I know that Jesus really died in a cross according to most historians and scholars, but what about the apostles...

I know that Jesus really died in a cross according to most historians and scholars, but what about the apostles? Is there any evidence of their deaths as portrayed by the church?

>St. John
>natural death

kek

>Remains of 11 of the 12 Jews ended up in countries that were heavily Christian during the Middle Ages
What's the next step of his master plan?

>Most of the remains ended up in the hands of the most powerful Church
You don't say

>Is there any evidence of their deaths as portrayed by the church?
pretty sure it all comes from oral tradition and non-canonical christian writings

>most powerful church is the one most successful in convincing others they have the true relics
you don't say

If by apostolic "remains" you mean some unknown deceased they dug up from local cemeteries, posing them as apostles in order to make a quick buck

>inb4 muh pork smuggling

So being as Church tradition is pretty much the only period evidence of these claims we can pretty much disregard this whole chart now cant we?

How exactly can they claim/know the remains belong to a particular individual?

Do Jews really have that huge of a collection of names to choose from? I refuse to believe that out of 13, only james had same names.
also, why are there 14 apostles in OP's pic?

i't SEEN it

I think so.

>be Saint John
>see Jesus and your friends die before you for what they said and did
>tfw you're the last survivor of Christ's followers
>tfw you're alone and old in an anti-Christian world
He must've cried alot tbqh.

James the lesser resurrected as james the greater you retard read a fucking book

Come on, everyone knows Peter was turned into a rock and Jesus built a church on him.

>Crucified on x shaped cross
were't all crucifixions carried out on x shaped crosses?

X shaped as in the Cross on the Scottish Flag

On the plus side, he wrote Revelation, which is the most metal book in the Bible.

that's exactly what i meant, would have said t-shaped if i was referring to the meme crosses of the church

>writing Revelation while Jesus and all your friends are dead
How could he do that without having to stabilize his mental conscious?

except he didn't. Paul was the only apostle that actually literate. Also, book of revelations was most likely done in the end of first century which is decades after John death.

>Paul was the only apostle that actually literate.

Wasn't Matthew was a tax collector? I'd assume he was literate.

>Who's that writing?
>John the Revelator.

Jews do have a great collection of name, why not ? Beside, some of the apostles are actually called by their family names (like Bartholomew) and some have the same name but with a different translation (Matthias and Matthew)

There are 14 apostles in OP's pic because Matthias and Paul were not part of the original 12 apostles

Where's Stephen

Thomas died in India and I'm pretty sure his remains are in a church somewhere near Chennai.

Source: been there

Which apostles went east and founded nestorian christianity?

>>Is there any evidence of their deaths as portrayed by the church?
No. They were largely illiterate inhabitants of a somewhat backwater province in the roman empire. Nobody who mattered in that empire cared about them in any real way and for all we know most of them probably weren't even executed.

None of the apostles were Nestorians
Thomas and Phillip went east

There's some genuine sources for what happened to Peter although they aren't very strong.

For all the others it's just made up Christian fantasy stories.

that's sad. It was a popular folk tale of the apostles who went east and were never heard from again until Prester John saved Constantinople in 1402.

that he died in a jail in jerusalem?

No, James the Lesser became James the White

>crucified on an x shaped cross
so... just a cross then?

No. Cross were usually a upper case T.

Are you talking about this book?

My nigga

"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

No, retard. That's a passage from the Gospel and John (Galt).

Retard
1. Slang, N; Mentally retarted person.
2. Slang, N; Stupid Person
3. Verb; Resistant to outside influences or substances.
1. "Look at all the retards'
"My brother is a retard"

2. "Bobby is such a retard"
"Only retards each boogers"

3. "Retard the flames with your urine, Retard"
by Don August 05, 2004

S A N T I A G O