average here is 113.

What is wrong with "European-American"? it's not so vague that it pretends American is an ethnicity and it's not so specific that it pretends pure european ethnonationalities exist in the new world.

Whitey wants nothing more than to treat you like americans but other whiteys and some non whiteys don't want that to happen.

I thought it was German with Irish a close second? Its amazing how once the Irish infected America they multiplied so quickly

Mamma mia

how exactly does this make sense when 100 is literally the average IQ in a population?

bait

>Africa-tier crime rates
>shit health care
>heroin/crack epidemic
>bullshit political system
America is something like Dickensian England combined with Brazil and Uganda.

I don't. But I do think it's hilarious a country with such a ethnically diverse background still thinks it's important to stick to ethnicities. You should all just stop giving a fuck where your ancestors came from tbfh

because africa & south america my good man

> tfw I'm a white dude from Tennessee and I have no idea what my ancestry is except for the fact that my family has lived in one county for like the past 100 years and nobody gives a fuck where they came from any more so I just call myself American

I'm glad my parents left that shithole when they were younger

Depends on the region.

New Orleans, Detroit, Baltimore, and St Louis are all third world tier cesspools.

But you've got places like the Gold Coast in Chicago and Upper East Side in Manhattan that are some of the richest areas on the planet.

And places like Maine that don't have a whole lot of niggers, and are therefore nice.

I'm a Mexigerman from America so at this point I kind of have to just call myself "American"

That's the thing, country's development level should be judged by its working class, not by its billionaires. I'm sure Russia has some of the most billionaires per capita on Earth and it's still a shithole country for the average person.

Because there's nothing that actually can be defined by being "European"? What language does a European speak? What religion? It's nonsense.