Globalism

>Globalism is the failed liberal authoritarian desire for a "one world" view that rejects the important role of nations in protecting values and encouraging productivity. Globalism is anti-American in encouraging Americans to adopt a "world view" rather than an "American view."
How can you defend this?

Globalization is really just Americanization. It's ironic that a scheme designed to promote American hegemony backfired and instead fostered an American resentment of the rest of the world. Americans have been brought to believe that they help the world out of their own good nature, it's not surprising that they would believe their own lies and turn on the world they control.

Easy, globalization has provided and will continue to provide massive economic benefits for the entire world.

With cheap goods and the world's prosperity generally on the rise. Aside from the US of course, because their minimum wage isn't adjusted to inflation or will ever be raised. When will the Americans learn?

Globalization worked until the end of Bretton-Woods and the rise of neoliberalism in the late 1970s. The decline in the power of trade unions and deregulation have created an unaccountable international ruling class (while I'm not entirely anti-capitalist, these people need to be brought to heel as they somewhat were in the immediate postwar decades) while shock therapy by international bureaucracies has devastated middle and developing economies from post-Soviet Russia to modern Greece.

While globalization has had many benefits and is arguably the main reason why we haven't had a third world war, for the past few decades it has failed to benefit large swathes of the population. This has worked to the benefit of right-wing populists and Islamists who threaten liberal democracy and the rule of law, and IMO the only way to counter both the moribund liberal establishment and the authoritarian right is to channel populist anger towards national and international policies to rein in capital and democratize institutions like the European Union.

t. ex-Marxist, current social democrat

Fuck off you neocon faggot

Globalization has made the world more prosperous than it's ever been

Want everyone to go back to living in caves and only trading with their tribe?

Who needs to defend the truth?

Daily reminder that "muh nation states" and "muh values and traditions" are not valid arguments against globalization

B-but everyone in the tribe will have jobs!

globalism is bad because it encourages insane amounts of wealth inequality and plutocracy.
not because it "rejects the important role of nations in protecting values and encouraging productivity." that's just fucking stupid. a government shouldn't be enforcing values upon it's populace, and globalism has done nothing but increase productivity worldwide.

Pretty sure neocons are globalist.

>globalism is bad because it encourages insane amounts of wealth inequality and plutocracy.
That's just unchecked capitalism, not globalsim.

I always find it strange that people talk about "Globalism" as if it was an ideology or a conspiracy, they sometimes even seem to personalise "Globalism" as if it was a "thing" that is doing "stuff".

Globalism is simply a result of human development and technology.

Gobalism is the fact I am talking to you all in real time on a messaging board. Globalism is the fact I can order goods from China or anywhere else in the world and have them show up via boat or plane in short order. Globalism is the fact I can order a holiday and flights online right now to anywhere and go there tomorrow.

>Globalism
>Anti-american
It's literally a word for American imperialism.

>Liberal
>Authoritarian
That's an oxymoron, you moron.

And higher minimum wages will change what?
Higher import of chinese goods?
Beside it doesnt matter what minimum wages are, people still earn money, just because minimum is 10$, doesnt mean every burger flipper makes 10$

Globalism is supposed to be a an ideology that supports globalization, the process.

why can't the far-left define "capitalism" and always use the word in a different meaning?

Adjusting wages to inflation is the best option, as it assures that your wage always has the same buying power year to year. The minimum wage of last year can be worth more or less the one this year.

There is nothing you can do to "support" the process or stop it. All you can do is manage it.

And by doing all these things you and I become the same when we eat/drink/think/see etc same things.
We all become the same collective, you could travel in western world and see that all young people look slightly alike, think alike, act alike and believe in same memes and act according to these memes.
Like literally, interwebz memes are becoming peoples realities, my fucking mom parttakes in memes she sees on facebook and takes them seriously.
I swear, all the people are exactly the same, everyone thinks the fucking same, argues same and have same opinions, and they dont know why!
Memes man, they goin to ruin the world...
>do u even autism?
;___;

>who is Woodrow Wilson
Liberal imperialism is just as real as any other ideology which spreads by the sword.

- an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

Besides, you are using a sweeping generalization to characterize me as the "far left" without knowledge of who I am or my beliefs save for a single post. But I don't think you cared about an honest debate from the start anyways.

Neocons ARE globalist, dingus.

>1-2% each year
>consumption power is ruined 2k18
Goods get cheaper, americans have like the strongest buy power in the world.
Shit is cheap in USA, like food/clothing etc

the only people with fluid definitions of capitalism are right of center

>Besides, you are using a sweeping generalization to characterize me as the "far left" without knowledge of who I am or my beliefs save for a single post. But I don't think you cared about an honest debate from the start anyways.

Please return to your safe space reddit...

Not him but you got wrecked.

you don't understand
he was pointing out that liberal and authoritarian are literally antonyms

Ah, good to see I was right.

Globalism encourages insane amounts of wealth and plutocracy because IT ALLOWS people to store money in offshore tax havens and outsource to poor underdeveloped countries for slave labor.

As well as global speculation and a global stock market.

/thread

That picture on the left isn't supposed to be representative of globalism, it's supposed to be representative of multiculturalism.

>IT ALLOWS people to store money in offshore tax havens
That has always been the case, with or without globalism. Hell, before that they just routinely bought up gold to store their gains. Just look up the Panama Papers, it's very insightful.

>outsource to poor underdeveloped countries for slave labor.
Like what we have always done with immigration since the industrial revolution anyways? The difference is now you just cut out the middle man, immigration. You just send the jobs over to one of the many low-paying countries, usually through contractors for deniable responsibility, so that you can maximize profits and minimize risk (for yourself, God knows the system isn't for the workers).
The stock market is one of the few ways you can actually invest your money and assure a good reward by the end of it. It's something like a lottery you can actually win, but just not as big as you could in the lottery.

I can see where you're coming from. I mean people are literally going to war (for example joining ISIS from a developed country) because they were influenced by internet memes.

Interesting thoughts.

Yeah right, you stupid commies went ape shit when we gave you McDonalds. Even those uncontacted tribes who come out of the rain forest wear clothes and say "yeah this is pretty good, much better than being nude in the woods." If you don't want our shit feel free to fuck off to antarctica pinko

That's the definition famalini. The term is fairly new and undefined.

You can support globalization by cutting the red tape around transportation of goods, people and capital. You can slow it down by doing the opposite. You can reduce it by destroying the technology which allowed for it.

If you've meant that globalization just happened due to technological factors and the ideologies surrounding it had little to no effect, then I would agree with you.

Is the stock market bad now?

so this is that high level of discourse the sticky talked about, huh.
good job Veeky Forums

Okay. I can dig what you're saying here.