We haven't had a Burgundy thread in a while

We haven't had a Burgundy thread in a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anscarids#Ivrea
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm more of an azalea guy myself.

I was wondering this myself. There was always a Burgundy thread on Veeky Forums a while back. Have we lost our medieval hipster sensibilities?

Charles the Bold did everything wrong

>adopting the cross of Burgundy and trying to make the Belgian fascists call themselves "Burgunds"
>the whole plan about an "SS" state of Burgundy out of French, Belgian and Swiss territories

I hate the shitty meme, but
Was it Autism?

>tfw you're a power hungry asshole but god put you in charge of a little bitch ass kingdom sandwiched between the two most aggressive assholes on the continent

It was glorious.
Lotharia/Burgundy is the best part of Europe
see: blue banana

So you think the odds were against him? I think he was just a shortsighted idiot.

this is the most autistic shit i've read today

it was mostly one guy who had a passion for it and made several threads

>I think he was just a shortsighted idiot.
This. Burgandy owned the wealthiest parts of Europe and could have played with France and the HRE at their will

That one thread lasted a month. It was glorious.

yeah i liked it too. i wouldn't complain if there were a perpetual burgundy thread

Burgandy general?

Gimme the lowdown on Burgundy, boys. The only thing l know about it is that it's last ruler got his head cleaved in two.

>Angevins take over their bit of France
>Burgundy takes over their bit of France, the Rhine and a wee bit of Savoie
>The Pope acknowledges the Kingdom of Lotharingia
>The >H >R >E gets broke up centuries earlier
>France is reduced to a rump state
>Portugal and Aragon remain in Burgundy's sphere of influence
>Castile&Leon is left to rot on its own
G-glorious

>>Castile&Leon is left to rot on its own
That would be fucking retarded.The rulling houses of Castille were an offshot of the house of Burgandy and besides Castille was more powerful than Argon and Portugal combined

>burgandy
>argon

Castille inherited Aragon's Burgundian claims - they had nothing to do with the Burgundians until the joining of Castille with Aragon.

man, Burgundy was the most aesthetic dychy in europe, wish it crushed the swiss fucks at grandison

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anscarids#Ivrea
Castille was ruled by a Burgandian dinasty and the Trastamaras that ruled Aragon where of Castillian origin and a bastard cadet branch of the Ivreas.Also Aragon had none Burgandian claim

Belgium and the Southern Netherlands' lifestyle is still called Bourgondisch in the Netherlands. Pretty cool that such a concept survived. Gotta love being lion bros

Year well, I may have fuxked that up. Spain still sucks a big bag o dicks tho

>Year well, I may have fuxked that up. Spain still sucks a big bag o dicks tho
t.Wilhem the Spanish rape baby

>Wilhelm
Wew lad

First Duke was an affluent French prince that married himself into a ton of land.
Second Duke was too busy with backstabbing politics and got assassinated on a bridge in front of his son. Added some land though.
Third Duke was pretty based. Unified the Low Countries for the most part and brought glory to Burgundy.
Fourth Duke modernized the military and also got his head cleaved in half.

Had Burgundy not fallen, it may have acted as a buffer state between France and Germany, so things like the Thirty Years War and the Great War may have been very different.

Burgundy?

More like, FUARRgundy

DELETE THIS
BURGUNDY IS RIGHTFUL FRENCH VASSAL
VASSALS DONT GET THEIR OWN THREAD

What is it with Veeky Forums and Burgundy?

>What is it with Veeky Forums and Burgundy?
>People played EUIV
>Burgandy OP
>Muh I love Burgandy
*reads wikipedia article*
>Muh Charles the Bold
*reads wikipedia article*
*Spends 250 hours painting a map in EUIV*

its just two belgian autists with a lot of free time

>implying
They're obviously Dutch.

I never learned about Burgundy during School.

Where did they come from? Why did they end? What did they produce? Who were there allies, their ambitions, their achivements?

Burgundy is actually a perfect case study for Americans to understand feudalism and how such a thing as Belgium could even be.

But sadly enough they fail at that too and have meme tier takes on it.

why would they obsess over Burgundy when they have their golden age? Its Belgians who have nothing to LARP as

Most of the Dutch golden age was done by people from current day Belgium

>implying it's not just one American with books

>implying it's not just one American reading wiki articles
This would actually make sense

That's just sad.

Because at the time both regions were part of it and they thus share this cultural heritage?

LARPing

Most stereotypical feudal state but also most short lived.

>Stereotypical feudal state

Why?

>During the Burgandian wars Charles' army was defeated in every battle and every siege.
>Veeky Forums unironically likes to LARP about Burgandy

but they were faboulus during those defeats and sieges

Strifing lords, scandalous court life, tournaments and chivalry.