When this UN (United Nations) become such a joke?

When this UN (United Nations) become such a joke?

What's the point of this organization?

Other urls found in this thread:

hrw.org/news/2009/03/25/israel-white-phosphorus-use-evidence-war-crimes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's the point of this organization?
Promoting economic development and foreign aid. It has always sucked at stopping conflicts but it does a decent job in regards to humanitarian stuff

They provide a framework for multiple international organizations that do a lot of good, like WHO. Though /pol/ is retarded and if it doesn't have enough whites and a military force it is useless.

The UN is a cornerstone of the post-WW2 established order that has been responsible for the most peaceful & prosperous epoch in human history.

This. The UN isn't perfect, but it's various organizations like the WHO are quite effective. People act like the UN needs to panacea to all the world's problems or else it's worthless.

Moreover, the UN's budget is small to begin with.

Contrary to popular perception, the WTO and IMF are actually extremely powerful UN organizations, but they aren't as media-prone as organizations such as the Blue Helmets.

The WHO alone pretty much validates it.

>When this UN (United Nations) become such a joke?
After Hammarskjöld got killed by the Katangans it went downhill. Having one of your predecessors get killed in office is a big impetus to not rock the boat.

Ehh, I'd give it another 100 years before I'd go that far

What do you mean 'go that far?' Everything good the UN has done doesn't count because they haven't done for an arbitrary period of years to your liking?

If you think the UN is a failure then make an argument or don't post.

this, also maritime law is regulated by the UN and they do a really good job at that too.

The training you have to do to become a ship officer or engineer is the same standard in every single country in the world.

The success of the UN should have long-lasting results especially to be judged so favorably. Im in support of it btw

>has been responsible for the most peaceful & prosperous epoch in human history.
Prosperous is debatable, but you can thank the absence of large-scale geopolitical wars to this guy alone

It was created by Jews so nations around the world in the United Nations would recognize Israel as a Jewish State in 1948.

Other than that, it served no purpose other than protect the interest of Jews.

>Prosperous is debatable
I mean, I'm only basing 'prosperous' on every measurable economic metric.

I'm not doubting post-WWII was the most prosperous era of human existence, just whether it was due to the UN

It was definitely due to international globalism, if nothing else.

>Other than that, it served no purpose other than protect the interest of Jews
That's why they just condemned settlement building in the West Bank and the historically Jewish-dominated area of West Jerusalem, right?

Yeah, but I chalk that up more to the Bretton Woods System than the UN

they condemned and do nothing about it. it is the institutional equivalent of he will not divide us, but a 20 yo like fail to see what taking action means.

So by condemning Israel (and giving a de jure international mandate to support Palestine) but not taking any other action, they're still protecting Jewish interests like you claimed earlier?

What is human rights?

hrw.org/news/2009/03/25/israel-white-phosphorus-use-evidence-war-crimes

You did this to yourself Schlomo.

The UN is foundational to the post-ww2 order along with the international financial institutions like the World Bank & IMF which helped facilitate & promote economic growth.

Was the UN SOLELY responsible? Of course not but it was an integral aspect of a series of organizations & initiatives that underpinned the security & growth of the new era. Could the UN do better in certain areas, of course, but it's important to understand the UN was never meant to be a super-governmental body that could impose policy on sovereign nations, which naturally limits the range of their abilities.

There seems to be an ironic overlap between the people who distrust even the slightest encroachment on their national sovereignty by international organizations as an intolerable & anti-democratic overreach and the people who decry the UN as a useless organization because of its self-imposed limits which is cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Nice straw man, but I'm actually strongly anti-Israel, not because of human rights or any of that bullshit, but because they repeatedly fabricate intelligence to the US, sell out military secrets to the Chinese, steal our nuclear material/triggers and shot up the USS Liberty to prevent Soviets from intercepting and forwarding to the Egyptians a potential cable they might've sent to the carrier fleet detailing the Israeli buildup on the Egyptian border prior to the Six Day War

Nice back peddling.

Quality shitpost newfriend

>itt: globalists

The US needs to withdraw from NATO.

t. guy who didnt know what NATO was until Trump railed against it

Its a hyprocritical organization that cares about the moralfaggotry of Europeans and not the actual needs of the entire human race as a collective like advancement. Instead in the U.N is the perfect metaphor for white behavior a lunatic that prides on being a hero to those suffering and getting ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in return. Rather they like to eternally babysit third world hellholes instead of finding ways to make the humans there advance and live on their own.

Why on earth would anyone be against globalisation? Shut down your computer and move to the woods if you hate progress, freedom and capitalism. Commie.

Communists were proponents of globalization though, my uneducated friend.

What communist party or writer?

The very fact you just randomly posted about NATO in a thread about the UN suggests you don't really have a very detailed grasp of the issue. I would just go away and look at a website about cars and women or some shit if I were you.

sacrificing your own security, your own prosperity, your own freedom, to "help" others on the other side of the globe is stupid and immoral.

Self preservation and nationalism are greater benefits to quality of life and achievement than globalism and international charity ever will be.

oops, sorry this was meant for

Marx and Engels

Globalization is not the same as global communism at all. Aside from being global, they have nothing in common. Globalization is the natural progression of capitalist institutions.

international markets are not the same as globalism

Nor is the very real outcome of china's ponzi scheme economy exploding and dragging down every other continent on the planet because of "muh markets" a good thing

They were proponents of globalism in the same way they were proponents of capitalism. Neccessary stages on the journey to True Communism™

>finding ways to make the humans there advance and live on their

The only way to save Africa is bombed that entire continent to the ground, then replace its former population with white setlers.