Does Japan view Buddhism as a foreign religion?

Does Japan view Buddhism as a foreign religion?

Did right wing Japanese factions ever make opposition to Buddhism a direct goal, or was it just a byproduct? I know Yukio Mishima was critical of it, but he was also a little off the deep end.

Buddhism is seen as the framework of the cosmos

The Shinto deities occupy the role of the devas within Japanese Buddhism: powerful beings worthy of devotion, but still victims of samsara

The Buddh of Japan is not prince Siddhartha Guatama

Buddhism demands very little of political system. The praxis of Buddhism can also easily exist without its original foreign deities, and can also assimilate domestic gods. It's inherently syncretic except with it comes in contact with dualist religions like the Abrahamisms.

Yeah Mahayana was especially suited for this.

>Did right wing Japanese factions ever make opposition to Buddhism a direct goal

Yes, but that was back in the medieval period for the really efforts. There was some limited effort in the 1920s but by then Shintoism and Buddhism could not be effectively split apart. So it just came down to a change of which rite was used in public settings.

Meiji era made efforts to separate them so as to distinguish a pure japanese mythology in Shinto from foreign influences in Buddhism.

WW2 also did the same, where state religion was Shinto and Buddhists who do not offer prayers to Shinto myths were considered heretics.

Bhuddism was a central part of Japanese beliefs for over 1000 years

Westerners often dont understand this.

Eastern faiths are flexible and easily aborb each other as well as indigenous religion.

Its not Western Abrahamic religion that tries to destroy everything in its path

I have absolutely no idea of what the japs feel about it, but I'm pretty sure they aren't just ignoring a religion that they've followed for hundred of years.

Hell, see how a few Europeans turn back to Paganism sometimes?

>Western Abrahamic

Semitic =/= Western

>right wing
>chicken

>Christianity is just re-skinned roman paganism!
>Abrahami s destroy all indigenous beliefs!
I wish the critics would make up their minds.

My people have only been christian for 700-800 years and don't view it as foreign religion so I doubt Nips give a shit either considering they don't really follow just one faith but mix and choose whatever they want.

>i wish everyone made the exact same argument so i could lazily dismiss people i disagree with

Those two things aren't necessarily independent of each other? Roman paganism had a heavy emphasis on conquest and imperialism simply because that's what leaders asked the gods for.
A leads to B.

How are Abrahamic religions dualist and Buddhism is not?

So at that point where's the supposed shame? We're coming to spread Gods word and synthesize it with native beliefs and don't really care if your salty about it :3

One of the main tenets of Buddhism is that all dualities are illusions

So simply put, they can be differentiated by their views of good and evil, right?

By "they" do you mean Abrahamic religions vs. Buddhism? I guess. They can be differentiated by a lot of other things too

That's what I meant by "they", yes. I was just wondering more about how they differ on the issue of dualism. Is it also a mind-matter thing?

>Is it also a mind-matter thing?
Yeah dude, ALL dualities. They're illusory

>One of the main tenets of Mahayana is that all dualities are illusions

Fixed that for you, Kenji

Fuck off you Orientalist faggot. Asian history has plenty of examples of Buddhism, Hinduism, Confucianism, and Shinto persecuting one another and forming radical violent sects.

>tries to destroy everything in its path
Christianity absorbed tons of European pagan shit. Just not the gods. Or, at least, it stopped calling them gods.

What about illusion vs reality?

Checkmate, Buddhists

What's an illusion? Something you think that's incorrect? Something you see that other people don't see?

What's reality? Something you think that is correct? Something you see and other people see? The difference is only in how many people agree with you. They don't have inherent qualities that make them distinct.

some people think illusions aren't real.

then what are they?

>aren't real
>what are they
Nothing?

then how do they fool you

Because it appears real, and you believe it's real, but it's not. I don't understand what you're getting at. Just ask your question instead of dancing around it

Is there a difference between illusion and reality?

>appears real

how, if it does not exist

I said that illusions and reality don't have inherent qualities that make them distinct. I didn't say illusions "don't exist" or reality "does not exist."

So any distinction between illusion and reality is an illusion?

You're begging the question by using the word "illusion" twice. Are you gonna pay me for all this? Because you could also just read a book

The new kind of trolling is also the most extreme. It is gaining strenght as we speak and doesn't figure on the chart.

The trolling consists in ignoring all other types of trolling exist. That is, you take things literally, waste your time explaing rhetoric questions and kill the other trolls as they are going to be forced to post "that's the joke" every single time.

You go on unchanged. You simply continue to explain things up to trolls, falling for them so seriously they won't know what to do. Jimmies completely unrustled.

This is the most insane type of trolling and I am somehow doing it right now as I explain this to you.

Good day.

>Buddhism
>persecuting one another and forming radical violent sects.
e.g?

Name one, LARPing Christcuck. Even the bloodiest war in Chinese history was caused by a crazed Christcuck faggot trying to bring about the Apocalypse.

I know Ashin Wirathu is currently leading some monks in the 969 movement who are killing Muslims, but I don't know of any sectarian violence in Buddhist history.

That's cuz his name is literally "Asian Wrath"

>Confucianism.
>Which doesnt have a single fucking priest or religious organization.
>"radical violent sects."

In Tibet and Japan, there were wars between monastic organizations, but more on secular matters (i.e. you're fucking up my lands and influence at court) rather than the conversion of the other guy.

Closest a Buddhist ISIS came to be was the Ikko Ikki movement, which was a sort of millenarian cult.