Ausfag here

Ausfag here

What sites do you use to trade crypto? Im new so ive only bought small amount of BTC and ETH on coinbase but its shit and doesnt let me sell or trade

Ausfag also. I used coinjar to get my BTC. I'm trading on Poloniex and Bittrex.

Coinjar has instant transfers between Commbank also, so it's quick to get started once your account is verified.

use gdax.

btcmarkets

I do exactly what this cunt does tbqh

Worked well for me so far. I'm also on com bank

Takes a few days to get your shit to get verified on coinjar but. Once that's out of the way however it's real smooth.

It can be a little quicker if you email support and ask. That's what i did. It only took a day.

Bitfinex

Coinbase, transfer to bittrex

Btcmarkets volume is ridiculously low. There's no point using a national exchange for trading I've found, not quick enough to Day trade on and doesn't have very much altcoin variety. You're better off just using bitcoin as your main currency on poloniex and bittrex and cashing out with coinspot which is really useful because it allows you to convert instantly back to $AUD if you fear bitcoin is going to crash. A bit of piece of mind.

Coinspot is also a good spot to buy/sell bitcoin and alt coins over the counter. I'm just suss about POLi payments with com bank because you need provide POLi access to your Netbank. I am a lot more comfortable with the fact that coinjar allows you to use BPay.

so heres another question:

bittrex or poloniex?

Both. Poloniex offers less coins. Bittrex offers lots more. Other exchanges sell the shitcoins like Moon, ect.

Yeah another DEPRIVED AUSFAG here where it's still insanely difficult to get bitcoin without being rammed up the arse with an at the least $200 + aud mark up.

I ended up using btc markets > transfer to where ever I choose but the other suggestions like Coinjar and Coinspot are common too.
>AUSSIES DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH COINBASE; it's a locked in maximum of around 150 weekly no matter what verification steps you take.

>Only thing really worth mentioning - would be to look for the ones which are the closest to the Bitcoin USD price converted to AUD (when looking to buy) and the opposite when looking to sell back into AUD whenever that time may come if you're one with HODL hands of steel.
>also get the process going asap;. don't wait until you see an opportunity and want to buy - by the time the verification + transf is done, it will be gone

> Source: wanted Factom when it was sub $10 > got set up at $14 >Said I would wait for big drop> drop never came; still trying to forgive myself.

Just get both. It depends what altcoins u wanna trade. Poloniex has a higher 24hr volume so it is the most happening of the exchanges but bittrex has more variety and is more frequently updated with new coins.

There's no harm in exchanging your bitcoins between the two and using both platforms at once however. At the moment for example, I use poloniex to trade divibyte because there is a constant volume of trade activity there. And I use bittrex to trade vtorrent and basic attention tokens because bitttex is the biggest exchange that allows you to trade these altcoins.

There's no point restricting yourself to just one exchange. Also if one exchange gets Gox'd and goes down, you'll be better off because you didn't have all your eggs in that one basket.

so are coinjars fees a lot better than btcmarkets?

I used Independent Reserve to get verified within a few hours and they use Poli payment which is instant from your bank account. Eth and BTC prices are inflated but just bought and transferred to Polo then will end up selling for AUD back on IR when I wanna cash out so it won't make much of a difference

It's costs more to buy from coinjar because it's a lot more like buying bitcoins from the supermarket rather than from the suppliers (miners/other traders). You are able to sell for a higher price however and you also have the convenience of jumping between bitcoin/aud. Coinjar have a flat rate of 1% on buying/selling bitcoin from/to them.

AUD bank deposit to btcmarkets.net > bitcoin > btc-e/poloniex/bittrex

btcmarkets.net > AUD > Lambo

I was going to purchase using IR, then transfer to cointree - is it a better strategy to use Polo?

General consensus on bitcoin.com.au? Seems like a rip off to me.

Also, is it worth getting your identity verified? I generally dislike giving that kind of stuff away.

coinjar + poloniex

Dud just use coinjar, it's a 1% fee. There's fuck all split between their buy and sell price so you don't get fucked. Probably the best service available to Aussies

Thoughts on Cointree for alt coin trading?

no lie?

tradesatoshi.com has a good selection of shitcoins